[3.24] 41 million DPS perma-flask Poisonous Concoction | Pathfinder

Good to hear, if there are any interesting tweaks found along the way, hope we have the general passive pathing to make speccing relatively cheap.
"
Genjitsu wrote:
Good to hear, if there are any interesting tweaks found along the way, hope we have the general passive pathing to make speccing relatively cheap.

I'm hoping we find some new tweaks and league items that help us, because it's feeling a bit tough right now - more info in the 3.22 Update section.

Re. respeccing, this league I'm following the backbone of the endgame tree more closely to avoid a big respec cost each transition. It hasn't impacted the feel of the build early game from what I can tell.
Hello & thanks for the effort that has gone into the guide. They are often thankless passion projects so kudos.

I'm coming back after a couple seasons off and always liked pc having messed around with it some in HC/SSF. Took it right at end of Act I and it performed really well in the campaign (maybe died a couple times) and transitioned very easily into white maps.

Picked up a couple upgrades on AH and was running yellows just fine. Managed to grind enough from alch-&-go to get my current gear which is good enough to do T16, but there are some bosses, layouts, and/or mods that really make you feel annoyed and/or squishy (i.e. enclosed boss in Geode w/ Maven Witness, etc.).

With that said I can't really complain for level of investment thus far (only expensive item was the 6L for 20c) and the fact I haven't even begun investing in clusters or a perfect gem setup. It's still a solid skill for people that like the play style and plenty tanky for most people's needs.

Hello, how do I turn on four auras at once (herald,clarity,haste,purity)?
"
Vaynoe wrote:

You don't yet. You need the Devouring Diadem with its reservation bonuses to do that, and that's basically the builds final form. The first POB only has you using Purity of Elements & Herald of Agony at 84, and the next POB (92) Vaal Grace & Vaal Haste are rotated in so you can use their vaal aspect, not activate them as auras. Low level Clarity looks to be slotted in as an aura if you can fit it along purity + agony, but doubt its essential unless ur oom all the time. If you don't require purity of elements because your resists are high enough as is, then yeah you can activate something different like grace or haste or whatever.
Last edited by WarPig17 on Aug 25, 2023, 1:57:42 PM
"
Vaynoe wrote:

Warpig is correct, but I've also just uploaded a sneaky version that I'm currently using that allows you run both Haste and Purity of Elements (or Determination if you choose), before you get the helm. It's in the 3.22 Update tab on the main post.

"
WarPig17 wrote:
Low level Clarity looks to be slotted in as an aura if you can fit it along purity + agony, but doubt its essential unless ur oom all the time.

This is right, though I like to slot this early not just for the mana regen, but also so it's there and naturally taken into account with upgrades to endgame. We need it to activate the -mana cost Watcher's Eye mod later. The build will suffer mana issues before the helm (which switches our skill usage to consume Shield instead, solving the problem).

My league is going very slowly loot-wise so I've had to go this route in order to facilitate some reasonable level farming. I've not had one decent drop yet. Some others are having much better luck, though, so I think it's just me and not the league generally.
Last edited by t0lkien on Aug 26, 2023, 3:08:59 PM
You seem to be zooming through nicely!
I've started dying relatively frequently now that I've hit early red maps and 100+ delve. A few times were definitely my own fault but others I was wiped out in an instant. Any tips for making my character more durable?

https://pobb.in/5dPuBhmQlGZX

The damage isn't nowhere near yours yet, but still sufficient for the content I'm running

cheers!
"
DrFaustin wrote:
You seem to be zooming through nicely!
I've started dying relatively frequently now that I've hit early red maps and 100+ delve. A few times were definitely my own fault but others I was wiped out in an instant. Any tips for making my character more durable?

https://pobb.in/5dPuBhmQlGZX

The damage isn't nowhere near yours yet, but still sufficient for the content I'm running

cheers!

I'll only say a bit, as I'm sure TOlkien can give you a more comprehensive analysis if/when they have the time:

1) Swap out Vaal Haste for Vaal Grace and find a way to attach Increased Duration Support to it -- gives 12 seconds of extra evade & suppression in sketchy situations and versus tougher elites

2) You have no anointment on your necklace, depriving yourself of either something like extra reservation, extra curse, extra survivability, etc.

3) You're gonna have to kite some of the harder elites (archnemesis, blah) you face, or hit vaal grace and pray, but you are gonna die to these from time to time

4) No temporal chains on hit (snakebite corruption) and/or no asenoth glove blind effect is probably diminishing your survivability somewhat. I'm running asenoth still and its a noticeable defensive boost.

5) Stay as active as you can -- the build is reasonably tanky but standing still is far from optimal with our medium-strong defensive layers. Reminds me of old poison BV or trapper where you're stutter stepping and finding effective running routes constantly.

Hope that helps. Apologies if I overlooked anything or am in error somehow. Cheers.
Last edited by WarPig17 on Aug 30, 2023, 2:26:30 AM
Thanks, I've added vaal grace and will look into the other suggestions you gave
"
DrFaustin wrote:
Thanks, I've added vaal grace and will look into the other suggestions you gave

Couple other things I noticed:

I) Many of your pieces have very low max HP totals, so strive to improve on those lackluster rolls on future items to like +70-100 per piece (unless its unique like alpha's howl, etc.)

II) Your belt can definitely be improved to a decent stygian vise, and a getting an abyss jewel with phasing-on-kill will give you even more uptime on phasing, allowing you to run through packs without fear of withering step fading and you getting stuck & blown up, etc.

Anyway, continued luck with the league. I am currently 97, not running any clusters, can do juiced t16 & all normal pinnacle bosses fine. Things that still kill me occasionally are Syndicate & frenzied Archnemesis rares, but if you manage to stay moving its much less likely. Only expensive thing I'm running is my necklace, which was 6 div at the time, but honestly I don't need it to get similar results, and you can find a scuffed one for a fraction of that if you wanted. I have about 4.5k HP which feels pretty tanky, but not sure of my actual DPS tbh:

Last edited by WarPig17 on Aug 31, 2023, 6:47:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info