What's A good Minion build?

[My quote got lost for some reason. I'm responding to an earlier comment about stone golems and primordial chain]

Yeah that's great until you want to do basically anything more challenging than a basic red map boss. Golems are a struggle now for sure.
Last edited by Badhands on Dec 2, 2022, 6:26:45 PM
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
"
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
There is one actually good minion build right now, but I am not gonna share it (just to avoid jinxing it)

You can try SRS, Animate Weapons, Golems (with buffed Clayshapers) or Animate Guardian (with Ephemeral Edge). They are playable, but not good.

Skeleton archers?

You mean is the one build I am talking about? No.

Ahhh mind whispering it to me?
"
Badhands wrote:
[My quote got lost for some reason. I'm responding to an earlier comment about stone golems and primordial chain]

Yeah that's great until you want to do basically anything more challenging than a basic red map boss. Golems are a struggle now for sure.

What makes them so bad?
Last edited by OrlocTheEternal on Dec 2, 2022, 8:28:00 PM
"
"
Badhands wrote:

What makes them so bad?

I think it's the amulet that is bad. It's absolutely unnecessary.
"

Ahhh mind whispering it to me?

Alright.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Dec 2, 2022, 10:07:41 PM
Minions took a beating this league and no mention of next makes me wonder...

For permanent minions...

Reaper, interesting but a bad minion, saps all your other minions and kills other minions, NO animated guardian allowed unless you want it to be eaten, can do good damage and can clear with pride jewel explosions and boss but...

Golems, both the best bad worst depending on the golem, best ones are a choice of rock golems for survival and carrions to kill everything, no restriction so you can use other minions without issue.

Animate guardian, I am sure some mad man is using that as his primary dps minion unironically, and it could, but it's more the general of your army than the damage dealer, chains of command make him more interesting if risky.

Zombies, alone they are mediocre but they can become good with a baron and strength stacking, lives upto it's name as a meat shield.

Spectres, the most interesting minion, it keeps getting nerfed though, from the best minion in all roles to almost just a cheerleader with monkeys or harpies.

Skeletons with alberon's warpath, a joke item with a joke minion, can't tank damage, cant do damage... a true why did you even bother change.

Skitterbots, good, adds an aura effect AND can be affected by infernal legion, free super fast immortal minions that can't attack but do burn everyone near them, occultist can make them an actual clear minion.

Holy relic, suprisingly good for a melee summoner, it holy nova's when you attack and you can have two of them, the nova does a lot of damage and buffs other minions and you, very good with dominating blow.

Never used the fostering or varuna's unique minions, they sound bad outside of the arbalest applying debuffs.
Might just go back to golems if they aren't too expensive this league due to jewel changes.
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
flame golems aren't worthless but hard to get going initially, poison golems with stone or carrion is pretty good. Spectres are fine if you invest and use one of the GGG Approved ones and reaper is really strong right now.

That's about it I think for permanent minions, if you class chains of command then AG with AW is still very good too.

I remember when Ghazzy tried to Theorycraft a Flame Golem build using literally perfect gear in PoB worth ~10 mirrors. It got up to around ~10 million dps in full single target setup.

Flame Golems scale incredibly poorly, like.. embarassingly bad. Here's an example of Wolfio trying to make a budget Flame Golem build and it looks pretty painful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2mXXY1TJRQ&ab_channel=Woolfio

there is a good minion build?
Ehh sorry I don't really operate on second hand information when it comes to builds, I can believe they are shit i'm not saying that but i'll post back when I've personally played it this league if i get opportunity.

All I know is in Kalandra they slapped for the cost and were definitely better than zombies/skellies/most spectres etc so if OP wanted to mimic that style they are comparable to the other golems until you get into the levels of investment I never bother with.

You can't really just state that they are worthless unless you've set unrealistic build expectations and if OP matches those requirements they need to add more context to their request, like whats a good minion build for ubers etc. For the general game up to Ubers flame golems are decent I partied with a golemancer most of kalandra.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info