3.20 Balance Manifesto: Eldritch Altars

Changes look good!

The toning down of the altars is reasonable. Overall the altar changes discussed seem quite acceptable.

I like the change to Maven-witnessed bosses. Not sure if it's enough to make it worth running, but we will see.

3:1 scarabs is awesome.
why is the tldr at the start instead of hte end? if it's at the start it's not a tldr it's a summary.
"
AdamSanders wrote:
Most hated league in poe history because of item drop nerfs.

Next league:
Nerf item drops more.

Get it together.

And people will yet continue to write "wow awesome!" and "poggies!" no matter how much loot gets nerfed.
It's simply amazing the human brain of some people...
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
"
Not directly related to Altars, but related to the choice of what type of influence you run on your maps, we are adding a chance for Maven-witnessed Map Bosses to drop an Awakened Gem, inclusive of the Awakened Gems that are typically exclusive to Maven herself.

Could you please set some expectations about how high this chance is supposed to be? Of course I don't expect you to reveal the exact drop rates, but should we see this as a possible once-in-a-league event, or should a player who specializes in Maven influence expect to receive a fairly steady supply of awakened gems from map bosses?

Based on previous examples I'm going to say that this is just a super "lucky" thing to have happen to make it possible that its SLIGHTLY more rewarding that it currently is - and not a fix to make it viable on its own.
nice... scarab upgrade is good...
"
009Status wrote:
"
AdamSanders wrote:
Most hated league in poe history because of item drop nerfs.

Next league:
Nerf item drops more.

Get it together.

And people will yet continue to write "wow awesome!" and "poggies!" no matter how much loot gets nerfed.
It's simply amazing the human brain of some people...

This. The only explanation i can see is: either they didn't read the same thing, or brain.exe stopped working.
And again more loot nerfs.
Third skip in a row and I guess it will be the game quit as well.

Hf who has fun, rest of us cya in other games.
"
wegeling wrote:
"if you intuit that it may be a 20 pack map''

I like many things in this manifesto except this, gotta guess now

First thought on this statement: Players running through entire map counting pack spawns to determine which altar choice is the best. Exactly the gameplay GGG want to avoid.

Please include a map mod icon on the right to list if there is: Low/mid/high amount of influence packs. Or any other clear indication so that players do not have to play a negative playstyle.

"
BNightwolf wrote:
"
wegeling wrote:
"if you intuit that it may be a 20 pack map''

I like many things in this manifesto except this, gotta guess now

First thought on this statement: Players running through entire map counting pack spawns to determine which altar choice is the best. Exactly the gameplay GGG want to avoid.

Please include a map mod icon on the right to list if there is: Low/mid/high amount of influence packs. Or any other clear indication so that players do not have to play a negative playstyle.

But if they added such an indicator, then you wouldn't have to "intuit" (read: clairvoyant) to know!
Just buff crap no one uses. Nerfs are bad.

Vision strikes again... Between 20 and 60... Just do every map same 40-50 pack and we are good.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info