[3.24] CWDT Ward Loop Scion, very easy guide [15 divines]

"
anton2k4 wrote:
I'm wondering if someone could point me to the next upgrade path. i'm currently at 4 flasks with rare ring and 27 cdr thanks to a lucky orb of conflict hit. should i start saving up for the omni respec or is there a way to increase dps for the meantime without having to blow my divines?

this is my current POB for those interested to take a look - https://pastebin.com/BDk2QQ4W

Few ideas (just eyeballing, so I might miss something):
- increase curse limit, and use Frostbite (annoint or Occultist Forbidden jewels - those should still be cheap)
- go double cluster (I know your current tree is recommended in guide, and for low budget it´s fine, but nowhere near optimal) Going down to socket near Point Blank is best, grab Mark cluster nearby. Basically, Omni tree without stat increases.
- Unnatural Instinct in socket near recoup nodes, get recoup on ring, and optimize pathing accordingly
- ice spear helm enchant
- and the biggest upgrade, fix your trigger setup to get 21 skeletons (20 skellies, empower, 20 div cwdt), and get chaos res - currently you are taking over 500 dmg each cycle, so about 2500 dps - that puts massive strain on your recoup.

If you dont have high budget, Omni is kinda overrated.
Even at the 300 div PoB level here in the guide it sucks - I have a bit less than that in the build (at current prices), and without omni and at 100% suppress I get over 90 mil ice spear dps without much optimization.
In my opinion, curse changes relegated omni to multimirror territory for wardloop.
"
"
anton2k4 wrote:
I'm wondering if someone could point me to the next upgrade path. i'm currently at 4 flasks with rare ring and 27 cdr thanks to a lucky orb of conflict hit. should i start saving up for the omni respec or is there a way to increase dps for the meantime without having to blow my divines?

this is my current POB for those interested to take a look - https://pastebin.com/BDk2QQ4W

Few ideas (just eyeballing, so I might miss something):
- increase curse limit, and use Frostbite (annoint or Occultist Forbidden jewels - those should still be cheap)
- go double cluster (I know your current tree is recommended in guide, and for low budget it´s fine, but nowhere near optimal) Going down to socket near Point Blank is best, grab Mark cluster nearby. Basically, Omni tree without stat increases.
- Unnatural Instinct in socket near recoup nodes, get recoup on ring, and optimize pathing accordingly
- ice spear helm enchant
- and the biggest upgrade, fix your trigger setup to get 21 skeletons (20 skellies, empower, 20 div cwdt), and get chaos res - currently you are taking over 500 dmg each cycle, so about 2500 dps - that puts massive strain on your recoup.

If you dont have high budget, Omni is kinda overrated.
Even at the 300 div PoB level here in the guide it sucks - I have a bit less than that in the build (at current prices), and without omni and at 100% suppress I get over 90 mil ice spear dps without much optimization.
In my opinion, curse changes relegated omni to multimirror territory for wardloop.

thank you for the quick reply! yeah, i'm thinking of going double clusters as well. i'll be playing around with POB and see what i come up with. completely forgot that marks and curses are considered the same when it comes to curse limits so that one's on me. appreciate all the help
Last edited by anton2k4 on Jan 10, 2023, 10:18:02 AM
"
"
hsiao421 wrote:
Hi, I am stuck, the loop doesn't start and I am puzzled as to why :( Could you look at my profile? Thanks!

primary reason: you have reduced skeleton duration too much. You either get 59% from Dusts, or 34% from Dusts and the Window of Opportunity cluster - you did both

secondary reason: you have too much chaos res, so even after fixing the primary issue, your Ice spear will only run at half speed. Either get more life, or less chaos res (-31 is sweet spot for your current gear)

"
Hey,

I am only level 72 but can't seem to get the loop to go. Can anyone take a quick look? Character name is YNWA in my profile

Remove mastery at Window of Opportunity cluster, that is only used for 27% CDR breakpoint, and will brick the build otherwise

Thanks! That did the trick !
"
Memeraldick wrote:
Hello fellow ward loop enjoyers.

