Character Balance in Path of Exile: Lake of Kalandra

I'm one of those newcomer which played your game for the very first time this league.
As I'm really lacking the knowledge of most of the game mechanics (I literally copy/pasted what a youtuber showed me and started to gather knowledge during the league) I cannot comprehend how your changes will affect the game.
One thing, though, I can definitely understand. If you nerf the flask modifiers which let you obtain charges when hit I'll stop playing.
There is one big thing that is definitely not funny to anyone. And that is to have to click 10 different buttons every few seconds to play a build.
The game is already complex and convoluted by itself and you are forcing people to manually hit their flasks, which is not fun at all.
In most endgame content you have 100 mobs at a time on your video and need to focus on their "skills" to avoid getting one-shotted or "ailmented to 0".
Nerfing those modifiers (I'm referring to the flask's modifiers) will destroy a streamlined process that let you not worry about your flasks (I bet 99% of the people which don't have a mageblood are using the enchantment that activates the flasks when full to mitigate finger/arm's stress and to concentrate on what is really happening on video).
Killing that streamlined process will force me out of the game.
I could understand and accept your change if your game was designed differently and you could play slow and kill one mob at a time. But this isn't the case as you need to kill 100 at a time and progress/move faster and faster within the map to have the bare minimum of fun (find me a player that consider fun moving in slow motion for instance...).
There are moo many stuff We already have to pay attention to.
We don't need another stress (activating those flasks manually).
Please, reconsider this change as it is not needed at all and would prevent the players from enjoying the game for no reason.
Why you considered this thing to be an issue in the first place is a mistery to me. It's a damn QoL enhancement of the gameplay itself.
It should be a feature for everyone to enjoy instead of a luxury.
And you thought about destroying it (as you know 3 charges when hit are not really enough to sustain the "automatic" activations of flasks).

"
blindwar wrote:
why are you censoring this since im not saying anything rude??

GGG you are soooo out of touch with your own game and comunity, its grotesque
like, who plays and test your game? those guys that said ARCHNEMESIS was fine and working as intended????

so you are shocked that the minion archeotype class holds most minions build in the game? how surprising

now tell me what exactly spectres will do with Unholy Sh*te? and what other classes can use spectres properly?? ohhh thats right, NONE of them

also do you realize that animated guardian NEEDS the gravy mode you just deleted? on top of that more than the players, minions NEEDS auras in order to stay alive, auras you can only get with reservation you just removed.

you had extra time to work on balances since 3.17 and all you could come up with was +2 to cleave range?
what about the other 30+ skills in current state of unholy sh*te?

but i get it, i get it...
will released a new meta of overpowered new skills and sell the respective celestial mtx

i wonder how is the player retention these days btw

Dont worry just farm a few mirrors and minions will be op. Only elitist allowed playing this game. Go away scrubs! /s
As an avid Necromancer player, the proposed Manifesto changes are a complete joke. Why don't you just delete the Ascendency all together at this point?
"
Can I ask GGG few questions:

1. How many builds are capable to do hard core content and kill most of content?
2. How many builds will be able to kill all content in softcore?
3. How many people will be able to gear those builds referred in previous 2 questions?
4. How many builds that are not capable to do most of content are affected by the nerfes in this character balance manifesto?
5. Do you think is a good practice to dismantle some structural parts of all builds just to nerf those top tier builds (i think 6 meta builds) that were able to do all content?
6. Is it normal for a game with so many combination of skills and items to have only a few builds that are capable to do all content?(with god tier investment?)
7. Moreover, when talking about trading, 99% of the players have no idea what those meta builds are and what items are needed for all of them, and so the 1% who usually zoom through acts in 3 hours get most of the expensive items, and start to price fix the market. So, if you are a casual player wanting to try lets say a build with frenzy charges, by the time you get out of maps with a crappy build, and start getting some currency, the frenzy items are already 20 ex. and they grow in price every day. Is this what is wished from trade?
8. There will always 20 builds that mostly played. Why do you always nerf the top performers? Is this what balance means to GGG?
9. Why not work to make changes so more skills are able to do the uber bosses?
10. I am literally curious of how many players were capable to kill the uber bosses? (and not the ones that have 20000 hours - because they will always play the meta, the players that were not playing the 6 meta builds)
11. What i wonder, is it possible to take one skill at random and make a build that is capable to do all content? If not, maybe you should work on that.
12. Why is it, that most of leagues, when someone shows on youtoube a build that looks amazing, can do all the content and it is tanky, most of us see it and say "that looks really cool, maybe I should try it next league" - the one who made it says that the build is about several mirrors, and the next league GGG destroys the build? (what is the thinking behind this? you have about 30 people getting the actual currency to be able to make the build - that takes a shit load of time, and usually the people who play 8 hours a day or more can get that -, and you have 20000 people that watched the video on youtoube, never had the chance to even try to gather the currency to put the build together, because not many of us can have that time/currency investment and GGG already destroys the build, and more than that, when they nerf that build, they nerf globally most of builds for the losers that struggle to get to level 95. Not only the ones that dreamed to play a build that looks awesome, have no chance because it is financially impossible, but now the builds that they were struggling to get some currency with will not work).
13. How do you imagine casuals that play lets say 1 hour a day, will ever get the currency to buy mirror tier items? (they make 1 - 2 ex per hour for 90 days, that is 180 ex. I really want to know what kind of build will you have with 180 ex that will be able to kill uber bosses? - how many builds cost that much? - so basically lets say that is 1 build, by the 90th day he will have a chance to kill uber bosses)
14. Lets take the new players, most of them try builds on their own, and they struggle with the acts. They see the youtoubers playing awesome builds into a league, and next league that build is destroyed. What idea do those new players get?
15. Lets assume that you give every player in the game at the start of the game, a mageblood and Ashes. How many builds will those players make with those 2 starting items capable to do uber bosses? 10? 20? (my bet is they will play 5 of the most op builds, because the rest are not capable to kill uber bosses and do all content)

