[3.21] Voltaxic Rift Autobomber, Poison Herald of Thunder Pathfinder

"
casevil669 wrote:
Hey, I'm looking into switching into this to run some chill maps and was wondering - does VRift roll for added lightning damage matter a lot?

Another question that I wanted to ask whether actually skipping aspect of the crab and using petrified blood + bloodnotch + immutable force wouldn't be a good survivability combo especially considering that I would consider this mainly a mapper? Cheers for the build

That is a very interesting Idea. First thought is that it puts a lot of pressure on our jewel sockets. We need an additional 6% MRE to reserve PB. Right now we have 4 sockets to work with. Could change a couple of nodes and make it 5. Bloodnotch and immutible take up two. From the final 3 sockets, we will need 6% MRE, enough % chance to poison to get us to 100%, and enough flask effect duration to keep 100% uptime.

This could work with enough poison chance on our quiver and well rolled/qualitied flasks. I am definitely going to experiment with how petrified blood feels. Might try it without the jewels and add a stun immune flask. I have never used the bloodnotch + immutable combo, do the stuns cause your player to stutter at all? How much life/stun recovery do you need for it to be effective?
"
That is a very interesting Idea. First thought is that it puts a lot of pressure on our jewel sockets. We need an additional 6% MRE to reserve PB. Right now we have 4 sockets to work with. Could change a couple of nodes and make it 5. Bloodnotch and immutible take up two. From the final 3 sockets, we will need 6% MRE, enough % chance to poison to get us to 100%, and enough flask effect duration to keep 100% uptime.

This could work with enough poison chance on our quiver and well rolled/qualitied flasks. I am definitely going to experiment with how petrified blood feels. Might try it without the jewels and add a stun immune flask. I have never used the bloodnotch + immutable combo, do the stuns cause your player to stutter at all? How much life/stun recovery do you need for it to be effective?

I was thinking of maybe switching boots to bubonic trail to alleviate the reservation pressure but not sure if that kills the build with 2 abyss jewels instead of skill gems on the equipment?

I haven't used the jewel combo myself but from what I gathered stuns aren't really a concern and immutable force basically covers everything on that front, you get a 30ms stutter at most which is nothing really, while being practically hit immune. Recovery amount probably depends on other sources like recoup or life flask, you can probably try to abuse Master Surgeon on top to cover for regen and cheat the petrified blood limitations but I can imagine that's practically a new build, not even sure if it holds together.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198005676976/
Last edited by casevil669 on Apr 21, 2023, 2:50:03 AM
Invested in some MRE as well as bloodnotch/immutable force to give this a try. Dropped some DPS nodes on the tree to make room for another jewel and the ES stun mastery. Poison chance on the quiver and getting higher quality flasks made it easier to drop some jewels. I also socketed Arrogance into my gloves to have Aspect of the crab reserve health. Could also add arctic armor linked with arrogance if you don't have aspect on gear.

First 10 maps and this combo is very powerful. I will probably be keeping it in the build. The downside is that it seems to put more stress on sustain in extended fights. No/Reduced recovery map mods were uncomfortable before, but they are deadly with PB. May have to invest in a high rolled Bloodnotch. I dont want to give up flask effect for master surgeon, so I'll be looking around for even more Regen/Recoup to make it more comfortable.

One thing that I noticed in POB, reserving life with aspect was lowering the EHP. Having less than 50% reserved should have no effect on ehp, but I may be forgetting an interaction in the build. POB below. Enabling Aspect or Arctic Armour messes with the numbers. In game, I felt tankier with aspect enabled, so it may be something off in POB.

https://pobb.in/-lgw_3ohcYBH

Thanks again for this suggestion. Build feels a lot smoother because of it. I will get to updating the guide in the next day or so depending if I run into any other snags.
Last edited by InFrontOfTheMoss on Apr 21, 2023, 7:26:29 AM
Great to hear, I look forward to switching to this version!

I was wondering if there's enough room to get rid of 2 jewels and just get forbidden flesh and flame for master surgeon so that we don't lose the flask effect. This way we resolve regen with a flask and 2 jewels slot which could lead to some alternative mod possibilities on gear?

BTW since we plan on having near instant stun recovery but not be immune you can switch every cast when damage taken setup to cast when stunned - it has no mana multiplier, less cd and no level restrictions so should be strictly an improvement during mapping.
Last edited by casevil669 on Apr 21, 2023, 7:55:08 AM
"
casevil669 wrote:
Great to hear, I look forward to switching to this version!

I was wondering if there's enough room to get rid of 2 jewels and just get forbidden flesh and flame for master surgeon so that we don't lose the flask effect. This way we resolve regen with a flask and 2 jewels slot which could lead to some alternative mod possibilities on gear?

BTW since we plan on having near instant stun recovery but not be immune you can switch every cast when damage taken setup to cast when stunned - it has no mana multiplier, less cd and no level restrictions so should be strictly an improvement during mapping.

I'm loving the ideas, it's always fun to theorycraft. Iv don't think these would work out though. We need 6% MRE from our jewels to fit PB in, along with flask effect and chance to poison. It was already a squeeze. I do not see us having room for two more jewels. MRE anywhere else is not worth the cost. After researching the interaction, I think we just need to invest in a higher rolled bloodnotch. Maybe get more strength for a higher level PB.

As far as the cast when stunned, it doesn't sound that good to me. Our curses are being triggered very quickly with just storm secret damage. We curse just about every pack we run though, and we don't really have mana issues with EB. Higher level Temp chains doesn't affect dps, so the only benefit would be a lvl 20 enfeeble. I worry it would add unnecessary clunk to single target. It could be a good addition if we didn't have storm secret, but the self damage makes cwdt too consistent imo.

