[Bricked] Odif's Build Guides for Newbies: Skeleton Mage Necro

"
ac8472 wrote:
What atlas skills tree build would you recommend for this?

#1 rule: Specialize in content you like.
If you like abyss, do abyss, etc.

That being said, Skel Mages are best at content that stays in place: Breach, Blight, Delve, Ritual, etc.
I would like to thank you for your build it carries me till t 16 maps got 2 voidstone and keep rolling here and I would like to farm more currency since you said
"
Odif wrote:
"
ac8472 wrote:
What atlas skills tree build would you recommend for this?

#1 rule: Specialize in content you like.
If you like abyss, do abyss, etc.

That being said, Skel Mages are best at content that stays in place: Breach, Blight, Delve, Ritual, etc.

Which one of them is more profitable?
Legion or Blight, which ever you enjoy more.
"
Zidaka wrote:
I would like to thank you for your build it carries me till t 16 maps got 2 voidstone and keep rolling here ...

I am glad it worked out for you.
This is exactly what the build is supposed to do, get you to farming t16, easily and smoothly.
Hey Odif,

What are your thoughts on using anomalous faster projectiles to give mages a 60% chance for projectiles to return to them? Seems like an easy 1.6 times dmg buff.
"
theherbalist wrote:
Hey Odif,

What are your thoughts on using anomalous faster projectiles to give mages a 60% chance for projectiles to return to them? Seems like an easy 1.6 times dmg buff.

Remember, Faster projectiles has NO more damage multiplier, so....

I think its one of those things that helps the PoB get more damage, but in most situations would not actually.

The projectile has to pierce the target, then fly on to its max distance, then return TOWARDS YOU, and hope the monster is still in the way.

Now, on bosses, with Snipers Mark on it, and all the multiple projectiles leaving the boss, it ups the chance that a proj will actually hit the boss on return, it could be a good thing.

I don't know.

In any case, I dont like to put alternative quality gems in my newbie build guides.
(Its all about making it simple for the newbies)

I encourage you to test it out, and report back :)
Greetings, could someone here help me out a bit? I'm planning on using this build to start playing in a Crucible SC league with my friend. But it creates a problem in that I'm not even close to knowing what to recommend to my friend. Which build should he use or which class to take so we can help each other and have some synergy in our builds.

We plan to play together most of the time. Although I've played Path of Exile before (at least four or five years ago), my friend is not at all familiar with the game, but is familiar with the ARPG genre, mainly Diablo. Therefore, he understands some basics, but does not understand the game at all. I have asked the knowledgeable people on the official Discord server, but could not get any clear answer.

Here are a few points on what I was already advised:
- auras that grant bonus damage
- no Chaos Damage
- no Explosive Arrow
- no Essence Drain and Contagion
"
vipson wrote:
Greetings, could someone here help me out a bit? I'm planning on using this build to start playing in a Crucible SC league with my friend. But it creates a problem in that I'm not even close to knowing what to recommend to my friend. Which build should he use or which class to take so we can help each other and have some synergy in our builds.

We plan to play together most of the time. Although I've played Path of Exile before (at least four or five years ago), my friend is not at all familiar with the game, but is familiar with the ARPG genre, mainly Diablo. Therefore, he understands some basics, but does not understand the game at all. I have asked the knowledgeable people on the official Discord server, but could not get any clear answer.

- no Chaos Damage
- no Explosive Arrow

Can´t say a specific build.. but a tips, make sure your both build are equaly fast. It´s pain to run around with someone you are much faster than you, and have killed everything before you get there.

I would probablty advise for another minion build.. then you can also help each other with gear and so.
The ultimate noob build is probably RF jugg, just because it's unkillable and very easy to mechanically play.

That said, starting your friend off with srs would also work well for the same reason the other guy mentioned.
"
vipson wrote:

- no Chaos Damage
- no Explosive Arrow

The only thing that prevents build compatability is CURSES.

If the 2 builds need different curses, the curses will over write each other.

So, since my build uses Snipers Mark and Elemental Weakness, it would be best if the second builds was Elemental Projectile build, to take advantage of the curse synergy.

There are lots.
Spark
Freezing Pulse Totems
Elemental Bow builds.
And many more.

P.S.
There is an additional advantage if the other person uses a spell of some sort, as it would benefit from the generosity boosted Zealotry aura that the skel mage build uses.
Last edited by Odif on Apr 5, 2023, 7:32:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info