[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Graiaule wrote:
Does the "% chance to unnerve enemies for 4 seconds on hit" actually work for spell casters like us? I've normally taken "on hit" to require melee.

Icestorm hits. A lot. Everything is always Unnerved, just add that eldritch mod.

Got it, thanks. Got that mod with 2 orbs left to go from 80...
"
Kelvynn wrote:
New video: The Trialmaster

I found one part of it in the delve, and another one in Vaal Temple, then bought the rest and ran it just for the challenge. I didn't play in 3.14, never seen this boss before, no idea what's going on there.

It did no damage to me. It died faster than some of the archnemesis rares in T16. It dropped an item that's apparently worth 7 div.

This is some sort of a joke, right?

I think originally it was affected by the map mods you found it in, but its been so long I might be wrong. But even then it was pretty easy.
Thank you everyone for the speedy and detailed answers.

Also, good news. I made it to lvl 90 :D With only 7 deaths total. That is a new record (for deaths) and my 2nd or 3rd time in my PoE 'career' that I have reached 90.

I have never really touched the endgame, save from in Harvest with my then awesome carrion golemancer. I think I killed Shaper once, Elder once with that.

Never did Maven, or the two new bosses. We will see how it goes.

I managed to get one cluster (with CttC at least, was unlucky for the second roll, but will try again later). I may buy another relatively placeholder one with Widespread Destruction as my budget is limited.

I did manage to get 2 Split Personalities with Int and Eva from a guildie (25c for both). So, right now, I'm halfway cluster, half-way pre-cluster tree with some adjustment.

I got a watcher's eye from another guildie with the max mana as ES for 100c. Not the best but will do.

With my one divine, I splurged into a Megalomaniac after leaving live search on for a while. It has CttC but the other notables like those Kelvynn has were way out of my budget so I got one for 50 c that also has Unspeakable Gifts (enemies you kill have a 10% chance to explode and deal a quarter of their health as chaos damage). It was the only one of the 25 from my live search to be that cheap and have a semi-useful 2nd notable.

I have been building my atlas tree right now toward Expedition, Betrayal (I love Betrayal) and a minimalistic 3 pts into Heist (to have more change to drop Blueprints). I don't hate Heist but I can only take so much in a row. I did do about 9-10 levels worth of infinite Heist (level, buy contracts, delevel, buy contracts, run) to get started with some currency. It has helped but boy was I glad to start mapping proper after running all those contracts! {Focused on Lockpicking, Agility, Deception, Demolition, Counter-Thaumaturgy and a little of Perception mostly.}

I have also decided to leave Delirium open, and Rituals. I do need to look into Rituals, but the Atlas Tree is so new and daunting! So many choices!

I blocked Harvest, Breach (wonder if I should unblock it), Abyss and Metamorph.

I don't mind Blight either, though I sometimes fail when the lanes just spawn too spread out. I sell the blighted maps so far.

Legions are okay, though some guildies are gushing about them (one even got 9 divines from it in 10 maps...), but I never have time to completely clear the stasis and usually end up losing half of it. Still, it's interesting when it pops because I love the incubators.

Lots of people have recommended speccing into essences. As I work my way through the Atlas, I'll see. I def will need some Spite to try to make upgrades.

I loved Harbinger but eh. Not speccing into it at all. Same with Einhar and Niko (I can only take so much delving in a row too, just like Heist).

Of course, I've specced into strongboxes, most notably the chance of getting diviner/Arcanist ones, along with Operative's. I did take the one that makes it so the boxes are at least rare (though they are corrupted). I may refund that later on.

I have grown to resent Alva with Archenemsis, so I try to avoid her.

Tormented Spirits and Rogue Exiles, meh.

And that lake....ugh. I do tell myself, it'll be worth it, you'll see, but the disappointment is real.
Last edited by Bellaluna1722 on Sep 6, 2022, 4:14:45 AM
How to league start this?
I don't think it's possible to get a correctly colored 6s WI by level 33.

I tried this build with Ascendant last league but following the guide to a T is kind of not possible unless it's your second character and already have currencies to spend.
Decided to give this build a try, let's see what I can do with 18div budget X_X

On the other side, damn, how hard is to find good rings...
"
erisenuni wrote:
How to league start this?
I don't think it's possible to get a correctly colored 6s WI by level 33.

I tried this build with Ascendant last league but following the guide to a T is kind of not possible unless it's your second character and already have currencies to spend.

It is very doable. Farm early zones for bubblegum currency to help yourself.

Make sure the staff you buy is at least ilvl 70+ and 20% quality before you use any jewellers on it. You don't need a 6 sockets right away; you can get by with 4 and/or 5, as Kelvynn mentions in the leveling section.

I league started with this and swapped from icicle mine to WI at 39 and it was smooth sailing onward. Bought Shavronne's pacing boots for 2 alchemies, icetomb for 1 chaos (and I 4 socketed it). Perandus Blazon belt carried me through almost the end of the 2nd act. I bought a mirrored amulet (from the lake) in place of Astamentis for 2-3 c, then the replica stampede when I could for 5 c in act 2. Before that, I used gear I found.
I've said it before, but Uber Sirus is the most garbage boss fight GGG have ever designed. Pure Garbage.

It's not even hard, it's just shit, I got him eventually but man that fight must be part of the vision.
Last edited by Firestrike9 on Sep 6, 2022, 11:15:40 AM
Been playing this character as my second build this season on PS5.

It's a lot of fun and I enjoy that it's a build that you can get smaller item upgrades by getting more INT on certain items.

It's getting tougher in the late 80s because everything is so expensive on playstation, got two split personalities for a divine each. Rolled my own cluster jewels, got one of them with Blanketed Snow and something else.

Still need a few more items, and there's lots of room to push this build once I get a bunch more currency.

I appreciate the guide, it's a great build!

If anyone wants to check out my character ( QualitySnips ), and let me know if I missed anything obvious that would be cool

Thanks again!

Edit: Definitely should've put the tranquilty annoint on the boots instead of the ammy that I'll likely replace in the future.
Last edited by liquidfiend on Sep 6, 2022, 2:55:44 PM
Kelvynn, how long did you look for your CttC/BS Megalo and what did it cost? I've had a search running for a few days now and nothing's popped. They were rare and expensive even in the past leagues, but I feel like it's way worse now.
Last edited by Verdale on Sep 6, 2022, 6:53:57 PM
"
Firestrike9 wrote:
I've said it before, but Uber Sirus is the most garbage boss fight GGG have ever designed. Pure Garbage.

It's not even hard, it's just shit, I got him eventually but man that fight must be part of the vision.

He's much easier on the Trickster than he was on the Occultist last league. I killed him a couple of times just for fun, but died 1 time on each kill to the bullshit mechanics. I'll probably hit him again after I get to lv 100.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info