[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Week 1 update

I'm having an absolute blast in the Poverty League while everybody is crying about terrible loot and overtuned rares!

This build is cheap. I haven't spent a single Divine yet. Bought some cheap stuff worth 1-5c to start. Then saved 50c for The Stampede. There is no need for Astramentis in this league, with all the crazy amulets and rings.

At about lv 85 I saved up some more c to buy 2 cheapest cold clusters with just CttC on them and 2 Splits with Int/Evasion, the cheapest %Int belt, slightly better chest, helm and gloves, 2 Golden Oils, and Fenumus - and switched to the cluster version. Accidentally 6-linked the chest! This build doesn't even use 6L, so it's just for QoL with Culling Strike.

Stun and corrupted blood immunity were first covered by random 1c corrupted jewels while I was buying Brute Forces and Fertile Minds and vaaling them. Then I finally hit CB immunity, and so far 1 stun avoidance mod. Still using cheap corrupted jewels for the rest.

My budget so far is about 300c. And I'm farming the endgame, feeling pretty much unkillable. Trickster is like the Ascendant but with 2 more layers of defense: evasion and overleech. This is the safest tankiest version of the build. I'm glad that I decided to try the Trickster.

New video: Farming double guardians on a budget

New video: Sirus on a budget

I've added a budget version PoB, new videos, and a section on mana sustain to the guide.

Last edited by Kelvynn on Aug 26, 2022, 1:25:26 AM
Lol - everything is easy when you run lucky!
"
Baloosh wrote:

Huh?
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Baloosh wrote:

Huh?

Think he means you're lucky to have picked out and designed such a great build with one of the most interesting uniques in the game.

After getting to 2200 int and 6.9k ES, I feel like the good old days... POWERFUL.
Only just started this build yesterday, but oh my lord, this is tanky as hell!

I'm currently at level 70, with just over 1600 Int - the damage (for me) is a bit lacking still (because of the low levels and missing a good amount of Int still, through gear and such - my gear is really not that great), but still decent and kills stuff as you'd expect - but the tankiness.. That's on a whole other level!

Can't wait to get this going even further.

This is so much fun to play.

I've been wanting to play a Whispering Ice build for the past 4-5 leagues - glad I decided to do it with this one :D
Last edited by Tagger on Aug 26, 2022, 6:24:55 AM
I have a question, do we benefit from increased attack speed or cast speed? or is it a big hit if I have negative attack/cast speed on rings?
build working great for me so far... but I have one question: Why dont we use cwdt phantasmal WOC for curse auto set up instead of CWDT lv 1 - Ball Lightning lv 1?
Life isn't what you make of it, it's already been made for you.
"
161Sherlock wrote:
I have a question, do we benefit from increased attack speed or cast speed? or is it a big hit if I have negative attack/cast speed on rings?

Attack speed doesn't matter at all, we don't use any attacks.

Cast speed does matter when self-casting on a boss.
"
Thunder0258 wrote:
build working great for me so far... but I have one question: Why dont we use cwdt phantasmal WOC for curse auto set up instead of CWDT lv 1 - Ball Lightning lv 1?

Because Ball Lightning has a much better area coverage. WoC is slow and covers a smaller area, especially without Inc Duration support.

Also, if you use a Watchers Eye with ES gain on hit, BL will give you a lot of healing while mapping. It hits everything in a radius 5 times per second. Not sure if the Trickster actually needs that, he's already kinda unkillable in maps. But for the Ascendant and Occultist this was a legit argument in favor of BL.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Aug 26, 2022, 1:06:14 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
161Sherlock wrote:

Attack speed doesn't matter at all, we don't use any attacks.

Cast speed does matter when self-casting on a boss.

What about reduced evasion, reduced armour or less critical strike multi?

I've stayed my hand at buying a few 1c rings because I was not sure and do not want to gimp myself.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info