On a personal note, you play a game to have fun. To have fun in this game, you need to know all the mechanics. To know all the mechanics you need at least 20k hours and to have played it since 11 years ago constantly 8 hours a day. If you start later, you have no idea how the meta builds are and what to build. I bet most of players at a start of a league google builds on redit and try to look for youtoube tutorials of what to play. There are 500 people maybe, that are capable to figure out and theory craft builds, but for the rest 1 million players or more, it is just monkey see, monkey do. You are basically making a game available for 500 to 1000 people, and 1 million idiots that copy what they do. And if you are not lucky enough to find the build that works in that league, the next league will not be an option because GGG already F....ed it. Is this what you want for your game?

and this is why is only played 1-2 weeks at leaguestart. i had alot of fun in archnemesis. bus the sentinel league killed it for me. an looks like the next one getting even worse.
It#s okay. the worse the game gets, the more private time i got lol
nerfy, as usual, will continue to play tho and seek other metas
No to conditional challenges on top of RNG pure luck mechanics.
"
Pheu wrote:
"
blindwar wrote:
why are you censoring this since im not saying anything rude??

GGG you are soooo out of touch with your own game and comunity, its grotesque
like, who plays and test your game? those guys that said ARCHNEMESIS was fine and working as intended????

so you are shocked that the minion archeotype class holds most minions build in the game? how surprising

now tell me what exactly spectres will do with Unholy Sh*te? and what other classes can use spectres properly?? ohhh thats right, NONE of them

also do you realize that animated guardian NEEDS the gravy mode you just deleted? on top of that more than the players, minions NEEDS auras in order to stay alive, auras you can only get with reservation you just removed.

you had extra time to work on balances since 3.17 and all you could come up with was +2 to cleave range?
what about the other 30+ skills in current state of unholy sh*te?

but i get it, i get it...
will released a new meta of overpowered new skills and sell the respective celestial mtx

i wonder how is the player retention these days btw

Dont worry just farm a few mirrors and minions will be op. Only elitist allowed playing this game. Go away scrubs! /s

i guess ill have to farm my 10 mirrors to buy a +2 corrupted white socket body armour for my minions then :(
TRash. i mean less dmg from brittle,,,,harder to get 100% supress = less dmg.....les less less less.....where buffs????
"
medvegonok wrote:
TRash. i mean less dmg from brittle,,,,harder to get 100% supress = less dmg.....les less less less.....where buffs????

I'm sure some Uber boss will get buffed, don't worry, you get your buffs...
Lmao
Every class wins the Gauntlet Race with Seismic Trap and the skill remains by far the strongest skill in the game. It's just hypocritical to keep reading that the problem are unpopular skills that should be played more often.

The defense, which is still sufficient against umpteen opponents because they are on drugs, is weakened. There will be the same meta defence choices, but there will be weaker as last league. Furthermore there is no diversity in POE.

Maybe Trickster rework will hype me a little, but to know GGG is making this stupid way makes POE unattractive for me.
So GGG makes a popular build, it becomes meta, GGG creates many MTX for the popular build, people buy many MTX - then GGG kills the build, collects the money, washes and repeats.

Follow up question - when GGG kill my build the one that i paid $$$ for MTX - can i get a refund? I mean build is no longer playable, MTX is unusable.

GGG any comment on me getting my refund for skeleton MTX? How about SRS mtx? Should i write to customer support i think

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info