[3.24] Icicle Mines / Eye of Winter Deadeye - Cheap / League Starter / Fast Mapper / 1st Day T16

"
"
DopeOnWax wrote:
"
Thank you very much for the guide. I'm trying to keep up, but I think there are a lot of complicated interactions with unique items. In particular, I can't get my head around March of the Legion. Why are they so special, and should i socket specific gems into them?

If you look at the mods for the boots it says + to aura gems. Icicle mine is an aura gem so it will boost the level of that gem. Ideally you want +5 to aura gems on the boots. So put your icicle mine gem setup in them. For a bit more spice you can get corrupted boots with a +2 to projectile gems,(Icicle mine is also a projectile gem) as well as the +5 aura gems for an even bigger boost.They are very cheap and the boost is very significant. I hope that helps.

Here's a trade link: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Affliction/KqRQj7RT5

Yeah, that helps a lot, thanks!

These are never used together with bitterdream then?

I did have my icicle setup in Bitterdream until I could get the boots. Then I put my skitterbots in Bitterdream which benifit from the support Bitterdream offers.

Edit:I found unbound ailments to work well with skitterbots in this setup.
Last edited by DopeOnWax on Dec 27, 2023, 8:18:02 AM
"
99prosorc wrote:
"
OTTOGIGA wrote:

Hello guys i'm using this sceptre that i got since i switched to this build. i have 40 divine to invest right now and i have also 3 socket shroud.
Can somebody tell me what sceptre would be better? I'm looking at different sceptre on the trade but when i import it on my pob the damage is always lower that the one i'm using right now...
Can somebody please help? And maybe help me to the next stepps to get the buidl better? Helmet with reservation enchant + englhten lv 4 is damn expensive...

PoB a Divinarius with very good spell damage and very good crit multiplier roll too!
It's quite hard to get / craft a better weapon.
Divinarius is a good "budget" option.
(But you have to get one with a very high spell dmg + very high crit multiplier roll!)
The downside is no mine throwing speed, no projectile speed.
Make sure to get it from other sources.

You may have a look at my video about how to craft a +2 amulet with t1 multi for about 14 div. Anoint +1 frenzy.

+8 or +9 Boots is another upgrade.

Im a little confused, PoB says double divinarius boosts my avg hit by almost 200k. Is it just better than crafted +1s? I've been running double screptre setup, since I do not like rathpith interaction. Could you maybe take a look at my build and maybe give me some advice on getting more dps?
Last edited by HDVision on Dec 27, 2023, 9:25:07 AM
"
I did have my icicle setup in Bitterdream until I could get the boots. Then I put my skitterbots in Bitterdream which benifit from the support Bitterdream offers.

Edit:I found unbound ailments to work well with skitterbots in this setup.

Wouldn't you gain more by getting a new wand/dagger?
"
99prosorc wrote:
"
OTTOGIGA wrote:

Hello guys i'm using this sceptre that i got since i switched to this build. i have 40 divine to invest right now and i have also 3 socket shroud.
Can somebody tell me what sceptre would be better? I'm looking at different sceptre on the trade but when i import it on my pob the damage is always lower that the one i'm using right now...
Can somebody please help? And maybe help me to the next stepps to get the buidl better? Helmet with reservation enchant + englhten lv 4 is damn expensive...

PoB a Divinarius with very good spell damage and very good crit multiplier roll too!
It's quite hard to get / craft a better weapon.
Divinarius is a good "budget" option.
(But you have to get one with a very high spell dmg + very high crit multiplier roll!)
The downside is no mine throwing speed, no projectile speed.
Make sure to get it from other sources.

You may have a look at my video about how to craft a +2 amulet with t1 multi for about 14 div. Anoint +1 frenzy.

+8 or +9 Boots is another upgrade.

Yeah i tried crafting that amulet... clicked 5000 alterations and still didn't get +1 all skill gems... i gave up :(

After the upgrades you listed i assume is there no other ways to effectly upgrade the build? I have 50 divines avaiable right now!

Anyway thank you for the build! I like it very much!
Last edited by OTTOGIGA on Dec 27, 2023, 4:17:43 PM
How much more dps can you get with icicle of fanning + nimis? I'm sorta confused since it's less projectiles, if I swap snakepit for max roll nimis with regular icicle, I lose dps (according to PoB). Does -2 proj really not matter? Is clear the same? How much more actual boss dps do we get?

/e: Okay fanning is actually a lot more damage and I assume we just get nimis to make it usable for clear? Cause snakepit still seems to give more dps? Still not sure, -2 proj seems like a big deal to me, but maybe I'm wrong
Last edited by HDVision on Dec 27, 2023, 7:50:00 PM
Love the build, was the best league start I ever had. I am severely struggling with survivablity right now though. I'm at T16's and die about twice per map. I'm res capped and got 4K life pool. Am i missing something on adding defences?
"
Wuzini wrote:
Love the build, was the best league start I ever had. I am severely struggling with survivablity right now though. I'm at T16's and die about twice per map. I'm res capped and got 4K life pool. Am i missing something on adding defences?

The goal is to kill stuff off screen before you get to it, keep your distance and mine mine mine
"
Wuzini wrote:

Friendly tip don't flame dash into group of enemies, that's guaranteed death. This Build has (in my opinion) weak survivability,cant tank much so your best defense is to attack from distance. Trust me it works!

I personally managed to finish "awakened atlas" all by myself. All breachstone lords, cortex maps, shaper/elder/conqueror guardians, and the last... The feared all in the presence of Maven (never done this before with any build). So long story short - I would like to thank 99prosorc for such an amazing build.The last time I had this much fun with any build was during Winter Orb era... So yeah it's been a while. Thank you,sir.
Pretty random question, does anyone have any suggestions for a timeless jewel setup that gives cold damage, cold pen and physical damage taken as cold? The physical to cold is mostly what I am after. Not used timeless jewels a lot in my recent builds so im not too knowledgeable on the subject. I know there used to be a setup at the jewel socket by pain attunement that gave 123% cold damage, 6% cold penetration,and 10% physical converted to cold.
Last edited by Corwynt on Dec 30, 2023, 12:30:03 AM
I played it 2 leagues ago and worked fine, but now i just cant do a T16 map with the league mechanic. Constantly getting oneshotted and feels like i have 0 damage.

I mixed it a bit with MF Gear but it shouldnt feel so bad :(

My icicle mine is lvl 29 and feels like its lvl 5 ...dont understand this game anymore at this point. Also im oneshot dead by literally EVERYTHING ... white roa charging at me = dead. That was not the case last time lol
Last edited by remixzwE on Dec 30, 2023, 4:01:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info