0.10.6 Patch Notes

Uh what the hell. Lightning thorns is fine against slow attacks, but it's stupid against anything with a decent attack speed. I just died to lightning thorns against some blues mobs with incinerate. Incinerate's cast speed for me is around 8 per second. I use it with LMP as well, so I was just obliterated. By the time I saw my health go down below safe threshold, stopped casting incinerate, spamming my instant flask, it was too late. 4k hp gone nearly instantly. That's with 80% lightning res, too.

Because of the way it works, I don't even feel like doing maps in the chance to roll those mobs because there is absolutely nothing I can do about it.

10.5 patch was amazing, but this one breaks my entire build because it doesn't reflect damage proportional to damage dealt. I guess I'll have to retire this character as well. :/
HowCouldThisHappenToMee (Hardcore Talisman)
"
bassdoken wrote:
Uh what the hell. Lightning thorns is fine against slow attacks, but it's stupid against anything with a decent attack speed. I just died to lightning thorns against some blues mobs with incinerate. Incinerate's cast speed for me is around 8 per second. I use it with LMP as well, so I was just obliterated. By the time I saw my health go down below safe threshold, stopped casting incinerate, spamming my instant flask, it was too late. 4k hp gone nearly instantly. That's with 80% lightning res, too.

Because of the way it works, I don't even feel like doing maps in the chance to roll those mobs because there is absolutely nothing I can do about it.

10.5 patch was amazing, but this one breaks my entire build because it doesn't reflect damage proportional to damage dealt. I guess I'll have to retire this character as well. :/

Sounds like thorns now may break all kinds of builds... :/
Find a way to deal with it
To all those complaining about lighting thorns.

WELCOME TO THE LIFE OF A MELEE CHARACTER! MUAHAHAAHA!

This obviously made melee more viable and increased their survivability.

No.

Seriously.

Lightning Thorns was and is OP, but before only melee really knew this.

FEEL NO PAIN!

(Brb spamming Leap Slam with 26% Instant Life Leech and 85% all resists)
Ign: TheMidgetCow (Level 88.8 CI Leapslam Templar --- Default)
TheMidgetCowAmbush (Level 91.7 Buzzsaw Ranger --- Ambush)
TheMidgetCowBurns (Level X LowLife RF Scion --- Ambush)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/348309/page/1 --- Legacy Guide to CI Leapslam Templar
I dont get the complaints, physical reflect is much worse than thorns!
"
Midnightgem wrote:
To all those complaining about lighting thorns.

WELCOME TO THE LIFE OF A MELEE CHARACTER! MUAHAHAAHA!

This obviously made melee more viable and increased their survivability.

No.

Seriously.

Lightning Thorns was and is OP, but before only melee really knew this.

FEEL NO PAIN!

(Brb spamming Leap Slam with 26% Instant Life Leech and 85% all resists)

I don't think nerfing ranged is the way to go to fix melee
"
tat0010 wrote:
Nope. D2 LOD is second to Gauntlet.
Gauntlet rulez!!!!
"Your life force is running out"

Red Wizard needs health Badly.

Red Wizard is about to die!

Red wizard has died.
Hey...is this thing on?
One way to fix lightning thorns without changing the damage would be to make it so that LT procs no more than, say, once per second per monster.

This way super-fast attackers won't get owned more than slow attackers, and multi-projectile/chain characters will only get hit once for each monster in a pack per second. The proc rate would need to be ajusted to make it fun, once per second might be too easy.

Second way to fix lightning thorns would be that the LT dispels itself after it procs once. In this scenario the cast rate of the mages would need to be reajusted to take this into account, because currently it would be too low.

Last edited by Thalandor on Apr 16, 2013, 1:40:17 PM
"
Thalandor wrote:
One way to fix lightning thorns without changing the damage would be to make it so that LT procs no more than, say, once per second per monster.

This way super-fast attackers won't get owned more than slow attackers, and multi-projectile/chain characters will only get hit once for each monster in a pack per second. The proc rate would need to be ajusted to make it fun, once per second might be too easy.

Second way to fix lightning thorns would be that the LT dispels itself after it procs once. In this scenario the cast rate of the mages would need to be reajusted to take this into account, because currently it would be too low.

I disagree on your second suggestion, I believe that no matter how you change lightning thorns pairing that change with increasing their cast speed is deadly in any case.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info