[3.24] Icicle Mines / Eye of Winter Deadeye - Cheap / League Starter / Fast Mapper / 1st Day T16

Did a leveling run with icicle mine yesterday and love the build. Very strong leveling throughout all of the skills.

However I'm wondering a bit about the later game set up for this build. Is there any real top-end for this build? A real aspirational set up? Also is there something we can do with this build for bossing? Or is it really just a mapper (/sanctum/delve/heist)?
"
bwssoldya wrote:
Did a leveling run with icicle mine yesterday and love the build. Very strong leveling throughout all of the skills.

However I'm wondering a bit about the later game set up for this build. Is there any real top-end for this build? A real aspirational set up? Also is there something we can do with this build for bossing? Or is it really just a mapper (/sanctum/delve/heist)?

It's fine for farming non-uber bosses + maven invitations though. (check my videos)

If you really want to farm uber bosses, it's always better to make a proper build for this purpose and only optimize it for this purpose.

If you try to turn a mapping build into a bossing build, it usually makes the build worse / less efficient for mapping.
Fair enough, cheers for the reply. Any idea when the updated POB with the 3.24 tree is gonna go up?
"
bwssoldya wrote:
Fair enough, cheers for the reply. Any idea when the updated POB with the 3.24 tree is gonna go up?

There are no changes. You basically just skill the new mine mastery at any of the mine masteries, unless you want to detonate them yourself.

I'm not sure about automation + steelskin, because of the mana cost. It will probably depend on your unreserved mana, which depends on your gear = has to be tested.
Last edited by 99prosorc on Mar 25, 2024, 5:00:35 PM
"
bwssoldya wrote:

There are some builds that reach 100~200m DPS (or better). Icicle Mine isn't very popular for uber bosses, but it's possible.
In the Affliction league, the Annihilating Light + Victario's version was very popular, but without the Primalist tree it might be better to use another version.
In 3.22 when I did Icicle Mine I even tried to do Uber Shaper even though my DPS wasn't the best. The biggest problem was dying too easily, but I managed to kill it.
Last edited by Bandaia on Mar 25, 2024, 10:14:11 PM
Thanks for the feedback and thanks for the build!

I'm dead keen to start this build on Friday, to the point where I've gone and merged all of the different POB's you provided into a single one. From the level 1 tree all the way to the level 100 tree you had in TOTA (including tattoos).

I also copied over all of the gear from all the trees and even added gear sets for the leveling portion to make it easy to remember what you're looking for. It also comes with a notes section that tells you what gems to grab as rewards and what gems to buy where, even including the necessary vendor RegEx's per act.

And lastly, as an added bonus, it also comes with the atlas tree's I'm going to be running during league start.

Here's the POB: https://pobb.in/oFxRtJGr1Bz3

@99prosorc, hope you don't mind me sharing that, if you do please let me know, I'll remove it. I mostly set this up for myself, but figured it might help others as well. All credit for the build still goes to you ofc, seeing as I really didn't do anything new with the build itself.
hey from sanctum rush only perspective, can this build do sanctum with early budget smoothly and safe from failing? can you convinced me to play this over hexblast miner? xD
"
bwssoldya wrote:
Thanks for the feedback and thanks for the build!

I'm dead keen to start this build on Friday, to the point where I've gone and merged all of the different POB's you provided into a single one. From the level 1 tree all the way to the level 100 tree you had in TOTA (including tattoos).

I also copied over all of the gear from all the trees and even added gear sets for the leveling portion to make it easy to remember what you're looking for. It also comes with a notes section that tells you what gems to grab as rewards and what gems to buy where, even including the necessary vendor RegEx's per act.

And lastly, as an added bonus, it also comes with the atlas tree's I'm going to be running during league start.

Here's the POB: https://pobb.in/oFxRtJGr1Bz3

@99prosorc, hope you don't mind me sharing that, if you do please let me know, I'll remove it. I mostly set this up for myself, but figured it might help others as well. All credit for the build still goes to you ofc, seeing as I really didn't do anything new with the build itself.

It's cool, GL at league start!
"
bwssoldya wrote:

Hows the P Concotion part? Im concerned about that since I've never done it before and I feel that if I go bow skill up to A5 then it might take a lot of regret points to respect tree.
"
Oswald89 wrote:

Hows the P Concotion part? Im concerned about that since I've never done it before and I feel that if I go bow skill up to A5 then it might take a lot of regret points to respect tree.

P Coc is very strong and doesn't require any weapon (just potion), it was easiest Merveil kill for me

Though, it was bugged in Affliction for some first hours sadly. But I doubt it will happen in Necropolis again, so should be fine.
Last edited by Kuwálda on Mar 28, 2024, 9:34:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info