[3.21] Voltaxic Rift Autobomber, Poison Herald of Thunder Pathfinder

"
Hikara wrote:
I reversed the gem setups on gloves and helmet like an idiot. I guess when doing the opposite it should work.

I've switched to Master Surgeon for now, although I don't really understand how it works.

AFK in T16 hypes me but no longer the budget for the moment. ;)

Your life flask regeneration does not stop at full health. So you just tap it every few seconds to keep it up for permanent regen.
kinda struggling to make this build, how do i get tankyness or run more auras than herald of thunder ? i just dont get it > my gear atm: https://pobb.in/duSH3_wAjIEP
what should i try and get / change ? would appreciate tipps im struggling at yellow maps
"
leotar1 wrote:
kinda struggling to make this build, how do i get tankyness or run more auras than herald of thunder ? i just dont get it > my gear atm: https://pobb.in/duSH3_wAjIEP
what should i try and get / change ? would appreciate tipps im struggling at yellow maps

Lone messenger disables all auras, so we need to get defenses in non-traditional ways. First is that pathfinder gets a lot of defense from flasks. I would run a topaz/sapphire/ruby combo to help mitigate elemental damage. A regular topaz is more defense than Vessel. CWDT and lvl 1 crackling lance or shock nova will shock everyone around you. you will have to shock on your own every now and then, but the defense of a regular topaz is worth imo. Taste of hate is Huge for phys damage if you can afford it.

We generate endurance charges through enduring composure small cluster jewel. Cast when damage taken linked with immortal call synergizes really well with this. Keep them at lvl 1 so they proc often. It really helps.

Next we have to look at our curses. You only have 1 max curse, so you will need to path to Whispers of Doom or anoint your amulet with it. The unique gloves are not really doing anything and you have some free sockets. Link curse gems with cwdt, then you can get some rare gloves with life and stats that you can use. I am not a fan of despair in this build. It is more DPS, but I prefer enfeeble for defense.

If you get a helmet with the HoT reservation efficiency enchant, it will let you reserve an aspect. Petrified blood if you get MRE jewels. Like your gloves, this unique helmet does nothing for you. Pick up a cheap rare that is already enchanted and spam a couple of essences until you hit life and good defenses. It will be an easy upgrade.

As you upgrade I would look for spell suppression and chaos resistance. They get more important the further you get into your atlas. Eventually progenisis and bloodnotch make this build very tanky, but can be quite costly.

More info can be found in the gems and gear sections of the guide. Dropping those useless uniques and filling your empty jewel sockets will do wonders. Good Luck!
thanks for the fast reply ! will try to do that appreciate the detailed answer <3 much luck !
Hi,
just switch to bloodnotch/Immuable Force variant.
I don't really understand when and how to use Blood rage.
"
Hikara wrote:
Hi,
just switch to bloodnotch/Immuable Force variant.
I don't really understand when and how to use Blood rage.

Blood rage will provide frenzy charges and a little dps boost while mapping. Tap it at the beginning of the map and it will refresh as you go. It only feels good with a certain level of leech or regen. I would not use it if it is hitting your life too much. It is not very useful against single target either. You can drop it off it does not feel comfortable.
Another question ;)
Do you only use the vaal arctic armour skill ?
I don't have enought life to use normal effect one.

thanks.
"
Hikara wrote:
Another question ;)
Do you only use the vaal arctic armour skill ?
I don't have enought life to use normal effect one.

thanks.

That is correct. Vaal is there to tank things. Don't reserve it if you have an Aspect.
Just wanted to chime in and say I've been playing this and really enjoying it.

- no progenesis
- no immutable force
- no petrified blood
- just got bloodnotch

Overall I would say a very fun build but would recommend CoD Portal (at least, until bloodnotch). That being said I specced heavily into abyss on my atlas tree and sailed pretty smoothly to 90. Currently sitting at 92.3 or so, and feeling like just the bloodnotch might get me to 93 at least

Other misc. comments

- I only 4 linked the bow: storm brand, lightning arrow, overcharge, and GMP. more links would be better, but I think all you really need are these 4
- I ran a life flask instead of taste of hate. i can't say it's better, but it worked for me
- I went with *lightning* large cluster jewels. Prismatic Heart/Paralysis/Widespread destruction (which you don't allocate) made for a very budget entry point at almost the same damage in PoB. A slightly more expensive Prismatic Heart/Overshock/Widespread destruction was used to try and increase shock numbers
- I went with despair/TC instead of enfeeble/TC

Thank you again for the great build guide and related vids!
Glad to hear you are enjoying it! There are a lot of little tricks people are figuring out leveling the build that I never considered as I swapped to this with a 30div budget. It is fun to see.

As far as Bloodnotch, it works best with petrified blood. I would try and fit even a lower level PB if you don't have the strength. That 40% reduction along with bloodnotch recovery does wonders. Use your life flask and maybe even spec into Master Surgeon until you have leech/recovery to where it feels comfortable. Eventually you will want immutable force to make the stuns less noticeable.

-You are correct on the bow links. Other gems are just QOL. Only need a 5 link If you want an easy cull with storm brand.

-A lot of people have been running life flask/master surgeon to level until they get enough sustain. It seems comfortable and a good stepping stone. Personally, I would drop the jade flask instead of taste of hate. The "less cold damage taken" and "phys taken as Cold" mods are very strong on their own, and even more powerful together. It is worth the phys/cold defense to drop some evasion rating imo.

-The lightning clusters seem a good idea on more of a budget. I will have to add that to the guide the next time I update everything.

-Despair is more DPS and a good option. I prefer enfeeble as it just makes you more tanky. 12% less damage taken against rares and uniques really saves you sometimes. I will say that it is not as needed with COD Portal lol.

Thanks for your input here. Every time someone posts, it makes me look at things a different way and consider new possibilities. I'm happy that you have found your own ways to make it work. Good luck on your push to higher levels!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info