Great build, I really liked it.
If it weren't for one problem. Sometimes entering the map I swap weapons and the loop just kills me. I can go back to the same map in the same place and loop runs fine. I can not understand why. For example, the last time this happened on Sirus arena. Any ideas?

Bump
Hello guys, trying to make my first cwdt build ever and following Akshay´s forum guide. How important is the roll on Olroth´s flask? it surprises me that the one used on the 100 div PoB has 47% increased charges used when people usually aim for 40% ones. And also, what do we need in order to use 4 flask setup instead of 3?
"
Memeraldick wrote:
"
Memeraldick wrote:

If it weren't for one problem. Sometimes entering the map I swap weapons and the loop just kills me. I can go back to the same map in the same place and loop runs fine. I can not understand why. For example, the last time this happened on Sirus arena. Any ideas?

Bump

Well, the calculator is linked in the guide, and when you put your stats in, answer is obvious.
To spell it out: you take 900 (!!!) dmg each cycle from your FR. That means, chance of you dying before recoup catches up are pretty high.

Solution: get more chaos res. For your current setup, between 18 and 21 is a sweet spot.
As always, when changing gear, check calculator (returnx.github.io/cwdt)

"
MrWay wrote:
Hello guys, trying to make my first cwdt build ever and following Akshay´s forum guide. How important is the roll on Olroth´s flask? it surprises me that the one used on the 100 div PoB has 47% increased charges used when people usually aim for 40% ones. And also, what do we need in order to use 4 flask setup instead of 3?

Olroth roll does not matter that much in most cases, as long as you are running two flask clusters. When buying one, I would suggest going for 57 charges one, as that is pretty cheap and will be good enough for most uses.
As a rule of thumb, every 1 less charge used on Olroth increases flask uptime by approx 2%.

It only really matters when you go for 5 flasks, or 4 flasks with 1 flask cluster, then you need every little bit of sustain.

As for 4 flasks - it´s in the guide:) You need to get enough charges gained and flask duration, that´s done by better clusters, Restraint with 2-3 charges gained on notables, flask duration jewels, good belt with flask duration...
Last edited by Cahir_aep_Ceallach on Jan 10, 2023, 3:46:21 PM
is it worth using nimis or no?
"

"
MrWay wrote:

Olroth roll does not matter that much in most cases, as long as you are running two flask clusters. When buying one, I would suggest going for 57 charges one, as that is pretty cheap and will be good enough for most uses.
As a rule of thumb, every 1 less charge used on Olroth increases flask uptime by approx 2%.

It only really matters when you go for 5 flasks, or 4 flasks with 1 flask cluster, then you need every little bit of sustain.

As for 4 flasks - it´s in the guide:) You need to get enough charges gained and flask duration, that´s done by better clusters, Restraint with 2-3 charges gained on notables, flask duration jewels, good belt with flask duration...

Thanks for the help Cahir_aep_Ceallach!
Last edited by MrWay on Jan 10, 2023, 4:10:42 PM
"
"
Memeraldick wrote:
"
Memeraldick wrote:

Bump

Well, the calculator is linked in the guide, and when you put your stats in, answer is obvious.
To spell it out: you take 900 (!!!) dmg each cycle from your FR. That means, chance of you dying before recoup catches up are pretty high.

Solution: get more chaos res. For your current setup, between 18 and 21 is a sweet spot.
As always, when changing gear, check calculator (returnx.github.io/cwdt)

Somehow it didn't even occur to me that this could be the reason, I'm not the brightest as you may have realized :)

Thank you so much for your help. Just imagine how I played this build all this time. I feel like I moved from an old car whose engine started with 3-4 tries to a brand new one.
"
Memeraldick wrote:

Somehow it didn't even occur to me that this could be the reason, I'm not the brightest as you may have realized :)

Thank you so much for your help. Just imagine how I played this build all this time. I feel like I moved from an old car whose engine started with 3-4 tries to a brand new one.

Meh, it´s a complicated build, with a lot of ways to make a mistake and not even realize it, so don´t worry:)

...and yes, I wondered how the hell were you able to play like this, because it must have been... painful.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info