Lightning Damage: Overpowered?

I killed that boss OP was talking about with fire traps (played Shadow and had a blast with it) and it was intensely annoying. That was the time when the potion system of this game made sense to me.
"
Djohm23 wrote:
I love all these people saying that resist will help you with spark bosses. I just have to laugh as i got one shot by spark bosses with FULL lightning resist on numerous times on my way to merciless/chaos.

Regardless if your uber class/passives combo allows you to live through these attacks easily, others have a BIG issue with this, especially rangers i believe as their access to more hitpoint and elemental resist passives is limited.

While i dont think that any drastic changes need to be made..this IS something that should be at least looked into by the devs.

I kinda agree.. I had a total of 70% lightning resist and just did the dungeon with all those lightning mobs..it took me at least 15 deaths until I could beat that room with all the necromancers, since they summoned the spark casters all the time and my whole screen was spammed with lightning everywhere. This was on a Level 22 Ranger and normal, I think this is a little bit too hard for the first difficulty. I don't want it nerfed too much, but it should be looked into by devs.
I think lightning is as it was in Diablo II.... ANNOYING. I still remember the lightning enchanted monsters like Rakanishu (or whatever it's spelled like).

You can deal with it, but most of the times it fucks you up that you feel the need to rage.
"
lupasvasile wrote:
I think lightning is as it was in Diablo II.... ANNOYING. I still remember the lightning enchanted monsters like Rakanishu (or whatever it's spelled like).

You can deal with it, but most of the times it fucks you up that you feel the need to rage.

You just defined by how "fun" is occured !
"This is too good for you, very powerful ! You want - You take"
Rage = Fun

Wracking my brains trying to figure out the logic in this statement.
"
Djohm23 wrote:
Rage = Fun

Ermmm... Perhaps emotional stimulation would be a better way of putting it? If you aren't emotionally invested in the action, then there's little point to playing. Stress, rage, even withering contempt for one's virtual enemies all add verisimilitude to the game, and thus, to the fun. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
Djohm23 wrote:
Rage = Fun

Ermmm... Perhaps emotional stimulation would be a better way of putting it? If you aren't emotionally invested in the action, then there's little point to playing. Stress, rage, even withering contempt for one's virtual enemies all add verisimilitude to the game, and thus, to the fun. =^[.]^=

Also, http://dwarffortresswiki.org/images/4/40/FunComic.png

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info