3.20 Balance Manifesto: Eldritch Altars

thank you
"
CyberYeti wrote:
Sounds good to me. I pretty much ignored altars in corrupted t16s because they were too rippy and little reward, but I'll probably give them a shot this league.

Absolutely love the 3:1 scarab recipe. Really helps with challenges at the end of the league!

And it's because of players like this, that they can nerf something to the ground and they still think it's amazing, since they clearly have no clue how good things are to begin with. Another lost league.
Cool another nerf..
At this point i dont know what has to happen so the white knights stop praising GGG for obvious nerfs and probable 4th fail league in a row...

Im done with the forum all hope is lost...

Extreme level of gyftiness?????

Are you fucking kidding me?

I got like 2 divine drops till lvl 96....

At this point im pretty sure GGG are mocking us hard.

Whats next white knights ?? You will praise the team for farting in ur mouths??
Last edited by Ivanovv83 on Nov 21, 2022, 8:26:59 PM
"- To give you a specific example, if you run maps influenced by the Eater of Worlds, you'll see Divine Orbs from the 'Basic Currency Reward' more than twice as often as before. "

Oh so, you boost the divine drop and then next league you will nerf divines on altars because were too rewarding.

For the rest I like the design that the altars are turning.
But I'm still intrigued if the altars will continue be able to brick the map or remain useless %
more grinding and nerf, where is the fun and the drop loot.
GGG 2 years ago: We want players to have more chase items, so we introduce awakened gems.
GGG 1 year ago: Maybe we can add awakened gems to Maven too.
GGG now: Ahh, whatever. All map bosses can drop gems now. Who cares.
Nice words to wrap this nerf, which should also impact craft since the elder currency price will probably go up since rate is going down

I want to say "wtf ggg", but I'll at least wait for the patch notes.
"
Esubane wrote:
Rusted scarabs being in core drop pool AND a vendor recipe to upgrade them is a huge qol change. Yes GGG, scarabs shouldn't be scarce. Map juice overall should be much more accessible and cheaper. We need a good source of sextants because that was quite expensive in this league. Core drop (at low rate) and Tujen isn't enough.

I was farming maps with both keystones allocated but that came late in the league, when my character was strong enough to tackle this challenge. Dying here or there isn't a problem, but with both of those on already a difficult T16 map could easily run you into instant one-shot scenarios which would quickly deplete your portals. Balance between destroying stuff and being 1HKO'd is very thin in this game.

But I have one concern there - what about Eldrith Ichor currency?
Nothing about it in the manifesto and those nerfs will severely limit access to it. It is already very annoying to get exarch / eater implicits, ESPECIALLY if you want them at tier 2 or tier 1 (only accessible thorugh Orb of Conflict). I spent about 10 divines on eldrith currency to get my gloves with strike +2 targets - this is understandable, as this is a strong modifier. But I don't want this to become 100 divines.

You're reducing the number of influ packs AND taking away Wrath of the Cosmos currency generation entirely - please offset this somehow! Grand tier currency should be accessible and cheap.

This feedback is important.
Id like to know how GGG expects us to be "Intuit, an American Business Software" to how many packs are going to be in a given map; considering this game is the absolute opposite of intuitive.
Aside from scarab upgrade all i see here is cutting down the most rewarding game style instead of boosting fun in other areas. I am really sad, but at the same time i kinda knew that altars that kept me playing up till this late in the league and GGG won't stand for that. They see what players tend to do and nerf it. ALWAYS. Because... Why would they boost profitability and fun in other areas of this game. Main goal is not to allow crafting be challenged in profitability cuz that is the most likely intended play style. Craft and sell, craft and sell. Do challenges, then back to craft and sell. And this is the most expensive game i've ever had and turns out it is only meant to be crafting sim if you would like to earn yourself some better gear.

How come it gives you so much pleasure to disappoint and nerf every time you see something working well and players going for your content every time with the same phrase that the fun they experience was not intended? Easier than to innovate, right?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info