[3.20] Lightning Trap Saboteur | League Starter | Endgame Bosser | 4+mil dps on a 5link.

Well, I’m forced to do so for the time being, is it normal that the skill cannot be pressed? because of the support skill ... I took into account what you wrote about the level.
"
daezur231 wrote:
Well, I’m forced to do so for the time being, is it normal that the skill cannot be pressed? because of the support skill ... I took into account what you wrote about the level.

Yes, Cast When Damage Taken Support prevents the skill from being used manually, and instead triggers it automatically when you take enough damage. If you can manually cast the steelskin, then that means either the steelskin is too high of a level or the CWDT support isnt a high enough level. The CWDT says what level requirement for gems it can support at its current level. Higher level CWDT can support higher level gems, but takes more damage overall before it triggers the skill, which is why you dont want to level the CWDT all the way to 20
How to craft a chant for a trap in a helmet?
Last edited by daezur231 on May 28, 2022, 10:12:28 PM
"
daezur231 wrote:

The Pierce enchant is a lab enchant, you get a chance for it at the end of The eternal labyrinth. You might be searching for it wrong on the trade site. I have no issues finding any listed. might be harder to find on a helm you want though.
"
daezur231 wrote:

There are over 600 seperate helmet enchantments you could find in the eternal labarynth, with each lab you run typically taking an average player more than 10min each for a single enchantment. Gift of the Goddess is unrealistically hard for most players, especially when you are still missing key items for your build, and costs more each than the enchanted helmet bases are worth. Its very unreasonable to farm lab for hundred(s) of hours to enchant a helmet you already have when you can simply buy a helmet base that dropped for someone else for less than an exalt.

DO NOT CRAFT ON A HELMET THAT DOESNT HAVE THE ENCHANTMENT, IT'S NOT WORTH IT.

Buying helmets with the enchantment is pretty reasonable, after which point you can begin investing currency to craft it up. It may be intimidating having to add influence to an item just so you can start crafting it, especially when you are short on currency, but it simply isn't worth spending the currency and unrealistic amount of time crafting a helmet that isnt enchanted. You can use this link to look at helmet bases with a high enough item level to be worth crafting on.

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Sentinel/ye69pWqhR
Hi been following the guide and got things going quiet ok. Good and fun Build so far.

I would like to ask you how you are getting all that crit? In the post you mention 48% added crit per power charge. I see the 8% from the tree but where do you get the other 40%? My Lightning Trap has ~48% crit with 8 power charges. Can't find my mistake.

"
carnag3 wrote:
Hi been following the guide and got things going quiet ok. Good and fun Build so far.

I would like to ask you how you are getting all that crit? In the post you mention 48% added crit per power charge. I see the 8% from the tree but where do you get the other 40%? My Lightning Trap has ~48% crit with 8 power charges. Can't find my mistake.

Power charges by default give 40% increased global critical strike chance. Thats all that power charges do by default. Frenzy charges by default give 4% MORE damage and 4% attack/cast/movement speed. Endurance charges by default give 4% ele res and 4% physycal damage reduction. In your character sheet (C) in the charges tab you can see what charges do for you.

Im not quite sure if charge specific modifiers on support gems show up in that tab, even if you have the skill (Lightning Trap) selected. I'd have to go in game to check.
Last edited by Ekule731 on May 30, 2022, 12:34:24 AM
Righteous fire and vaal
When should these skills be used? I almost never use them at all, if I use the usual one-shot, I just don’t use Vaal

Last edited by daezur231 on May 30, 2022, 6:07:43 PM
"
daezur231 wrote:
Righteous fire and vaal
When should these skills be used? I almost never use them at all, if I use the usual one-shot, I just don’t use Vaal

The normal righteous fire skill causes us to burn for a massive amount of damage for a massive spell damage boost. The problem is that it lasts until either you reach 1 life (which while it won't technically kill you, is a death sentence in combat), or if you can remove burning (its not classified as ignite, which is a type of burning our ascendancy makes us completely immune to). Due to the massive amount of difficult to stop damage over time I do not recommend using the normal version of righteous fire (even if the damage is insane)

Unlike the normal version, vaal righteous fire does all of its damage at once. This is fine particularly in encounters where we can prefire our traps. With our maximum number of traps on the ground, we can hit vaal RF right before the boss is damagable, lose the majority of our life/es, then become full life/es the instant the enemy is damagable with all of our traps going off simultaneously. If done correctly its as if it doesn't damage us at all. I dont recommend hitting it outside of boss encounters where we can prefire.
Hi. I'm following your build and I have doubts about what direction I should take in the skill tree. i'm at 17 right now and I just reached the point where I can go left or right. Which one should I take it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info