Could experiment with other skills on cast when stunned, but it's a whole new build at that point. I'll do some testing later today to be sure of my above thoughts. Thanks again for your input. Open to any other ideas as well.
"
I'm loving the ideas, it's always fun to theorycraft. Iv don't think these would work out though. We need 6% MRE from our jewels to fit PB in, along with flask effect and chance to poison. It was already a squeeze. I do not see us having room for two more jewels. MRE anywhere else is not worth the cost. After researching the interaction, I think we just need to invest in a higher rolled bloodnotch. Maybe get more strength for a higher level PB.

As far as the cast when stunned, it doesn't sound that good to me. Our curses are being triggered very quickly with just storm secret damage. We curse just about every pack we run though, and we don't really have mana issues with EB. Higher level Temp chains doesn't affect dps, so the only benefit would be a lvl 20 enfeeble. I worry it would add unnecessary clunk to single target. It could be a good addition if we didn't have storm secret, but the self damage makes cwdt too consistent imo.

Could experiment with other skills on cast when stunned, but it's a whole new build at that point. I'll do some testing later today to be sure of my above thoughts. Thanks again for your input. Open to any other ideas as well.

Fair enough, I'll switch in few days time probably (need to save up some more currency and get proper rare pieces including the helmet with the enchant) and see what comes out of any tweaks that come to mind. I'll keep you posted on any ideas/interactions I'd find, thanks a lot for posting the build in the first place!

After a quick look at items in POB I would think it's possible to just change the implicit on the gloves instead of leech (which wouldn't be needed if we have Master Surgeon) for an eldritch implicit with chance to poison, unless flask effect on jewels is too much to lose in your opinion. :D Nevertheless I'm looking forward to experimenting myself, long way off though!

Btw are the rolls on the jewel combo enough to feel comfortable after you tried it or should I look to get better rolls? Would appreciate an update on the videos as well if you get a chance!
Last edited by casevil669 on Apr 21, 2023, 1:20:37 PM
The Bloodnotch tech is that you need 58% or higher along with a 21/20 petrified blood for it to be the most effective. At that level, you really dont need the sustain from master surgeon. You can always disengage and regen. The biggest hurdle is that 21/20 PB has a 159 str requirement. I grabbed some new clusters with strength as small passives and got more strength out of the abyss jewel in my belt to get there. The roll on immutable force does not seem to matter.

Looking at the jewels. You could get MRE on a helmet implicit at the cost of DPS. Higher quality flasks and higher flask rolls on the belt would solve flask uptime. At that point I would look at % life and DPS on regular jewels. If you really want to use forbidden flame/flesh, I think that quartz infusion would probably be the best.
"

- anointing your amulet with Whispers of doom ✅
- chaos res and capping spell suppression. CR 15% 🛠️ / SS 100% ✅
- Circle of life will help sustain a lot. ✅
- Aspect of the crab helps a lot 🚩
- useful mod is Phys taken as an element. ✅
- get ailment immunity through ancestral vision and 30% avoid on boots
- get enough Dex/Int to take advantage of the Dendrobate ✅

First of all a big thank you for taking the time to check my character and give me such a complete answer.
I have been able in recent days to work on the various points raised and I die much less often (but still too many).
I tested the Atziri's Promise flask, but I went back to the life flask.

I just finally got some gloves with Aspect of the Crab, but I'm stuck because it takes 150% mana to activate.😱
I don't see where you get so many MREs on your stuff or the talent tree.

Did I miss something?

THANKS.
Any support gems in your gloves will support Aspect and add to its reservation multiplier. Unsocket 2nd wind and you should be good. You dont really need it on the flame dash anyways.

Since you last posted, we have added Bloodnotch, immutable force, and petrified blood into the build. it can be expensive, but It is one of the most tanky combos that I have ever seen in POE. I'll copy the section I added to the guide to explain the tech.

Bloodnotch & Immutable Force - These combined with petrified blood are an extremely strong defensive layer. At high rolls, you can AFK in t16 maps and your character will tank and recover almost any hit. To be the most effective, you will need at least 58% recovery on Bloodnotch, a 21/20 petrified blood, and 40% life recoup. Lower numbers will need to be made up for with life leech/regen. Master Surgeon with a life flask is also an option. See the ascendancy section for more info on that. A higher roll on immutable force feels better, but is not necessary.

You will need some MRE from jewels and some str to equip petrified blood. I ended up getting strength as small passive on some clusters. Finally socket arrogance into your gloves to reserve aspect with your health. That health is gone with petrified blood anyways. If you have not used petrifed blood before, it can feel a little weird. just know that you are tankier even with less health.

I would consider speccing into the Master Surgeon ascendancy node if you feel you need the life flask. Ascendancy nodes cost 5 or 10 regrets, I cant remember. You can drop natures boon. This will give you a lot more sustain on your life flask. Once you have high health regen or a high rolled bloodnotch, you can go back to natures boon.

Final note, you can use eldrich ichors/embers on your boots and helmet to add implicits. Even the lessers will give you some dps or movespeed once you hit the right mods. Good Luck!
Last edited by InFrontOfTheMoss on Apr 25, 2023, 3:36:13 PM
I reversed the gem setups on gloves and helmet like an idiot. I guess when doing the opposite it should work.

I've switched to Master Surgeon for now, although I don't really understand how it works.

AFK in T16 hypes me but no longer the budget for the moment. ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info