[Bricked] Odif's Build Guides for Newbies: Skeleton Mage Necro

"
IJ2Kl wrote:
Heyo, I'm kinda new to PoE still, learning from friends. I see you don't have any cluster jewels at all, compared to all the builds I've seen, they go crazy for them. Am I missing something from the POB?

It is a deliberate choice on my part.
I do a lot of choices to make things easier for a new player.
The accomplishment of my build guides is that they make a fully viable build with only the most basic tools.
NVM.
Last edited by WanAhLun on Oct 26, 2023, 4:18:50 AM
Hi Odif,

I found https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Matua_Tupuna and put my golem and skiterbots in while I'm working to collect the stuff I need to transition to skel mages (which takes a long time when you don't get the final lab trial EVER ;_;)

Anyway, what are your thoughts on this shield used with this build?
Looking to go full on Necromancer with my next build may give this one a go.
Ran this up to 50 (so far) in the latest temporary league, thinking about trying it out in 3.23. It was a very slow start with freezing pulse and SRS, so I'm going to need to find a quicker way through Act 1. Ended up grabbing Absolution which helped quite a bit. Once I got my Chieftain phantasms and Commander of Darkness up, this build really started cooking through the campaign. Thanks for the build guide!
made a leveling pob
slightly different from the post cuz my routing is different but eh
https://pobb.in/2ESL8ZqY9DD_
Last edited by PandaTheMan on Nov 27, 2023, 1:16:35 AM
GGG:
*The Dead Reckoning Unique Jewel no longer has "Minions have +7-10% to all Elemental Resistances" or "With at least 40 Intelligence in Radius, Summon Skeletons can Summon up to 15 Skeleton Mages." It now causes Skeletons to gain Added Chaos Damage equal to 20-30% of Maximum Energy Shield on your Equipped Shield. This change only affects new versions of this item.

*The vendor recipes for Dead Reckoning, Spirit Guards and Endless Misery have also been removed.

Skeleton mages probably turned into a new gem, we'll wait and see.
Last edited by zaferongun on Dec 1, 2023, 11:28:03 AM
My build is now bricked.
Why?
Most of the damage of this build is from Vaal Summon Skeleton.
But...in 3.23 The vaal version of the build will not summon extra mages.

So we lose over half the damage.

If....IF I decide to make a new skel mage build guide, it wont have Vaal Summon Skeleton, will be crit based and will involve resummonging your mages ever 4 seconds.
I'm sorry 3.23 bricked it but I'm happy I got to try it out last league and it helped me a lot. Take your time with the next build.
I'm sorry about the bricking of your build.

This guide is extremely useful for a noob like me, I've been using all the gems and tactics to level up my summoner anyway because other guides aren't nearly as complete as this on act by act what gems to buy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info