[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

I just broke 2100 Int and 8k ES, never has such stats on any character. Those mirrored rings are insane :)
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
"
Jadran wrote:
I just broke 2100 Int and 8k ES, never has such stats on any character. Those mirrored rings are insane :)

Nice! Just broke almost 2,6k int here and just made insane helm

Last edited by Tecken1407 on Aug 25, 2022, 8:33:29 AM
"
ericchongws wrote:
I understand that the increased int mod on the staff is utmost important but what about the increased cast speed? Does it affect anything in mapping and bossing setup? With divines being the new ex, i dont want to spend too much on a perfect staff if it barely matters.

To bump this up, does cast speed help this build in any way?
"
King_Haart wrote:
"
ericchongws wrote:
I understand that the increased int mod on the staff is utmost important but what about the increased cast speed? Does it affect anything in mapping and bossing setup? With divines being the new ex, i dont want to spend too much on a perfect staff if it barely matters.

yes, you self cast ice storm on bossing staff, but dunno if it makes that much of a difference
What level should I go for the cluster?
"
Tecken1407 wrote:
Nice! Just broke almost 2,6k int here and just made insane helm

Looks dope! Any tips on how to craft something like that? I'm bad at crafting :( Is the starting point an Essence?

"
dmoniak wrote:
What level should I go for the cluster?

I'd say as soon as you have a cluster with Cold to the Core, and two Split Personalities (and points on the tree to make the long path to your starting location). Split Personalities are much cheaper now, I bought one of mine for 1 Divine :(((
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
Last edited by Jadran on Aug 25, 2022, 12:54:14 PM
"
King_Haart wrote:
"
ericchongws wrote:

It doesn't really matter much. We're capped by the amount of storms on-screen at a time anyways. A little bit of cast speed can help get the storms out faster when using self-cast, but it shouldn't really be a focus.
"
Graiaule wrote:
@Bellaluna1722 - Hi, and welcome back! Good luck playing with all of your kids around!

Don't worry about the league changes. They are what they are, and whispering ice prospers anyway.

I have the same issue you do with regards to currency.

There is a program you can install called Exilence Next. You can choose the tabs for it to look at, and it will tell you what your items are worth.

As long as you pickup currency and/or rares to vendor, you'll be surprised how much your stuff is worth. Learn to use the pathofexile.com/trade site, including the bulk buy/sell, and just sell the stuff you pick up off the ground.

Do not attempt to farm the cards for the staff -- it'll take too long, and you also need to be at least level 50 to get an ilvl 50 staff that you can 6S.

Specifically, in this league, I sold my scouring orbs, chance orbs, and a couple other items for a grand total of 4 chaos, which I then used to purchase a 4S staff (I didn't care about the % increased intelligence at all) on day one. I used the trade site's live search feature to spot one as soon as it was put up for sale.

You have more wealth in your stash than you realize -- that's the main point.

The only items I purchased after my staff were my 2 rings, amulet, and helm, all for 1c each (prior to maps.)

You'll be fine. The only thing you should craft at the beginning of maps is your belt. Buy a 15% int rare synthesized belt, scour it, use 4 intrinsic catalysts to 20% quality it, then slam it with one deafening essence of spite. That belt will carry you for quite a while, for a total cost of about 26c as of today.

Thank you for the well wishes. Indeed, playing with a seven-month old baby I am still nursing and three older kids between age 2 and 5 is some work.

I did not know about that third party software and installed it. Well, turned out I had about 8 chaos in inventory/stash items and I ended up selling those items (including survival jewels you get from quest in act 2 I never would have thought had any value). I got my staff, which only had 1 socket but was ilvl 83 for 1 c...used 3 fusings after quality-ing it to 20% and got it to 6 sockets! I have 4b1g1r on it, with a blue and red linked... Not optimal, I think I need 2g for the mapping one but still, good start.

I am still playing miner however because all the Astramentis I see are 50c+...so that's disheartening a bit but I will get there eventually. Same situation for the boots, and that's not even thinking of procuring the oils for the annoint. Not even thinking of cluster jewels right now. Hubby and I finally got our first ascendency last night after reaching the WP before the Kaom and Daresso portions.

It's slow and I won't lie, I don't like the reduced drop rate at all. Some AN in campaign are still 2-3 modded and can one-shot so easily as well. Not running the lakes as we level either because our experience from trying it has been lackluster to say the least.

Still, I remain (maybe crazily) hopeful that we may yet see improvements and I may yet benefit from some luck going forward.
Is the order ascendency set in stone? I thought taking regen/damage first would be better while the 40% is more for end game?

"
Bellaluna1722 wrote:
I am still playing miner however because all the Astramentis I see are 50c+...so that's disheartening a bit but I will get there eventually. Same situation for the boots, and that's not even thinking of procuring the oils for the annoint. Not even thinking of cluster jewels right now. Hubby and I finally got our first ascendency last night after reaching the WP before the Kaom and Daresso portions.

It's slow and I won't lie, I don't like the reduced drop rate at all. Some AN in campaign are still 2-3 modded and can one-shot so easily as well. Not running the lakes as we level either because our experience from trying it has been lackluster to say the least.

Still, I remain (maybe crazily) hopeful that we may yet see improvements and I may yet benefit from some luck going forward.

I think mining felt a bit safer to me in earlier levels, but I switched to WI once I was around 40 and it was okay for *most* fights (some Lakes I died many times though). Once I got to level 63 and added the Stampede (Replica Stampede is WAY cheaper so start with that), and also got enough mana reservation to have all of Discipline, Purity of Elements and Clarity on at once with ~50 mana left for ice storming, the build has started to feel very competent. I steamroll most things with pretty terrible gear.

One thing that helps a bit is that I have Zealots Oath and Kikazaru equipped so I have over 200 ES/sec regen which makes up for my damage being lower and therefore not leeching quite enough to keep me alive on its own. This may help you as you level.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info