[3.24] 41 million DPS perma-flask Poisonous Concoction | Pathfinder

You're actually doing pretty well, in that you're only at the very beginning of the build path. It's a slowish progression, and is going to take some time unless you have masses of currency. I've only just gotten to the build's final form today. It's been a bit of a slog TBH.

As far as upgrades go, there are a few big ones. Here is a list, in a kind of priority. Bear in mind the build really doesn't start feeling like a build until you get a Farrul's Fur and have Frenzy charges.

• Get a better flask as a priority. Yours is actually the opposite of what you need (which is T1 Increased Amount Recovered).
  • Get a Farrul's Fur and mod your belt with Aspect of the Cat to give you Frenzy Charges. Just a normal one at first if currency is really tight. Get a Replica version for the Endurance Charges when you can (they are pretty cheap this league). You'll be significantly tankier.
  • Get a Devouring Diadem so you no longer have to worry about mana (which will be an issue until you do). The enchant you want eventually is Increased Poisonous Concoction Area of Effect. Make sure it has the right mod - Increased Duration of Ailments you inflict while focused. It has the obvious benefits of reducing mana reservation for auras as well, and Feast of Flesh is a free full heal every 5 seconds. It's really an awesome helm for us.
  • You already mentioned your amulet. I got one with just Damage Over Time Multiplier at first, then eventually got one with +1 to Chaos Skill Gems as well. Getting a +2 isn't necessary as we hit poison cap without it, and they're insanely expensive.
  • Get a Stygian Vise belt. This league the best belt for us is one with Increased Flask Life Recovery Rate, as well as either Increased Maximum Life or Increased Chaos Damage from a Hunter Orb slam.
  • You will need a better shield, and this league they are really rare. I've linked a trade search to help find one in a previous post in this thread.
  • It could actually help to pick up a Sinvicta and use the Rampage weapons swap tech. Rampage is great, especially at lower levels.
  • The absolute biggest bonus to our damage is a double corrupted pair of Snakebite's, and then running two curses through the Whispers of Doom enchant, and a Witchfire Brew flask. Once you achieve that, your damage will be up around 30 million.
  • Eventually get +1 Frenzy Charge rings. These might be really tough to find, so don't worry until later. In the meantime just get rings similar to those linked in the guide (i.e. without the +Frenzy Charges implicits).
  • Upgrade to Awakened versions of gems as you can. They are actually a decent DPS boost.
  • Finally, you'll need the Forbidden Jewels. They are cheaper this league, but still not cheap.

That's pretty much it I think. I've adjusted your current PoB below, to have a more correct configuration and show the right damage. Whenever you reimport your PoB remember to fix the number of projectiles on the skill gems, and tick "Include in Full DPS" for both the PConc skill and Herald of Agony.

https://pobb.in/TGRsYUjKHun0
Last edited by t0lkien on May 6, 2023, 8:46:36 AM
Here's the final version for 3.21. It's just lacking the T4 Corrupted Blood Crucible node on the shield, but to be honest the league mechanic is so random and bricks the tree so often I don't think it's worth pursuing. It's only really a nice to have anyway, and the build works fine without it (the Health Flask deals with Corrupted Blood and bleed).

It's always possible to further min/max, and I will be. But this is essentially complete now.

I still love the feel of playing this build, and you get used to modifying PConc spam to limit the use of Health Flask charges. With such fast flask recharge, the difference for single targets from last league is not massive, as the flask is usually recharged fully by the time you move and fire again. For clear the innate on-kill flask recharge mechanic means the flask is always full, and the extra cost makes no difference.

All non-Uber bosses down easily.

3.21 Final Version PoB

• Poison cap (41.5 million DPS with Cull)
  • 163k eHP
  • 4500+ HP
  • 23k Evasion
  • 15k Armour
  • Chaos Resistance capped
  • Ailment Immune
  • Stun Immune
  • 100% Spell Suppression
  • 240% Movement Speed
  • 10 Frenzy Charges, 4 Endurance Charges
  • Permanent Flasks
Last edited by t0lkien on May 15, 2023, 2:35:19 AM
Hello,

I have been following this build since you originally posted this guide. Thank you so much for it I have tried several other builds but keep coming back to this one. If you have some time could take you a look at my build and offer any suggestions to improve it? Also I'm not sure how versatile combatant works so I stayed away from it ;)

My POB https://pobb.in/7pMJrNXlXy1d (also I am not sure how to configure the POB properly) sorry I'm newish and kinda stuck.

Thanks again!
"
Frankie808 wrote:
My POB https://pobb.in/7pMJrNXlXy1d (also I am not sure how to configure the POB properly) sorry I'm newish and kinda stuck.

Thanks again!

