3.20 Balance Manifesto: Eldritch Altars

"
Eldritch Altars are currently too rewarding, so much so that they create a disincentive for any out-of-map gameplay unless it is comparably rewarding. We've lightly nerfed their total rewards and updated them in various other ways that we'll outline below.

How about buffing the out-of-map league mechanic rewards instead so that players have a choice between several rewarding mechanics?
Sounds nice overall, but will have to see the weighting of the mods. They didn't list Scrolls of Wisdom in the excluded list, so I'm guessing 60% that and the other 40% is the rest of the mods.
my only problem with this is your honestly just "adjusting sliders"
the one part of loot your missing is GEAR. it feels as thought when you guy address "loot" you address "currency" and maybe 1 or 2 other things. Gear items need to be more interesting as well. other wise my insintive is to keep skipping rare's on the ground and choose currency so i can just buy it or craft it. maybe "adjust sliders" on gear weights?
but i'm sure if you did that then you'd have to adjust other things but yeah...
awakened gem league confirmed
This is good stuff. Trash mobs should not be as rewarding as bosses, ever, at any level of investment. Altar nerfs and Maven boss buffs are both appreciated.

Other suggestions for improvement: 1) Make map bosses unreachable until a certain percentage of the map is clear (maybe 80% or so of monsters killed). 2) Make SE and EoW influences require some variation in what map is being run, maybe not as much as Maven since 28 different maps would be excessive, but something in that direction.

tl;dr: It shouldn't be possible to bossrush Mesa 28 times and get a SE/EoW Invitation.
Rusted Scarabs in the core drop pool is an excellent change, and I feel like having it leagues ago would have been good for the game. Glad that it's in there now.

Worried that this manifesto is going to be the MO from now on: 'adjusted' rewards, 'slight nerfs', 'bring into line' - the last couple leagues and all the changes both then and now seem to be reducing the amount of loot dropping bit by bit.

Is this a) objectively true or false, and b) intended if true?
Rusted Scarabs in the core drop pool is an excellent change, and I feel like having it leagues ago would have been good for the game. Glad that it's in there now.

Worried that this manifesto is going to be the MO from now on: 'adjusted' rewards, 'slight nerfs', 'bring into line' - the last couple leagues and all the changes both then and now seem to be reducing the amount of loot dropping bit by bit.

Is this a) objectively true or false, and b) intended if true?
Sounds good to me. I pretty much ignored altars in corrupted t16s because they were too rippy and little reward, but I'll probably give them a shot this league.

Absolutely love the 3:1 scarab recipe. Really helps with challenges at the end of the league!
"
Elasmo wrote:
This is good stuff.

tl;dr: It shouldn't be possible to bossrush Mesa 28 times and get a SE/EoW Invitation.

Yes it should. Do not sugest this please. I enjoy running this strategy but haven't used Mesa
"We've also updated the Wrath of the Cosmos keystone to be a bit less brutal and a bit less rewarding."
wtf
no you didn't update it to be a bit less brutal
you removed it from the game entirely

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info