[Bricked] Odif's Build Guides for Newbies: Skeleton Mage Necro

"
AlwaysSlxxpy wrote:
Hello, I am a newbie to this game. I have been playing this game for the first time since 3.21 and have played up to 90 lvls with the help of this build guide. Thanks for a great beginner friendly build.
My question is, is this build suitable for expedition?
Sorry if it is poor English as I am using a translation.

Your english is fine.

Yes, Skeleton Mages are great for expedition.

P.S.
Glad to hear the build worked for you.
You are exactly the kind of person this guide is meant for.

Last edited by Odif on Apr 25, 2023, 3:37:32 PM
i cant quite figure out how to gather enough mana with all of these auras active

zealotary-50%
determination-50%
tempest shield-25%

i have the passives skills used where you get mana reserve efficiency.
I dont have enough mana to cast summon skelly
"
muffc wrote:
i cant quite figure out how to gather enough mana with all of these auras active

zealotary-50%
determination-50%
tempest shield-25%

i have the passives skills used where you get mana reserve efficiency.
I dont have enough mana to cast summon skelly

Get rid of precision.
Skel mages use spells, and dont need accuracy.
This will increase your unreserved mana from 103 to 126.
Skels cost 57 mana, thus you will be able to cast twice, with 126 mana.

As you gain levels, you will gain more base mana, that will help.
Getting some max mana and/or mana regen on gear can help if you are really struggling.

I note you dont have one of the 5% life/8% mana nodes right above the start. that helps a lot.
My recommended tree also has Deep Wisdom (right next to that) which gives 20 base mana and 20 int, both of which will increase your mana pool.

P.S.
you are not following guide, on what your passive tree should look like.

P.P.S.
As soon as you can afford it, get Anomalous Faster Projectiles, and get rid of Greater Multiple Projectiels.

P.P.P.S
I realized something else...you are missing a lot of block nodes i have on my recommended passive tree.
Because of Mystic Bulwark notable, more spell block means more mana regen.
Spec out of all that stuff you use to get Death Attunement, and use the points for spell block in the safeguard cluster.
Last edited by Odif on Apr 25, 2023, 11:46:00 PM
I am still rocking this build and trying to push as much out of it as I can :) do you have any recommendations for me gear-wise? I am considering buying a Skin of the Lords, but the +2 dur tabula is also doing fine
"
Ovenschotel wrote:
I am still rocking this build and trying to push as much out of it as I can :) do you have any recommendations for me gear-wise? I am considering buying a Skin of the Lords, but the +2 dur tabula is also doing fine

Looking at your toon, you already have nearly perfect gear.
Perhaps awakened Spell Echo.

Anything other than awakened gems....the cost/benefit is getting absurd at your gear level.

This build does not scale as far as Poison SRS or some other minion builds...it just starts easier, and gets good easier.
I think i've mostly build done, i think i miss something but have all res +75% and making tons of dmg. Killed shaper, need to try sirus and other uber bosses.
"
Odif wrote:
"
Ovenschotel wrote:

Looking at your toon, you already have nearly perfect gear.
Perhaps awakened Spell Echo.

Anything other than awakened gems....the cost/benefit is getting absurd at your gear level.

This build does not scale as far as Poison SRS or some other minion builds...it just starts easier, and gets good easier.

Alright thank you! Maybe I will farm some more currency and look for a next build.
Hello! Quick question. You mention that the Carnage Chieftains are good spectres, but that these aren't the best ones we can get.

What are exactly the best ones we can get?

Thanks!
Last edited by DavGlen on Apr 28, 2023, 1:26:53 AM
Any suggestions for crucible passives to chase for?
What type of jewels should I be using, besides Dead Reckoning?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info