Your version is a little uneven, though it's not bad at all. There are a few things you can improve, for DPS but particularly for defense (you must be getting one shot a fair bit - the defensive nerfs overall this league have been pretty bad):

• Get a version of the helmet with the correct unveiled mod (you can see this in the information/PoB's on the build)
  • If you can, get the AoE enchant on the helmet as well - though that's probably going to be pretty tough at this stage of this league
  • If you can get a double corrupted pair of the gloves, and run the two curse version, you will pretty much double your DPS
  • Your shield isn't taking advantage of the potential defensive boost we can get from Versatile Combatant. I've talked about that in the build guide. Also, this league we get some very nice bonuses from the Crucible tree - particularly massive Increased Frenzy Charge Duration. I highly recommend picking it up, as it frees up a few skill points to use on defense/life.
  • Try to get a version of the boots with +1 Endurance Charges. It makes a difference.
  • Try to get a Watcher's Eye with at least both the -mana and +block mods. It will help push your block over 50%, which is when every point above that becomes 2 spell block via Versatile Combatant.
  • Get an Anomalous version of Withering Step to help add more stacks of Wither on mobs
  • Your cluster jewels aren't really helping you much. I recommend taking a look at those in the build guide.

I hear you, by the way. I keep coming back to this build too. Once you have played it, most other builds are lacking in some way. Even in its slightly nerfed form, PConc is still so good when coupled with Frenzy charges.

Good luck!
Last edited by t0lkien on May 18, 2023, 11:23:49 AM
Thank you so much for the help! I will do everything you suggested as soon as I can afford it. I have switched up my helmet, boots and withering step and can already feel the difference already. I do have a pretty good shield with the desired mods but in crucible, however; I quit Crucible as it was driving me nuts and am sticking to Standard for now. I am saving up for the better Snakebite and Watchers Eye. I do get one shot a bit more than I'd like to, but a side effect to not being super knowledgeable about builds has forced me to get good at playing the game in terms of positioning and avoiding damage. That being said I'd much rather have a proper defense.

Cheer!
"
Frankie808 wrote:
I do have a pretty good shield with the desired mods but in crucible, however; I quit Crucible as it was driving me nuts and am sticking to Standard for now.

The Crucible mechanic is awful, I agree. However, it's worth trying to get at least a couple of the beneficial nodes on your shield. You won't regret it once it goes over to Standard, and 2 or 3 nodes is fairly easy to get. It's the fourth (or God forbid a fifth) that is obnoxiously difficult.

BTW, here is a copy of your original PoB with a correctly configured Configuration tab (I think). You can just import your gear and skills over the top constantly as you update, and it should stay the same pretty much - you just have to readjust the Poisonous Concoction Count to be 10 in the Skills section (it's 10 and not 9 for you because you have an Awakened GMP):

https://pobb.in/rAjHPoXng8Yl

As soon as you have the helmet with Focus on it, it will show the effect of it. BTW, don't forget to use Focus! I hit it and all our other cooldowns (Plague Bearer, Vaal Haste, Vaal Grace) at the same time as soon as they come up. It's probably better to use them more strategically, but I'd rather just use them as often as they are available to get maximum value.
Last edited by t0lkien on May 19, 2023, 2:00:52 AM
Great points!
I specifically did crucible to get the shield and I am hoping they bring it into standard, I don't have too much time to farm everything again just for crucible. As far as the clusters go I mainly get the extended flask duration and mana efficiency from them until I can get the shield over.
And yes I mash em all ;)
I'm surprised at how useless the "end" node for Poisonous Concoction is. They could have done something really interesting like increase single target damage some way, but instead they give us an explode on death function that is almost entirely useless considering the strength of clear the skill already has. On top of that, it pulls more flask charges from yet another type of flask. It's literally worse to have the node than not to.

I love this game, but holy cow, there are some ordinary bits of design.
Last edited by t0lkien on May 22, 2023, 4:47:50 AM
Oh I agree I have a love hate relationship with the game, like spending countless hours perfecting builds for them to
make some bone head nerf and ruin it. Then the amount of time it takes to fix it. For what reason, I was enjoying the game do they think people will leave if they don't ruin builds once in awhile. There is more than enough variety to go around. That and the gambling/crafting bothers me a bit too. I know I have spent the most hours playing this game compared to anything else I play, however; It's the only game I refuse to rate or recommend for other people to play.It's all done to suck up our time and its working on me at least lol. But I know I will eventually get sick of being manipulated and take a break. I already play wayless due to the nerfing. RANT OVER.
3.22 Patchnotes drop in ~24 hours. I will update the ups and downs (if any) here.
Last edited by t0lkien on Aug 10, 2023, 10:48:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info