[3.21] Voltaxic Rift Autobomber, Poison Herald of Thunder Pathfinder

"
Hikara wrote:
Thanks for the update !

Is the "Aspect of The Crab" effective as a defense?
I can't find gloves with crab + chaos leech.

I find that I still die a lot instantly, even on small red maps.
If you have the courage to look at my character -> Xunga_HoT
I'm only 90 and the next 3 talent points will go for "Circle of Life"

First step is getting 3 golden oils and anointing your amulet with Whispers of doom at cassia. You only have 1 max curse right now. This anoint will help enfeeble keep you alive. This is fairly expensive, so you might want to upgrade to a +1 amulet with attributes before you spend the oils.

Defensive priorities going into red maps are chaos res and capping spell suppression. Having positive chaos res is more important the higher tier maps you go. Eventually you want to cap it at 75%. Pick it up on any item you can. As far as suppression, you will need it on your gloves and helmet to get it capped. Take the spell suppression lucky mastery on the tree until you have 100%.

Circle of life will help sustain a lot. I would even respec points away from a cluster for it right now. That will give you enough recoup to drop the life flask and add a topaz flask. A topaz flask will mean less damage taken from our rings as well. Be sure to get one with benchcrafted reduced mana cost to make sure curses keep casting.

If you are still dying instantly, it is most likely due to physical damage. Phys is more complicated to mitigate. Aspect of the crab helps a lot with enough evasion to stack charges. Another useful mod is Phys taken as an element. A helmet can get it as a regular or benchcrafted mod, and also as an implicit.

As far as getting these items, Aspects can be beastcrafted to any glove/amulet with an open suffix. Every implicit ive mentioned can be added to your gear with eldrich embers/ichors. Use them on the gear you already have if you want. I would look up beastcrafting aspects and eldrich implicits for more info on these methods, but it is far easier than finding a perfect item on trade.

Last but not least would be to get ailment immunity through ancestral vision and 30% avoid on boots. You already have 20% on the tree to make 100%.

When upgrading gear, get enough Dex/Int to take advantage of the Dendrobate mods for huge DPS increase. All of this is a lot to balance, but that is what makes the game fun imo. Good Luck!
Last edited by InFrontOfTheMoss on Apr 14, 2023, 6:44:36 AM
i really want to play this build, i dont farm ubers nor deli. would it be fine farming essences / mapping in general? id like to push it far as possible.
"
tommyb0i1 wrote:
i really want to play this build, i dont farm ubers nor deli. would it be fine farming essences / mapping in general? id like to push it far as possible.

Added a showcase to the guide showing mapping at level 98 with a Progenisis and a Voltaxic with a decent tree. Pretty smooth.

Also added a section on crucible passives that I have been looking for on the tree.
Saw the build and thought it looked fine to try. However, I'm doing pretty poorly. I switched to it a bit too early so now I'm kind of stuck farming the rest of what I need. I seem to be a bit too squishy in some scenarios even though I'm res and suppression capped.

Missing clusters so I'm working on those. The +1 amulet with whisper of doom is a bit too pricey for me.

Any thoughts?
https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/KenWin0x539/Bellatona
"
KenWin0x539 wrote:
Saw the build and thought it looked fine to try. However, I'm doing pretty poorly. I switched to it a bit too early so now I'm kind of stuck farming the rest of what I need. I seem to be a bit too squishy in some scenarios even though I'm res and suppression capped.

Missing clusters so I'm working on those. The +1 amulet with whisper of doom is a bit too pricey for me.

Any thoughts?
https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/KenWin0x539/Bellatona

First thing would be a non-conditional suppress cap. We are hardly ever at full life due to Storm Secret. I would use one point to take the 5% node on the way to Entrench to put us over the top.

Next, Pathfinder is all about the flasks. Pick up a high phys taken as Taste of Hate. It feels amazing. Then I would look for a flask with benchcrafted life regen. If you have the craft from Catarina/Cinderswallow, you can make one yourself. Once you have that, you can replace your life flask with a jade flask to get your evasion up to around 15k. Or just get a jade flask with crafted regen. High duration or charge recovery is the preferred prefix.

Note that Herald of Thunder is not a spell or attack. Its just a chaos hit. The only place we can really get leech is from chaos damage on our gloves. So you can reroll your quicksilver to CB/bleed immunity when you drop your life flask. Eventually you will want enough resists from your gear to drop the all ele suffix on your topaz flask and replace it with crafted mana cost. This will ensure your curses have 100% uptime. Note that you are going to want better life rolls as you gear up.

As far as DPS, work on getting 100% chance for your herald to poison. You are at 80% right now. Jewels or influenced quiver are the best way to do this. There are also a couple of chance to poison nodes around the tree. Final thought is that we scale a lot of damage from our medium herald clusters. They are a lot cheaper than the chaos large clusters. You could try slotting them in the tree for a pretty solid DPS increase for not much cost.
Last edited by InFrontOfTheMoss on Apr 18, 2023, 6:08:50 PM
Appreciate the response! Bumping poison chance and the taste of hate definitely feels a bit comfier. Will work on the rest.

Super fun build to zoom with!
Very fun build to zoom with, if you are struggling to get leech try using an atziris promsie flask. Helped me massively when i was starting, and the small cluster with the endurance charge on hit and then CWDT with Immortal Call has helepd me phys dmg wise immensely!

Zooming along happily now, and still not fully built feels great though
"
Frecks wrote:
Very fun build to zoom with, if you are struggling to get leech try using an atziris promsie flask. Helped me massively when i was starting, and the small cluster with the endurance charge on hit and then CWDT with Immortal Call has helepd me phys dmg wise immensely!

Zooming along happily now, and still not fully built feels great though

That is a good idea for sustain earlier. I switched to this build after I already had gloves with leech, so I'm glad someone came up with a cheaper solution. Atziri has been added to the flask section of the guide.

Glad you are having fun with the build. It can be pretty satisfying once it gets going.
Made a few changes to the tree today and added in blood rage for frenzy generation. Not needed, but feels alright if you have the regen to cover it.

On the tree I dropped the mana wheel for Eldrich Battery. Last league, I had Original Sin and only 1 storm secret. The ES recovery from ghost dance was enough to cover our life pool. This league we are using two storm secrets, and cannot get enough ES for this to be effective.

Took me a while, but I finally realized that the extra ES can be used for EB. We can now drop the mana cost flask for a different suffix as well as save 1 point on the tree.
Last edited by InFrontOfTheMoss on Apr 20, 2023, 8:24:29 PM
Hey, I'm looking into switching into this to run some chill maps and was wondering - does VRift roll for added lightning damage matter a lot?

Another question that I wanted to ask whether actually skipping aspect of the crab and using petrified blood + bloodnotch + immutable force wouldn't be a good survivability combo especially considering that I would consider this mainly a mapper? Cheers for the build
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198005676976/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info