Done with D3 after a week

Sadly to say I'm done with D3 after just one week. POE stays true to the Genre' wayyyyy much more.

Drops in POE are interesting. Skills, supports, different currency, uniques that are actually unique and have strange skills. If you played WOW you then let me tell you the D3 drops are damn near the same.

Next up is template building. It does NOT exist in D3. Changing out your skills does not equate to building your own template. POEs template building is awesome.

Let's go back to gear for a moment. Sockets and Links.
This aspect of the game is unbelievably awesome. The Combos you can make with this IN ADDITION to your build make it great. The most sockets I saw on an item in D3 was 3...on a chest...and the gem abilities are boring. Other than helm or weapon the gems simply add to your main stat.

D3 has a good story. I loved the game on the first play through. After that...yawn. I hope POE sets up a great story as well. One problem with the higher difficulties in D3 was there is no mechanic changes in the bosses...just bigger damage.

My other hope is that POE has a great endgame and an auction house (NOT real money). Something like Torchlight had with the unending dungeon that got harder as you went down each level.

I think there will be an auction house, and you'll be able to access it from the website. Soon you can also trade on the forums using the website without ever logging into the game.

As for the endgame, there's a new endgame dungeon coming soon to replace Maelstrom of Chaos in... I think the next patch? Maybe Open Beta.

The game literally improves in massive ways with each patch.
The only thing I didn't like in the most recent patch was being able to be killed from creatures off screen...that was annoying.
bliz seems to have missed that one of the reasons that D2 lasted so long was because you could use item editors to tweek your gear or char... i always threw my chars a charm to give 5% more xp and 10 to all resistance and some times uped my base mana/life a little.

but all they can see is that it will be harder to pirate the game this way... but i bet when a fake server crack is fully developed i bet it will spread like wild fire... i only hope that the crack will fully support LAN play. :)
*PS: totally not buying D3 or ANY BLIZ game that is a single player game and requires an ISP connection.*

if they want an online only Diablo they need to make world of Diablo.

"
Rawrasawr wrote:
The only thing I didn't like in the most recent patch was being able to be killed from creatures off screen...that was annoying.

if this is the case they really need to let us zoom out more... i also like to zoom in more and see what my chars look like with new items.
We can't solve problems we can't talk about...
"
I think there will be an auction house, and you'll be able to access it from the website. Soon you can also trade on the forums using the website without ever logging into the game.

As for the endgame, there's a new endgame dungeon coming soon to replace Maelstrom of Chaos in... I think the next patch? Maybe Open Beta.

The game literally improves in massive ways with each patch.

Is an Auction House confirmed? Please no, no AH...

Trading -- by all means. But an AH just ruins so much of the item hunt fun for games like this. It is one of my most hated "features" of Diablo 3 (and there are plenty of things I dislike about D3).
IGN Astramor
Last edited by Astramor on May 27, 2012, 1:23:51 AM
Did anyone who played D3 experience severe connection issues?
Back in black
I hit the sack
I've been too long I'm glad to be back
*Does.

D3 is having problems with overloading, both on the game servers and the auction house. AH goes down frequently, and ping jumps from 170 to ~1500 during peak times.

They're just teething issues really, but the lack of communication from bliz about what they're doing is the real pain point.

Theres a lot of variety in equipment, just like in poe. Its true skill builds can be swapped out at any time in D3, but the same does apply to poe as well. You can't change your passives in poe easily, but then its not exactly easy to change you stat setup in D3 either once you reach endgame, that gear is expensive and still havent seen anything resembling pefect gear. Getting perfect gear in poe is quite a lot easier.
Last edited by Asmosis on May 27, 2012, 1:50:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ACv1HQM2AQ OMFG ,please GGG dont fail soo hard ! rainbow level what is that...
"
Primality wrote:

Is an Auction House confirmed? Please no, no AH...

Trading -- by all means. But an AH just ruins so much of the item hunt fun for games like this. It is one of my most hated "features" of Diablo 3 (and there are plenty of things I dislike about D3).

As far as I know, it hasn't been confirmed to be an auction house. My guess is that it will be modeled on trade forums, but that most of the trading will happen from in-game contacts, trade channels, etc.. Maybe I missed an announcement of real details, however.
Last edited by Britannicus on May 27, 2012, 5:03:36 PM
Same, except i do not want an AH of any kind in PoE after playing D3.
Last edited by pighunter101 on May 27, 2012, 5:08:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info