[3.24] 41 million DPS perma-flask Poisonous Concoction | Pathfinder

I have a backup build that involves Arakaali's fang. It got hit as well. Lost two masteries (life and mana reservation on determination). With some juggling and using an alternate ring in one slot I was able to claw back the mana reservation so the build still runs all the auras needed and restore life to pre change levels (just). DPS is 24M. There is also a variation that would get me to 40M DPS but I don't have a Mageblood and Squire to play with :-)

I'm hoping something similar is an option for this build, otherwise I guess I'll be having a fire sale of gear and gems/jewels, though given they are somewhat specific to PConc builds it will be hard to move any of it given no-one will be playing it, in league or standard.
Last edited by BowWizard on Apr 5, 2023, 12:48:01 PM
Looking at the new tree and new masteries I feel like this was a straight punch to the face of PConc, which kinda had it comming.

The increase in flask charge consumption seems a bit on the heavy handed side, combined with the loss of so much utility in the PF nodes. Still, there's a billion sources of but flat and %"increased flask charges gained" on the tree that I am not at all pesimistic about this builds and skills future.

There is one thing that concerns me though: Why would I want to use a skill that requires me to hit (requiring accuarcy) to apply an ailment (which is subject to resistances) when I can just do Toxic Rain on Ballista? I guess the direct damage part and the ability to clear most weaker enemie with the initial 300% poisons should make PConc the better mapper?

I wouldn't even need Master Toxicist in TRB, I could go with Master Alchemist or Master Surgeon (Divination Distilate for a "life flask" KEKW, lemme replace two ventors with a 1c flask. OK.).
Last edited by Rakschas666 on Apr 6, 2023, 9:16:44 PM
"
Rakschas666 wrote:
The increase in flask charge consumption seems a bit on the heavy handed side, combined with the loss of so much utility in the PF nodes. Still, there's a billion sources of but flat and %"increased flask charges gained" on the tree that I am not at all pesimistic about this builds and skills future.

For leveling - which is what most people use the skill for - it will still be fine. You don't even need to use a flask. You can eat the direct 30-50% damage nerf and still get to maps without much problem. But for endgame it's dead, at least if you want to do decent numbers. The skill nerf alone will make it much less fun to play, as you'll always be monitoring your flask charges on a build designed to take advantage of fast poison stacking. RNG-based charge conservation/renewal is a really shitty mechanic when you'll potentially be consuming 10 charges per attack. At 4+ attacks per second, that will empty a single life flask in under a second.

But that's not the worst part of the nerf. The loss of AoE, something GGG has been progressively removing from various sources throughout the game, can't be replaced. That means at endgame you will only be able to get about 5 maybe 6 potions to overlap on single targets - with effort. IMO all of it combines to be a ~50% damage nerf, and a significant QoL hit.

This build at endgame is not cheap, and pushing it to its limit is/was most of the fun, at least for me. There may be ways around all the nerfs (though I don't see them) but they won't be easy, or cheap if they exist. Frankly, I'd rather put the level of effort that is going to be required into a build that has guaranteed return.

It's so strange when GGG do things like this. Very few people took PConc to endgame, yet their nerfs couldn't have been more specifically targeted against using it at that level. It's a kind of ongoing punitive (almost vindictive) design many people find frustrating, me included.
Last edited by t0lkien on Apr 7, 2023, 8:46:04 AM
"
t0lkien wrote:
"
Rakschas666 wrote:

For leveling - which is what most people use the skill for - it will still be fine. You don't even need to use a flask. You can eat the direct 30-50% damage nerf and still get to maps without much problem. But for endgame it's dead, at least if you want to do decent numbers. The skill nerf alone will make it much less fun to play, as you'll always be monitoring your flask charges on a build designed to take advantage of fast poison stacking. RNG-based charge conservation/renewal is a really shitty mechanic when you'll potentially be consuming 10 charges per attack. At 4+ attacks per second, that will empty a single life flask in under a second.

But that's not the worst part of the nerf. The loss of AoE, something GGG has been progressively removing from various sources throughout the game, can't be replaced. That means at endgame you will only be able to get about 5 maybe 6 potions to overlap on single targets - with effort. IMO all of it combines to be a ~50% damage nerf, and a significant QoL hit.

