[3.20] SideFX Crit Impending Doom!- This build is kinda nutty

I might be missing something obvious but I'm running into an issue. I finished 2nd lab, allocated Unholy Authority and now I do almost 0 damage. I changed nothing else and I have no clue why this is happening. If I un-allocate Holy Authority, my damage goes back to no normal. If anyone has some advice, I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Edit: Never mind, figured out the issue. Because I was trying to surpass curse limit, it would proc them immediately and do damage. I'm assuming once I am able to use alt quality impending doom it should fix the issue above.
Last edited by Sjoodjur on Feb 25, 2023, 4:22:14 AM
"
Sjoodjur wrote:
I might be missing something obvious but I'm running into an issue. I finished 2nd lab, allocated Unholy Authority and now I do almost 0 damage. I changed nothing else and I have no clue why this is happening. If I un-allocate Holy Authority, my damage goes back to no normal. If anyone has some advice, I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Edit: Never mind, figured out the issue. Because I was trying to surpass curse limit, it would proc them immediately and do damage. I'm assuming once I am able to use alt quality impending doom it should fix the issue above.

Yes! haha This is one of the most asked questions I get on this build lol.
Is it important to have more than 20% on the Alt quality doom? Or is 20+30 from the body enough?
hello
I am currently lvl46 and I progress quite slowly especially against rare or unique monsters which are very resistant.

what stats are prioritized while leveling?
do you have an example of weapon and shield to look for to go up to level 68?
ty
you said you leveled with this build, but how?
curse duration is more than 8 sec and that is really long time to proc impending doom, am i missing something?
you dont need to wait the end of the curse :-)
just recast a 2nd time and the first cast of the curse will end automatically
and the monsters died (except the rares/uniq for me :-/ which are quite slow )

but i dont know if it's the playstyle expected of the build.. maybe i missed something too ^^
Last edited by king_deus on Feb 26, 2023, 8:41:31 AM
It doesn't work like that for me, when i cast a second time it just refreshes the duration and nothing happens
it's happened to me too after the 2nd lab with 'unholy authority' that give one additional curse.
after respect 'whisper of doom' it come back to "normal"

maybe with too many "apply an additional curse" somethng goes wrong :-/
but i dont understand why 'whisper of doom' is allocated in the pob..
Last edited by king_deus on Feb 26, 2023, 12:44:19 PM
My progress when I switched to Dialla chest and Vixens felt slow as well. But I persevered and it is blasting now at low 60s in Act 8. Build feels like it profits from power charges a lot so I put some +1 to maximum power charges gear on. I still use Storm Prison wand and Aylardex amulet from my unique stash tab. :-) Crit for spells nodes from 51-77 tree helped, power charges nodes from same tree as well - have max. 7 power charges now. Cluster jewel is massive boost to damage of course.
Very nice build. I have a lot of fun with them.

THX!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info