3.20 Balance Manifesto: Eldritch Altars

Deleted
Last edited by kp357357 on Aug 21, 2023, 9:23:24 AM
Will you change Intervention rewards?
"
mrpibadi wrote:

I'm so fed up with it all that I can say that for both of my core so far, I still haven't received physical rewards, and GGGS find any excuses not to send them to me. So think gentlemen, if I have spent more than $ 2k in the game, and still have not received physical rewards - how does this company treat those who have not invested a penny at all? If they don't even care about me =)))))

Hi there, if you're having issues receiving your merchandise, please email us at merch@grindinggear.com and we can investigate for you.
While I'm ok with making changes here are my concerns.

Eldrich currency is already quite annoying to farm because of the sheer amount of them required to roll each individual piece of gear per character.

Unmaking orb quantity. As an SSFHC player, we were at a very comfortable level in regards to the amount you could drop. It allowed for a shifting atlas, which is what makes the endgame grind fun. You still had to make choices and sometimes had to farm for a bit in order to make large adjustments, but it was possible with vendor conversion. If we reduce this too much and we are hard locked into a more "template" style atlas, the grind could get stale very quickly.
"
"
Boss Rushing
Players currently have an incentive to skip past all regular map monsters and kill the map boss first. The motivation for doing so is that Altars which offer rewards affecting the map boss are less desirable. By killing the boss first, you eliminate these options from your map altars, which makes them more rewarding.

Uhhhhh sort of.

The points you get are based on the number of kills and their difficulty, right? Monsters that are killed during one altar show up in the next altar.

If you kill the boss first, the rest of the altars will be more challenging and more rewarding, resulting in a greater number of points to spend when you're done, regardless of what rewards are offered.

There is a still a reason to rush the boss first, then backtrack to finish the rest of the altars after.

Bro... LMAO
So nerf to altars and nerf to wrath of the cosmos. The only mechanics that still had decent loot in 3.19 are being nerfed in 3.20. Message received.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
"
Not directly related to Altars, but related to the choice of what type of influence you run on your maps, we are adding a chance for Maven-witnessed Map Bosses to drop an Awakened Gem, inclusive of the Awakened Gems that are typically exclusive to Maven herself.

Could you please set some expectations about how high this chance is supposed to be? Of course I don't expect you to reveal the exact drop rates, but should we see this as a possible once-in-a-league event, or should a player who specializes in Maven influence expect to receive a fairly steady supply of awakened gems from map bosses?
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Nov 21, 2022, 5:26:42 PM
" Eldritch-Influenced Maps would always spawn exactly 60 packs within a map. They will now spawn somewhere between 20 and 60 packs per map"

plus the nerf to "extremely juicing" the altars.

guys, maps are empty ever since kalandra. reducing the packs in the maps by 0-40 packs? come on. i literally quit because I GOT BORED one week into the league for the first time in my life because maps are empty for my taste.
Very nice.
These changes seems like a healthy nerf to the overall longevity of the game.
Thank you GGG for having the courage and foresight to balance the game inline with your vision.
GGG: here is 30 nerfs and some rusted scarabs

Players: Nice! I like scarabs

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info