This build at endgame is not cheap, and pushing it to its limit is/was most of the fun, at least for me. There may be ways around all the nerfs (though I don't see them) but they won't be easy, or cheap if they exist. Frankly, I'd rather put the level of effort that is going to be required into a build that has guaranteed return.

It's so strange when GGG do things like this. Very few people took PConc to endgame, yet their nerfs couldn't have been more specifically targeted against using it at that level. It's a kind of ongoing punitive (almost vindictive) design many people find frustrating, me included.

Not only did they kill this build, but for some reason they had a hard on to impact ANY build that used poison. I have an Arakaali build (two of them actually). Both are hit by the same changes. Spiders don't need flasks that's true but a whole bunch of masteries they did use got wiped as well. I also lost a build I'd had for 4 years and just got to 100.

We're paying for GGG's mistakes. I haven't been affected this bad since 3.8.

I spent probably 150-200 divines getting this to high end game (I could never get the gloves and rings - lucky in hindsight).

I'll check out any build you post T0lkien but I'm not sure I have the strength or inclination to make another build, given it can be screwed over by GGG at the drop of a hat. They couldn't have killed my enthusiasm more effectively with such banal decisions.
"
BowWizard wrote:
I'll check out any build you post T0lkien but I'm not sure I have the strength or inclination to make another build, given it can be screwed over by GGG at the drop of a hat. They couldn't have killed my enthusiasm more effectively with such banal decisions.

I feel you completely. I'm currently playing Palsteron's Toxic Rain Ballistas to try and farm up some semblance of currency to begin something else, but it's already been a pretty miserable league for me. Everything is harder, and more punitive.

This is a great game, but it is also one of the worst for player experience because of this stuff. I learned a long time ago not to grow attached to any build overmuch, but sometimes it feels uncomfortably like an abusive relationship. IMO they are mishandling their "vision" and ultimately have little regard for player investment. There are more people playing right now than ever, though, so what do I know.

UPDATE: My league start has been horrendous. So in desperation I'm going back to PConc to see how bad it really is. If I can figure out a way to make it endgame viable again, I'll let you know.
Last edited by t0lkien on Apr 12, 2023, 4:41:58 AM
"
t0lkien wrote:
"
BowWizard wrote:

I feel you completely. I'm currently playing Palsteron's Toxic Rain Ballistas to try and farm up some semblance of currency to begin something else, but it's already been a pretty miserable league for me. Everything is harder, and more punitive.

This is a great game, but it is also one of the worst for player experience because of this stuff. I learned a long time ago not to grow attached to any build overmuch, but sometimes it feels uncomfortably like an abusive relationship. IMO they are mishandling their "vision" and ultimately have little regard for player investment. There are more people playing right now than ever, though, so what do I know.

UPDATE: My league start has been horrendous. So in desperation I'm going back to PConc to see how bad it really is. If I can figure out a way to make it endgame viable again, I'll let you know.

The numbers don't tell the story. More people may have started but that doesn't mean they stayed past Lion's Eye :0.

I have two spider builds that might be usable - the authors rejigged their builds. One apparently is just fine, the other may be, but it needs a lot of expensive ghastly eye jewels. Not saying you should play them but since they share some commonality with Pconc in using poison and some masteries I can send them to you and you can see if there is anything you can borrow from that to raise this build from the dead (or put a Frankenstein build together from the parts :-)
It's kind of working. Still too early to tell, though PoB says it will get there eventually. I'm not quite convinced yet and it's hard going, but we'll see.
Last edited by t0lkien on Apr 22, 2023, 1:01:05 PM
3.21 update tab updated. TL:DR it's almost the same with a couple of major changes. Single target power has likely decreased due to the life flask charges change.

It can probably be made better, with work.
Last edited by t0lkien on May 5, 2023, 9:28:41 AM
Final version PoB (pretty much) posted in the 3.21 tab.
Hello !

I'm the player that DM you tonight

Here is my POB, could you tell me in order what to upgrade ?

The amulet is quite bad cause it's coming from my ele hit first char, I need to find my +1 to all chaos skill and transition to frenzy generation but still need some currency.

https://pobb.in/ERHo22uW1aDE

Sincerely

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info