0.10.6 Patch Notes

"
Torguemada wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
The reason I referred to more than two totems is because we have uniques lined up for the future that increase the count further.

Carl tweeted today: https://twitter.com/QarldeV/status/322121921179316225

On one hand that sounds cool if maybe sligtly OP, on the other hand doesn't this quite heavily marginalize the current passive that allows second totem.

The unique will probably have some serious penalties, something like '-90% item quantity', that will punch totem farmers right in the nutsacks.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Apr 11, 2013, 1:36:36 PM
"
raics wrote:
"
Torguemada wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
The reason I referred to more than two totems is because we have uniques lined up for the future that increase the count further.

Carl tweeted today: https://twitter.com/QarldeV/status/322121921179316225

On one hand that sounds cool if maybe sligtly OP, on the other hand doesn't this quite heavily marginalize the current passive that allows second totem.

The unique will probably have some serious penalties, something like '-90% item quantity', that will punch totem farmers right in the nutsacks.

My guess is the the penalty will be "Cannot use traps or raise minions" so if you want to run 3 totems, all you can use are totems - nothing else.
IGN: PuppiesThrowingKnives
Three totems would be too OP, don't make that happen GGG
Awesome! Pretty stoked to try this new skill out with a pure totem build.
"

My guess is the the penalty will be "Cannot use traps or raise minions" so if you want to run 3 totems, all you can use are totems - nothing else.

That was my thought, but I feel it might need to be more than that as lots of builds will then be dual totem just because they don't do traps/minions already. However if the item is sufficiently terrible in other regards (maybe even going as far as more downsides like -% health) then it'd probably be fine.
After experiencing both melee and range I agree completely with the lightning thorns change.
Current IGN: twitchtvTheuberelite

http://twitch.tv/theuberelite - I stream sometimes.
Searing bond : Genius ! (very creative idea)
More content in a month than D3 has pushed out in half a year
Can you fix the IIR and IIQ from gems for bonus on kill regarding ignite? The reason I dont focus on ignite / burning damage is because I cant get max IIR and IIQ on it. I'd rather have less ignite damage right now to allow a greater chance for Fireball to finish them off.

Edit: To relate this to the patch, I am a fire mage, and I probably wont use the new searing bond skill, which was designed for me since I use Searing Touch and only fire spells.
IGN: Cimos_Baller
Last edited by Cimos21 on Apr 11, 2013, 3:32:45 PM
"
Cimos21 wrote:
Edit: To relate this to the patch, I am a fire mage, and I probably wont use the new searing bond skill, which was designed for me since I use Searing Touch and only fire spells.

I don't think it was designed for existing builds, cause existing builds are fine, I mean, do you really have space or time to use another skill anyway? I don't, and you said you won't use it.

I do however think it might make trap builds viable and strong.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info