What's A good Minion build?

I don't like animate weapons or spiders, i just like permanent minions.

ps, is flame golem any good?
Last bumped on Dec 8, 2022, 1:48:28 AM
"

Worthless.

If you like Permanent minions, the best one is Carrion Golems and Zombie hybrids. Only one that has survived the constant nerfs.

It's not a strong build though. Require ridiculous investments to feel decent. And even then, it has alot of problems.
Not really...Maybe skellies but it got nerfed. And skelly mage jewel probably is gone or harder to find.

Haven't tried reaper..but it's a good bossing minion. Not for clearing so ya gotta figure that out - some people use something temporary to go with reaper like phantasm support or Soulwrest.

Then there's HoAG, I heard it's still good.

In addendum to carrion golem above - stone golem crit spamming slam attack build works too..just clunky because of roll attack. If ya play elementalist, stone golem give massive hp regen to ya. Can use just 1 chaos golem just for huge dmg reduction.

For temporary minions, you didn't mention SRS so maybe try that...or Absolution or chains of command with AG(better than animate weapons and voidforge got buffed in 3.20..but maybe rarer though but wasp nest occultist works too)
Last edited by moedexter on Dec 2, 2022, 4:18:58 AM
flame golems aren't worthless but hard to get going initially, poison golems with stone or carrion is pretty good. Spectres are fine if you invest and use one of the GGG Approved ones and reaper is really strong right now.

That's about it I think for permanent minions, if you class chains of command then AG with AW is still very good too.
You can play Spectre's.
Slave Drivers are available from Act 5, but you might want to spec into minion survivability on the tree before you get them as they will likely die quite a bit before getting gem levels.

There will be some showcases of spectre's on youtube if you google them.
Crab ones from I think the Harvest mechanic.
Auto Frost Sentries from Heist.

They should do until we find out where to farm the golem jewels from.
I'm guessing they will drop the Grotto map boss, which is a golem.

"
moedexter wrote:
Not really...Maybe skellies but it got nerfed. And skelly mage jewel probably is gone or harder to find.

Haven't tried reaper..but it's a good bossing minion. Not for clearing so ya gotta figure that out - some people use something temporary to go with reaper like phantasm support or Soulwrest.

Then there's HoAG, I heard it's still good.

In addendum to carrion golem above - stone golem crit spamming slam attack build works too..just clunky because of roll attack. If ya play elementalist, stone golem give massive hp regen to ya. Can use just 1 chaos golem just for huge dmg reduction.

For temporary minions, you didn't mention SRS so maybe try that...or Absolution or chains of command with AG(better than animate weapons and voidforge got buffed in 3.20..but maybe rarer though but wasp nest occultist works too)

I hate temp minions, so tedious for me.
I thought that Spectres are not so good anymore, i thought they were nerfed to the next century lol.
"
Deadandlivin wrote:
"

Worthless.

If you like Permanent minions, the best one is Carrion Golems and Zombie hybrids. Only one that has survived the constant nerfs.

It's not a strong build though. Require ridiculous investments to feel decent. And even then, it has alot of problems.

Yeah but zombie and carrion is getting damn old.
For permanence, slap on a Primordial Chain amulet and go Stone golems. They respawn automatically if they die (which they rarely do), are great for bossing, and clear decently enough.

They'll be especially good for avoiding Resolve depletion in Sanctum, because you'll never have to think about stopping to replace dying minions; the golems take care of themselves, you take care of yourself.
Summon Reaper looks like an amazing minion build. I want to 100% try it.
"Bonus points if it is Scion/Witch because they have nice knees. Ranger has ugly knees and other characters are men so playing them would be homoerotic." - CAKE, 10/20/21

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info