D4 had over 1 million closed beta access players, with multi-millions expected this weekend. Wow.

Well that was one smooth launch. Guess those test weekends really paid off. Sitting in town eating breakfast amused at all the titles I am seeing, enjoying Kyovoshad's weird Ghibli-esque dirge. Neat.

The name says it all.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Well that was one smooth launch. Guess those test weekends really paid off. Sitting in town eating breakfast amused at all the titles I am seeing, enjoying Kyovoshad's weird Ghibli-esque dirge. Neat.

Saturday was a bit of a shit show on the Eastern US servers, at least. 4-5 hrs of resetting login queues. Given people paid a premium for early access, not cool. Not the end of the world, but not "smooth launch." They also swung the nerf hammer HARD on Saturday. Not sure what they used all that test weekend data for if they had to live patch mega-nerfs in on day 3 or whatever.

D4 is decidedly "meh" for me so far. Not bad, a nice change of pace from POE, but not sure it will have enough to offer to stay interesting past a play through or two. Probably good enough for me to skip 3.22 easily, though. GGG has burned up all good will. They need to earn my free time back with a decent league and way better communication about where this hamster wheel is going.

Thank god for BTD6.
$650+ million in 5 days post June 6th? Gawt damn.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
D4 was more interesting before it released. now its just dull. anyways hoho.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
"
gandhar0 wrote:

Lol quick on that edit my guy.

Anyways all I did was post a sales figure. I'm enjoying D4 just fine. I was on vacation, so nah I'm not at endgame quite yet.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln

276 million hours played in the first week is appropriately absurd. It puts nicely into context the review bombing on metacritic, which is done by like a thousand people.
6200 level 100 players is also pretty amazing in that time frame. People definitely put in an unhealthy week of hours played during the launch lol.

Didn't someone get to 100 during early access (4 days), in like 80 hours or something? That's nuts and I actually hope that was a shared account. 20h+ per day is just ridiculous.
- Abraham Lincoln
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
6200 level 100 players is also pretty amazing in that time frame. People definitely put in an unhealthy week of hours played during the launch lol.

Didn't someone get to 100 during early access (4 days), in like 80 hours or something? That's nuts and I actually hope that was a shared account. 20h+ per day is just ridiculous.

Yes. Rob2628 got to 100 in 3 days.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
"
gandhar0 wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

Yes. Rob2628 got to 100 in 3 days.

Yes and nobody will again with the quickfire nerfs to every and all efficient xp strats daily, often undocumented. It's really fun logging in to find out if they nerfed your build or farming preference ad hoc with zero notice.

I guess these aren't issues of concern if you play twenty minutes a day and reached level 11 on all five classes and found 3 magic items total since 2 weeks ago meanwhile spending like two hours a day posting in the forum of a completely different arpg about the amazing sales of D4 and how much better that makes it, totally convincing an audience of arpg enjoyers that they are all wrong because they spend too much time playing arpgs while all the while still being here, talking at us instead of bogging off to the D4 forums.
^lol imagine telling people to stop posting off topic stuff in off topic

---

I don't follow that streamer stuff but something randomish did hit the GF's news feed: the first 100 HC was killed by a net fart and a vampire bat.

So every time I kill a vampire bat successfully I feel like a fucking god.

:)

---

Found my first wtf item on an archery rogue. Legendary aspects are pretty uniform -- tbf, they're 100% uniform in function -- but for some reason this bow spawned with the 15% basic attack speed aspect...at 60% basic attack speed.

So I figure it went to 30% since 2handers get double aspect, but to double again indicates it may have rolled some sort of max? I dunno. All I know is 60% basic attack speed is amazing on a bow and I imagine pretty damn good on any weapon given the earner/spender mechanic.

---

My shadow meleemancer is technically in endgame (he is such a tank) but as usual I would rather play the campaign a few more times. 9 more times to be precise. To hear all the different PC dialogue. So far the male necro, female rogue and female barbarian are my favourites.

I did check out campaign skip and it's what you'd expect. Unlocks the endgame tasks but set to low level, removes story prompts but retains all quests otherwise. In both campaign and non, act areas have a level minimum so it's not entirely open world from level 1 and you won't get chonk xp killing a level 19 mob at level 5. I tried.

On the plus side, altars and area achievements mean each new character is a little bit stronger than the last. Being able to access core skills at level 1 reeaaally speeds the early game up nicely. It's a bit like automatic muling and tweaking. Lets me get a grasp of each build's feel pretty much before I even hit KTown, which is awesome.

Of all the styles Ive tested so far, a few surprised me with how much I enjoy them. Bleed barbarian is ridiculously satisfying, and chain lightning sorc is 100% D2 nostalgia. Melee rogue I loved in beta and I love still. Still can't figure out how to make the Druid interesting.

Still just sort of fluffling about world-wise. I don't want to burn too many dungeons as I would like to save those for my group play and it's a different sort of fun relying on drops and crafting aspects around than making them permanently available.

The dearth of dyes screams mtx sadly but eh the armour skins themselves are pretty great.

Definitely feeling the absence of true sword and board, especially given the very Templar-like feel to the Church of Light.

The name says it all.
Last edited by 鬼殺し on Jun 13, 2023, 9:43:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info