Done with D3 after a week

I also played D3 for about 1 week and finally killed diablo on inferno solo. Now the only reason to keep playing would be to sell stuff in RMAH. Thats not enough for me, I'm done with diablo.
Auction House ruined the game. I spent ~20 hours lurking around, searching for good deals and I was a millionaire with great gear. The best way to gain money wasn't farming, it's clicking that search button as often as possible in AH.

Haven't played PoE in 5 months now, but I'm most likely coming back soon.
ign hodornator
I'm still having great fun with POE after the letdown of D3. I'm a two hander marauder standard type, but I can see there are several other builds that intrigue me.

On the other hand, I like POE let's me really specialize if I want to. The freedom to work the tools in the belt to my liking is far superior to D3. That's what it comes down to in a nutshell for me.
The Richest Man in Babylon by George S. Clason: Read it, live it and prosper!
"
zgalliett wrote:
Yeah. After doing boring runs in Hell and Inferno, servers being unstable, and the game focusing on the AH, I think I'm just done. Item hunting is so dull. Quests are dull. End game is dull. The graphics and game play are fun, but that doesn't bring much "replayability." Just makes it a fun game to play for a week.

I heard PoE sticks to the traditional action/dark RPG style , so I'm downloading the beta. Can't wait to try it.

In D2 you found uniques and set items usually every hour or so...more if you did Meph runs in the early days.

For D3 I went Normal...then Nightmare...then Hell...THEN was finally Act 1 inferno before I saw something NOT yellow or blue.

I found the Witch Doctor set dagger...which had absolutely no special powers...just bigger numbers. Yawn.
Last edited by Rawrasawr on May 30, 2012, 8:46:53 AM
I'm not really done with Diablo 3 yet, but oh how I miss PoE sometimes. Right now, for instance, the ability to actually play. And having someone in the loop being able to share some information on what is going on and when it might be solved.
I'm almost done with it. Between not being able to get on, the broken auction house, and the overall shortness and sameness of the game, it's been a major disappointment. Blizzard really messed up on this one. They are really not the same company that made those great games back in the 90's.
"
Asmosis wrote:
*Does.

D3 is having problems with overloading, both on the game servers and the auction house. AH goes down frequently, and ping jumps from 170 to ~1500 during peak times.

They're just teething issues really, but the lack of communication from bliz about what they're doing is the real pain point.

Theres a lot of variety in equipment, just like in poe. Its true skill builds can be swapped out at any time in D3, but the same does apply to poe as well. You can't change your passives in poe easily, but then its not exactly easy to change you stat setup in D3 either once you reach endgame, that gear is expensive and still havent seen anything resembling pefect gear. Getting perfect gear in poe is quite a lot easier.

Lies.

Show me a perfect in poe.
30 day money back refund if you aren't happy with what they've done...
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
Can we play PoE offline ?
Biggest gripes I got with D3 is abysmal story made for 10year olds. And I cannot just ignore it like in D1 and D2 as everyone is in your face all the time... at least they give us a good reason to kill the enemy bosses, they are so fucking irritating all the time. The only problem is the ingame character lacks motivation while we the player are pissed off.

GGG can easily make a better story with PoE and have this over D3 if they try for real(it would mean making story better in Act 1 and 2, not wait until Act 3 for anything worth our time to read it).

Another thing I am bothered with D3 is everyone uses all same weapons for all their skills. It is really stupid and totally unrealistic. I would even say unDiablo like.

Weapons should be split by class or at least by certain skills of classes.

And as people said, AH ruined the game. Too easy to get 2x better stuff in AH. It could have been fixed by letting players have better drops until Inferno. That way AH would only have marginally better stuff and all the items would be worth a small amount. But PoE probably awaits same fate when their trading opens. I hope GGG has some plans how to make it better then D3.

What D3 does much better then PoE is combat flow and animations as well as destructible environment.

part of the problem is that Bliz allowed players to keep items gotten from upper inferno exploits that they've placed on the AH. The AH is full of items that are so much better than even super rare items from lower areas.. it broke the game.

"The game itself is an item check, with little to no player skill involved" ~professional SC player friend of mine

GGG can avoid this issue by keeping track of exploits and getting rid of items farmed via exploits.

Also the level cap of D3 and the itemization system they use combined with the MASSIVE jumps between gear power is another large problem.

GGG can avoid this by creating a smoother gear progression at the top, while also utilizing stat and level requirements to prevent level 60's from using gear with level 100 mods on it.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info