[3.24] 41 million DPS perma-flask Poisonous Concoction | Pathfinder

"
Perhaps they will add a special "unarmed" weapon upgrade tree

They just probably forgot. It's only one build and pretty sure they don't loose sleep over it. Like over great many other things.
RIP Poisonous Concoction
"
"
Perhaps they will add a special "unarmed" weapon upgrade tree

They just probably forgot. It's only one build and pretty sure they don't loose sleep over it. Like over great many other things.

There are more than 1 unarmed builds, plus in the patch notes Pathfinder section it mentions adding more concoction-like stuff (via an ascendency node) - not sure if it will require unarmed or not, but they are clearly thinking about it if you read the first 2 paragraphs of the pathfinder patch notes
Last edited by Vandit49 on Apr 2, 2023, 2:46:15 PM
"
There are more than 1 unarmed builds, plus in the patch notes Pathfinder section it mentions adding more concoction-like stuff (via an ascendency node) - not sure if it will require unarmed or not, but they are clearly thinking about it if you read the first 2 paragraphs of the pathfinder patch notes

Except this question was asked during the reveal, and Chris said that it was not possible for every league to benefit every build equally, and it wasn't something they were going to change.

The build is effectively dead for Crucible I think. I'm already making plans to play something else.
Last edited by t0lkien on Apr 2, 2023, 3:22:16 PM
If that is so tOlkien then let us know and especially if you intend making a guide.
You have been more than helpful with this build - thanks.
"
t0lkien wrote:
"

Except this question was asked during the reveal, and Chris said that it was not possible for every league to benefit every build equally, and it wasn't something they were going to change.

The build is effectively dead for Crucible I think. I'm already making plans to play something else.

This is extremely annoying if so. I spent months putting this together, not to mention several hundred divines. I vividly remember a clip from ExileCon (the original one) where GGG said they don't "intentionally" gut any build and yet here we seem to be with exactly that. I hope they didn't just take it away and there are some options which can compensate for the changes. If not then it would mean PConc as a skill is completely dead. Surely they wouldn't just erase a skillset ....
Last edited by BowWizard on Apr 3, 2023, 10:32:20 AM
"
BowWizard wrote:
This is extremely annoying if so. I spent months putting this together, not to mention several hundred divines. I vividly remember a clip from ExileCon (the original one) where GGG said they don't "intentionally" gut any build and yet here we are with exactly that.

The PConc gutting was undeniably intentional. Whatever GGG say, they target skills and abilities that are used by a majority of players and nerf them to mix up the meta. They always have. I almost didn't upload this guide for that reason - I was enjoying the build and didn't want to add to any data they pulled from the game.

However, after 3 full leagues with the build - and especially after Sanctum's version which I'm not sure can be topped - I'm happy to move on to something else. I'll definitely revisit it if they "unnerf" the skill in the future, or someone finds a way around the massive loss of power and QoL.

FYI, I think the changes won't necessarily go through to Standard until next league. Not sure how that works though, to be honest. You might be safe for a while.
Last edited by t0lkien on Apr 3, 2023, 10:27:15 AM
"
t0lkien wrote:
"
BowWizard wrote:
This is extremely annoying if so. I spent months putting this together, not to mention several hundred divines. I vividly remember a clip from ExileCon (the original one) where GGG said they don't "intentionally" gut any build and yet here we are with exactly that.

The PConc gutting was undeniably intentional. Whatever GGG say, they target skills and abilities that are used by a majority of players and nerf them to mix up the meta. They always have. I almost didn't upload this guide for that reason - I was enjoying the build and didn't want to add to any data they pulled from the game.

However, after 3 full leagues with the build - and especially after Sanctum's version which I'm not sure can be topped - I'm happy to move on to something else. I'll definitely revisit it if they "unnerf" the skill in the future, or someone finds a way around the massive loss of power and QoL.

FYI, I think the changes won't necessarily go through to Standard until next league. Not sure how that works though, to be honest. You might be safe for a while.

I'll let you know what it feels like in Standard. There might be an upside there - the rings and gloves with the +1 might be a lot cheaper to get, or then again they might not. TBH I don't need them since DPS is already maxed out.

I've a backup build involving occultist witch+spiders. It's around 27M DPS. If I had Uber gear I could get it to 100M. Thinking I might try the new Vaal Ice Shot (in Standard of course). Looks neat. Since you won't be doing this build what are you thinking of running with ? Hopefully it pans out so I build it in Standard. Your build guide has served me well so I hope to continue following another successful build from you ! Good luck in league.
Just a few notes:

The new Master Alchemist has "50% for flasks you use not to consume charges". That will effectively halve the new cost of Poisonous Concoction. So at endgame with 10 Frenzy Charges, it will mean we only actually consume 5 charges per attack on average. More RNG nonsense, which will make it feel very uneven I suspect. There may be other ways to mitigate that cost as well (though I can't see any right now). It's still 2.5x what it was, and too high.

As well, the change to Chaos Mastery kills our Chaos Resistance, which is always difficult to max.
Last edited by t0lkien on Apr 3, 2023, 10:35:13 PM
Well... i was thinking on return to poe and i wanted to do it with this build. As i see this game stills being a fucking nerf hell, what a shit.
I will put my money on another thing.
Last edited by MildorDArkehn on Apr 4, 2023, 7:32:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info