[3.24] Icicle Mines / Eye of Winter Deadeye - Cheap / League Starter / Fast Mapper / 1st Day T16

Man, I had the roughest time with this build just yesterday. I felt squishy as heck and damage felt lacking, took me like 6 tries (not portals, tries) to kill exarch, etc. etc. Even tried a rathpith set-up, but I didn't understand it all that well and I kept getting 1 tapped, etc.

Decided to stick with it and today I figured out that my issue with the rathpith setup was that I didn't have a dissolution of the flesh jewel *insert clown emoji here*.

I got myself a dissolution and now my damage, even without uber lab and with some...meh... gear is great and survivability is great as well. Only missing a Shroud of the Lightless and Nimis, but those are really expensive so ehh.

So to anyone following this setup: Pay close attention to the jewels. They are very important, especially once you go rathpith.

For anyone curious here's my current POB (again, very suboptimal, I'm aware). https://pobb.in/0J8x_pc7oEXY

I do have a few questions though:
1. For single target, wouldn't we be better off using Icicle Mine of Fanning?
2. Has anyone tried any grave crafts for our gear yet? Any recipes you're able to share?
3. What about that new unique body armour that drops from Cortex? Would that be a good shout for a body armour (not that it's cheaper than shroud atm)

Thanks again for the build, it was a bit of a struggle for survivability for me the first bit, but I'm really starting to enjoy it now. And the shatter is glorious ofc.
"
bwssoldya wrote:
Man, I had the roughest time with this build just yesterday. I felt squishy as heck and damage felt lacking, took me like 6 tries (not portals, tries) to kill exarch, etc. etc. Even tried a rathpith set-up, but I didn't understand it all that well and I kept getting 1 tapped, etc.

Decided to stick with it and today I figured out that my issue with the rathpith setup was that I didn't have a dissolution of the flesh jewel *insert clown emoji here*.

I got myself a dissolution and now my damage, even without uber lab and with some...meh... gear is great and survivability is great as well. Only missing a Shroud of the Lightless and Nimis, but those are really expensive so ehh.

So to anyone following this setup: Pay close attention to the jewels. They are very important, especially once you go rathpith.

For anyone curious here's my current POB (again, very suboptimal, I'm aware). https://pobb.in/0J8x_pc7oEXY

I do have a few questions though:
1. For single target, wouldn't we be better off using Icicle Mine of Fanning?
2. Has anyone tried any grave crafts for our gear yet? Any recipes you're able to share?
3. What about that new unique body armour that drops from Cortex? Would that be a good shout for a body armour (not that it's cheaper than shroud atm)

Thanks again for the build, it was a bit of a struggle for survivability for me the first bit, but I'm really starting to enjoy it now. And the shatter is glorious ofc.

Skill Pain Attunement, it grants 30% more damage ;)
"
Anyone knows if Unnerve works with Icicle? Instead its better use Throwing Speed?

It works. I kept it, because I hit it before I hit mine throwing speed and didn't want to use too many orbs yet.
"
99prosorc wrote:

Skill Pain Attunement, it grants 30% more damage ;)

Haha yeah, I'm on my way. Just need to hit level 89.

What about the questions I posted as well btw? Have you had time to investigate those things by any chance?
do you guys not using the mastery to enable mines when you move? is that bad? or are using other alternatives.
"
keygy wrote:
do you guys not using the mastery to enable mines when you move? is that bad? or are using other alternatives.

The mastery detonates the mines way too slow and also costs a passive point. It's really bad for Icicle.

Use the new gem instead: Automation gem, and link it with a Detonate Mines gem.
You have to activate Automation afterwards! (like Auras)
Last edited by 99prosorc on Apr 1, 2024, 4:49:47 PM
Can someone explain the interaction between raithpit and dissolution of flesh?

Am I supposed to be stuck at 1 hp for max dmg?
God damn, I love this build, how havent I found this earlier!!

https://pobb.in/yZV-qZGfhorf

Any immediate improvements? Are my links in the boots wrong?
I guess I should get decent abyss jewels as a first.
I can afford a 3 abyss chest, is it worth it?
"
ölet wrote:
God damn, I love this build, how havent I found this earlier!!

https://pobb.in/yZV-qZGfhorf

Any immediate improvements? Are my links in the boots wrong?
I guess I should get decent abyss jewels as a first.
I can afford a 3 abyss chest, is it worth it?

1. abyssal jewels with 30+ life + 11-12 crit multi (also very cheap)
2. weapon and amulet
3. HH or MB
4. 3 socket shroud
5. Nimis + lvl 21 Icicle of Fanning
I stumbled upon a Fury Valve Amulet on my SSF Character.
Have you tried this / understand the interaction with icicle mine?
Thanks for your time. Love the content.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info