Game Mechanics Q&A Answers

I really like getting answers. Will there be a part 2 for the remaining questions?
I would like to add a question to Master Toxicist.
How much poison gets Spread and in what way?

If we kill 5 enemies (2 poisons each) that surround 1 bigger enemy, while drinking, what happens?

A) Big enemy has 1 random x 2sec poison based on the dps of 1 of those poisons.
B) Big enemy has 10 x 2sec poisons.
C) Big enemy has 1 x 2 sec poison with the combined DPS of all 5.

On top of that, did I apply this poison or was it my Skillnode?
If it was me and the Big enemy was not poisoned before, and i killed all 5 smaller enemies frame perfect in 1 hit, does "poisons on non poisoned enemies deal 300% inc dmg" increase the damage ?

Note: the exact order or attack is this:
I hit 5 small enemies and poison them, i hit them again applying another poison stack. They now die (either from another attack by me without applying poison , or they die by poison) simultaniously.

Thanks for the QnA!
"
Assuming you have sufficient Energy Shield to go with soul, and no effects like Mind over Matter or Guard skills causing you to lose other things instead, half of the damage taken from hits will cause you to lose Energy Shield, and half will cause you to lose life. Petrified Blood changes only the amount of life lost.

Correction: half of the non-chaos damage taken from hits...
"
NormieGamer1 wrote:
"
Durf wrote:
I'm sensing some sarcasm here. I'm not going to be that subtle. These are just some of the thousands of questions one could ask about the hidden interactions in this game. Just further confirming the overly bloated state of it all.

If you can't handle a game with depth go play d3

Actually, D3 has more depth in some areas over PoE. In d3, pets are useful. In D3, account bound items/currency enforces a level playing field and abolishes the trade to win cheese like in PoE. Reason why challenges are meaningless wrt player skill in non-ssf.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
"
"
Do all splitting projectiles from Sniper's Mark come back and hit the original target when using a returning projectile skill like Spectral Throw or only a few?

None of the returning projectiles will necessarily hit that target when returning - returning sends them back to you (or whatever fired the projectiles if that's a totem or similar), not to where they split.
If that target is in the way of some of the returning projectiles then one of them can hit it but the others will not.

So in the case of using Fury Valve which causes all projectiles to split from where your projectile hits instead, projectiles are meant to return to the player or the point where they split from?
"
Why don't Damage over Time effects shatter already frozen enemies?

Because shattering something requires an impact to break the ice.

Brilliant! 🙄

As if GGG ever cared about game mechanics resembling real life even remotely.

In PoE it's useless to try to deduce how some or other particular mechanics actually works, comparing to real life doesn't work, you MUST receive direct explanation from the developers.
"
Actually, D3 has more depth in some areas over PoE. In d3, pets are useful. In D3, account bound items/currency enforces a level playing field and abolishes the trade to win cheese like in PoE.

Lol, like 99% of PoE players who can afford paying for games played D3 already.

So please don't tell us what D3 can do and what not, and also how great a game it is. 🤦
Thank you for this!
"
bottlewisp wrote:
"
What is the radius of Profane Bloom explosions?

Does it scale with modifiers to area of effect?

Yes.

The only question they should answer is; why the fuck do they not include simillar ^ in the tooltips? Is digging up forum posts part of the game?

Or at least GGG make a website with all the official info about game mechanics, so that we won't spend hours of our lives searching for answers on the internet.

Is that such a difficult task ffs?
"
Beglets wrote:
"
bottlewisp wrote:
"
What is the radius of Profane Bloom explosions?

Does it scale with modifiers to area of effect?

Yes.

The only question they should answer is; why the fuck do they not include simillar ^ in the tooltips? Is digging up forum posts part of the game?

Or at least GGG make a website with all the official info about game mechanics, so that we won't spend hours of our lives searching for answers on the internet.

Is that such a difficult task ffs?

I think this boils down to what Chris and the Devs consider "worth it". Its the same with PoB, PoEdb, Craft of Exile, and other 3rd party (many qol), types of supplements. Up to this point GGG is happy to farm off the information, free of cost.

My personal opinion is that some of these tools are vital, and have vital information (that you cannot get in-game), and for those, GGG should have in-house structures in place. I think its ridiculous at the moment.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info