Streamer Interview - Palsteron

nice
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
My favourite streamer :)
Toxic streamer. Ban happy and very selfish.
Palsteron is one of my favorites :) great cover
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
Can you guys please add a mute button for charges dropping so i can finally play the game with sounds? It's ridiculous how long it's taking.

Thanks.
I love Palsteron's builds. After many leagues of trying various people's builds and getting baited into many things I then stumbled upon Palsteron's Arakaali build and it instantly became my favorite. It's my long term standard project now that I keep dumping money into (see character WatchOutForSpiders, but keep in mind I shuffle my mageblood between characters lol). Ever since then I make sure to play at least one of his builds per league and they never disappoint!
*Never forgetting how good this game looked at 32:9 instead of 1/3 of my screen being black bars.*
"
What's one thing every Path of Exile player should hear?

You don’t need fancy items or a lot of currency to have fun. Not everyone has time to farm a Mageblood, and that is ok. Adjust your goals to the time you have at your disposal, instead of comparing yourself to streamers who do this for a living and maybe even have traders or guild support. Most players I know that get to those items quickly burn out in a week or two, I’d know because I was exactly the same way before becoming a content creator.

Adjust your gaming experience to be fun WHILE chasing those items and find fun in the small things or you’ll be disappointed afterwards.

Finally, a streamer/content creator who isn't afraid to say what every other streamer/content creator hasn't been afraid to say.

Spoiler
"
Do you have any advice for people who are looking to make their own career out of streaming?

Don’t go into this without savings. This is a marathon and it will take time to “pop off”. It won’t be rewarding monetarily anytime soon, so you need to have savings to keep you afloat while trying to find your muse. Being desperate for money will also lead to you taking bad short-term sponsorships that will hurt you in the long-term or destroy the relationship with your viewers.

Also, if you’re somebody who needs outside validation, expect to get absolutely destroyed in the short-term. You need confidence in what you do and that can only come from playing this game for a long time already.

Path of Exile is not a momentum-driven “hype” game, it’s about forging long term relationships with other creators and your viewers. Path of Exile has one of the best gaming communities, but they’ll spit you right out if you just try to go for bullshit or “quick money”.

This is, however, actually interesting and useful. Anyone with a third of a functioning brain should know that ANY self-made business is a marathon, but it's nice to see a streamer, those famous self-made clout-chasing get-rich-quick fantasy rolemodels, lay it all out.

To make money, you need money. And once you have money, it's MUCH easier to make more. Fuckmethat'sastounding.

What he doesn't mention is that 'finding your muse' isn't a guaranteed part of the process and if you find out you don't have the right one for the job, you're fucked so hard. I'd argue you should probably figure out if you have a compatible muse for streaming before committing much in the way of anything. And yes, 'fake it til you make it' is something a muse will tell you, but not everyone can obey. In fact, not many at all.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Dec 29, 2022, 9:30:09 PM
It's really nice to see up and coming streamers get the recognition they deserve.
Cool!
Upvote the Pal! :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info