Lightning Damage: Overpowered?

Lightning Skeletons in Chamber Of Sins LVL 3 are overpowered. Lightning damage, in general, is overpowered.

Don't even get me started about that God Totem boss in The Ledge. It's OK to have some tough bosses, for added challenge, but the lightning damage needs to be reduced with about 25%. I've finished Act 1 with 3 different characters and each of them had serious "lightning issues" at a time when, by the way, lightning resistance is hard to find.
My article promoting PoE:
http://www.axonnsays.com/2013/01/you-are-invited-to-the-path-of-exile-open-beta

Running PoE on an Intel i5 2500K, Radeon 7950 OC, SSD Vertex 3 MI, 8 GB RAM.
I'm also a Software Engineer and Indie Game Developer ::- ). Go Go GGG!!!
"
Kyliathy wrote:
Lightning Skeletons in Chamber Of Sins LVL 3 are overpowered. Lightning damage, in general, is overpowered.

Don't even get me started about that God Totem boss in The Ledge. It's OK to have some tough bosses, for added challenge, but the lightning damage needs to be reduced with about 25%. I've finished Act 1 with 3 different characters and each of them had serious "lightning issues" at a time when, by the way, lightning resistance is hard to find.

getting lightning resistance is not hard at all... u can craft some rings with resist with this info here:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/15223

and i certainly do not wan any bosses to be nerf just becos it is difficult to kill...
34pre98qua
Last edited by stkmro on May 18, 2012, 12:39:24 PM
Challenging bosses are fine (I definitely don't want them nerfed), but lightning damage is overpowered and permanently wearing lightning resistance wastes inventory slots which could be used for something better. Is it not?

Last edited by Kyliathy on May 18, 2012, 12:49:26 PM
Lightning is certainly not overpowered, if anything, other things are underpowered.

(stop trying to casual my game)
You can always bring 2 lightning resist rings with you - 60% resists - they take only 2 inv slots and you can switch whenever you like. I always have a set of spare rings at me in case I'd run into some difficult bosses or an area like Chamber of sins.

To be honest Chambers of Sin was the only elemental heavy area where I did needed the to swap my rings up to lightning resist ones cause it was that much crowded with those lightning skeles, but it's cool.

I think we need more elemental heavy areas like Chambers of Sin in Act 3 as I utterly enjoy playing with my elemental resists and gearing up to face my foes.
Last edited by saki04 on May 18, 2012, 1:12:48 PM
I think Lightning and Fire are underpowered and Cold is overpowered. I never had an issue with fire fury or the false god, but cold monsters always gave me issues. I find max cold resist is essential in the current state of the game, but i can get by with 20-30% lightning or fire resists.
It is really interesting and sad to see that people 99% of the time that they will never look into themselves (characters' power) and see if any op situation is viable, but it only matters when the situation becomes vice versa as of now ?

I mean it, why no one (never-almost at best) will never open a thread regarding the OP'ness of their own characters, and its unfairness as expected truth to be told.

It is getting even more so god damn hard to see threads like "x thing (character related) is OP, and need a nerf".

And this should be noted imo.
"This is too good for you, very powerful ! You want - You take"
Last edited by BrecMadak on May 18, 2012, 1:29:48 PM
You're doing it wrong. I haven't had any problems with Kuduku, Chatters, Fire Fury, Merviel, Brutus, cold skellies, fire skellies, lightning skellies...
itsalljustagame.wordpress.com - my blog about all things gaming - Current project - "Communal effort" - Game design by popular vote!
Doing it wrong has nothing to do with it. I didn't say I died or couldn't kill those bosses.

But I still believe Lightning damage is OP.

"
Kyliathy wrote:
Doing it wrong has nothing to do with it. I didn't say I died or couldn't kill those bosses.

But I still believe Lightning damage is OP.

I didn't say you did die, or that you couldn't kill them.

I said, I haven't had any problems. Lightning damage isn't overpowered, if it doesn't *do* anything significant.

"OMG, ranged attackers are OP, they can shoot!"
"Well, no, not in an enviroment with flicker strike, fireballs, leap slam, teleport (etc etc etc...)"
"well, yes, there's all that stuff. But c'mon, they can *shoot*, it's clearly OP!"
"uh...... ... ..."
itsalljustagame.wordpress.com - my blog about all things gaming - Current project - "Communal effort" - Game design by popular vote!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info