Diablo 4 is POE KILLER !!.

I must say Diablo 4 environments are really well done since I am a sucker for this game aspect since Icewind Dale. But the leaked footage of POE 2 Act 1 and 2 artstyle look even better and hold great promise of what to come.

For the rest there is nothing in Diablo 4 that draws me in.

I dont care about how many people play Diablo 4 or how much paper Diablo 4 makes. This is a vain measure of success. Something I already realized when I was 9 years old.

Also I hope POE 2 does not add cinematic cutscenes. It completely takes me out of the gameplay loop and money is best spent elsewhere. And if they do, I hope they make them only between transitioning from one act to another.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
The world and graphics are nice.
The builds are terrible.
Just like D3 but you don't have sets to save it
Auto attack - auto attack - auto attack - spender
Cutscenes are great quality as usual

Story great in the beginning and the end, the middle kinda cringe
MC is a lifeless bozo. Should've been a mute.

Campaign is solid.

Open world is just busywork and copypasted like witcher 3, in W3 the main story and characters held the game together, not the open world

Grind renowned: holy hell its going to be a borefest. Side dungeons, sure. Sidequests that are 80% fetch quest variety and require you to travel all over the map and altars grinding for each season is ridiculous.

QoL: for as much crap PoE and LE have taken in form of QoL, D4 has pretty much no QoL. Not even the tried and true things that worked in D3.

Main issue with builds besides the obvious lack of customization and crappy tree:

many are gated behind imprinting legendaries. Many are drop-only. OK, well, we play PoE.

Well yeah, but - lets say you have your build together with a mandatory imprint in WT3 at around ~55. Now youre getting sacred items which are big upgrade in armor and weapons...but wait you cant imprint non-codex NORMAL legendary imprints onto sacred items. So you have to get the aspect to drop AGAIN on a sacred item, with a decent roll too. And then AGAIN in WT4 with ancient items.

Imagine youre doing a build that requires a Shavs in old PoE. Each difficulty you go through the acts youd need to actually re-farm the shavs every time.

Druid has so many build-defining legendaries as drop-only. Trap-only rogue needs the stealth+poison trap leggo. So on so forth.
Last edited by grepman on Jun 5, 2023, 9:44:15 PM
D4 has one very good QoL.
All items drop identified.
But you can view the items stats when it's on the ground(I think).

I hope GGG can get with the times.
"
BusinessDoge wrote:
D4 has one very good QoL.
All items drop identified.
But you can view the items stats when it's on the ground(I think).

I hope GGG can get with the times.

Gotta be honest I think that takes away from the excitement of unique items. Certainly magics should be id, rare is questionable due to loot filters.
Wow... This aged well...

Hows the D4 playerbase holding up?

They're adding robot companions for season 3... Seems familar, can't put my finger on it.
D4 player base seems to be holding up pretty good.

The QOL features make the game very smooth and fun.
Examples:
* Running around automatically picks up most items that can then usually stack to 999,999.
* Much is automatically put into different inventory tabs.
* An inventory sort option puts items in a convenient order for quickly viewing potential item upgrades.
* Almost always clear what killed your character.
* D4 is not at all stingy with access to whatever monster level you'd like to play. (Meaning running out of high-level maps, for example, is not a thing.)
* Just hit the space bar and your character takes a few quick steps. This is called an evade function, it's really nice and fun.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Jan 21, 2024, 4:52:05 PM
"
Turtledove wrote:
D4 player base seems to be holding up pretty good.

The QOL features make the game very smooth and fun.
Examples:
* Running around automatically picks up most items that can then usually stack to 999,999.
* Much is automatically put into different inventory tabs.
* An inventory sort option puts items in a convenient order for quickly viewing potential item upgrades.
* Almost always clear what killed your character.
* D4 is not at all stingy with access to whatever monster level you'd like to play. (Meaning running out of high-level maps, for example, is not a thing.)
* Just hit the space bar and your character takes a few quick steps. This is called an evade function, it's really nice and fun.

How is the player base holding up well?
It got annihilated, you can't compare this to Diablo numbers because it's a AAA franchise that's been around forever.

A lot of people don't like to "evade" in an ARPG, however if you like it great!

This game is rather old, I'm very very new but I accept that PoE 2 should solve a lot of the issues that PoE 1 has.
"
Anabolixrip wrote:

It got annihilated, you can't compare this to Diablo numbers because it's a AAA franchise that's been around forever.

A lot of people don't like to "evade" in an ARPG, however if you like it great!

This game is rather old, I'm very very new but I accept that PoE 2 should solve a lot of the issues that PoE 1 has.

Articles I've read seem to indicate that the player base is holding up pretty well. They indicate that numbers are down some from the initial peak but still okay. I'm not sure what you are saying was annihilated?

PoE has been around for a long time. It's a great game.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Anabolixrip wrote:

I wouldnt say its annihilated, D4 currently sits on the charts of 100 most played on steam

Not holding terribly great for an AAA game, but its not dead(peak players is arond 10k, around half the amount of players on PoE at anytime, take it as you will)

Dunno how it will hold after any decent time after release, game is still rather fresh. But number of players is hardly a good indicator of quality(yugioh master duel also sits on top 50 and that game has been in an absolute horseshit state for years, idk how someone can stomach that garbage, but there you have it, consistent top 50)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info