Diablo 4 is POE KILLER !!.

"
dariogx wrote:

d4 players are the kind of players to open poe and never launch it again

And what about all the crossover PoE players that will play both?

During the D4 Dev Stream yesterday they announced D4's first season will be coming mid-to-late July. Interesting to say the least. That is very close to Exilecon and the next PoE league. Blizz clearly gives zero fucks here. I guess we will see how PoE players react when given the choice.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on May 11, 2023, 9:46:59 AM
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
dariogx wrote:

During the D4 Dev Stream yesterday they announced D4's first season will be coming mid-to-late July. Interesting to say the least. That is very close to Exilecon and the next PoE league. Blizz clearly gives zero fucks here. I guess we will see how PoE players react when given the choice.

most Poe streamer will play D4 for awhile cause blizzard pays them enough in a sponsorship.
But most normal players will likely jump into D4 for the time being to fill the gap between the end of the league and the upcoming league after exile con. Pretty much a no brainer
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on May 12, 2023, 1:49:32 AM
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
dariogx wrote:

This could both be good or bad for PoE, depending on how good the first D4 season is. If it bombs, PoE will do great... but if its good, then PoE might have another Blight.
"
Pashid wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
dariogx wrote:

most Poe streamer will play D4 for awhile cause blizzard pays them enough in a sponsorship.
But most normal players will likely jump into D4 for the time being to fill the gap between the end of the league and the upcoming league after exile con. Pretty much a no brainer

I don't think Blizzard sponsorship money will make much difference. It's the audiences/ viewer volume. If "insert top PoE streamer" gets 60k viewers from D4, and 15k-20k from PoE, that's a no brainer.

Also what makes you think average, normal, casual, whatever you want to call them, players, won't stick with D4? I honestly don't see some mass exodus from D4 in July, especially if Season 1 starts, for PoE's new league. I guess we will find out, as it looks like they will be directly competing in a similar time frame.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on May 12, 2023, 9:51:27 AM
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

I don't think Blizzard sponsorship money will make much difference. It's the audiences/ viewer volume. If "insert top PoE streamer" gets 60k viewers from D4, and 15k-20k from PoE, that's a no brainer.

Of course it does. Even you would choose a well paid sponsorship over your regular streaming payment if it's for your living. It's just the natural habit of close to every full job streamer to pick whatever gives the most money. Quite a no brainer as well or do you really think streamer have fun to advertise every mobile game and so on?

But funny enough named Poe streamer had even less viewers during a D4 stream compared to their regular Poe stream.
Almost like people follow their streams for PoE content and not a mutation of diablo and lost ark lol.

"
Also what makes you think average, normal, casual, whatever you want to call them, players, won't stick with D4?

Did players stick with D3? Nope D3 had their own audience and most Poe player played it to fill the gap between the end of a league and a new league.
D4 won't be any different cause it's just a watered down and altered version of D3 with some minor new stuff. The Diablo fan base will stay for a while till bliz pulls of the same mistake as they did with D3 RoS. People who enjoy more complexity will continue to play Poe and peak into D4 ever here and there to fill in some time. Just a no brainer if you look at the past games and how little impact they had.
But I suppose we will see how it goes, I'm personally already excited to see all the D4 related topics in both PoE and D4 forum once people start to burn out after a week or two with the lack of content and freedom the game offers. :)
Cause it's not really that hard to see a games true face these days. Companies only want your money and they do whatever to offer you a new rushed game to fill in their pockets. Blizzard is pretty well known for that since years.
But even Poe2 will likely go into the direction as well.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on May 12, 2023, 12:55:35 PM
"
Pashid wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

Of course it does. Even you would choose a well paid sponsorship over your regular streaming payment if it's for your living. It's just the natural habit of close to every full job streamer to pick whatever gives the most money. Quite a no brainer as well or do you really think streamer have fun to advertise every mobile game and so on?

But funny enough named Poe streamer had even less viewers during a D4 stream compared to their regular Poe stream.
Almost like people follow their streams for PoE content and not a mutation of diablo and lost ark lol.

"
Also what makes you think average, normal, casual, whatever you want to call them, players, won't stick with D4?

Did players stick with D3? Nope D3 had their own audience and most Poe player played it to fill the gap between the end of a league and a new league.
D4 won't be any different cause it's just a watered down and altered version of D3 with some minor new stuff. The Diablo fan base will stay for a while till bliz pulls of the same mistake as they did with D3 RoS. People who enjoy more complexity will continue to play Poe and peak into D4 ever here and there to fill in some time. Just a no brainer if you look at the past games and how little impact they had.
But I suppose we will see how it goes, I'm personally already excited to see all the D4 related topics in both PoE and D4 forum once people start to burn out after a week or two with the lack of content and freedom the game offers. :)
Cause it's not really that hard to see a games true face these days. Companies only want your money and they do whatever to offer you a new rushed game to fill in their pockets. Blizzard is pretty well known for that since years.
But even Poe2 will likely go into the direction as well.

Wow some BIG copium here. I guess we will see shortly and find out who is correct on the streaming. Sure there will be launch sponships to promote the game, but thats only temporary. 99% of those people would have been streaming D4 either way post launch. I suspect D4 will be just fine in a PoE side by side comparison lol.

And players didn't stick with D3? In what universe did that occur? My dude it has been over 10 years, 28 seasons, and 65 million copies sold. It did more than OK with players I'd say.

But like you said let's see how it goes. By all accounts this seems like an absolutely historic launch coming. I very much doubt D4 will fall on its face in "less than a week or two".
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on May 12, 2023, 1:18:28 PM
They will make money regardless if its bad or not especially with that shop they got. We all seen that from Diablo Immortal lol. Cha Ching.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
"
xPiranha wrote:
especially with that shop they got

PoE or D4? Hoho

D4 shop is tame compared to GGG's lol let's be real. F2P or not, PoE monetization is way over the top. Battle pass, loot boxes, stash space, specific league tabs, wings that cost more than Elden Ring retail, hell you cant even make an effect turn off without paying. It's seriously insane if you step back a bit.

Anyways what game studio isn't trying to make money?
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on May 12, 2023, 2:18:06 PM
:P
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
xPiranha wrote:
especially with that shop they got

PoE or D4? Hoho

D4 shop is tame compared to GGG's lol let's be real. F2P or not, PoE monetization is way over the top. Battle pass, loot boxes, stash space, specific league tabs, wings that cost more than Elden Ring retail, hell you cant even make an effect turn off without paying. It's seriously insane if you step back a bit.

Anyways what game studio isn't trying to make money?

This is what surprises me - D4 cash shop and general monetization seems to be extremely tame, at least by all available information. And yet people complain about it like about nothing else.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info