[3.20] Lightning Trap Saboteur | League Starter | Endgame Bosser | 4+mil dps on a 5link.

i really loved the build, im having a lot of fun :D

https://pastebin.com/jJ5jBS38 this is my pob

Any ideas how to improve this? Pls dont tell me the next upgrade is the Mageblood xD

Love u and thanks for helping!!!!!

EDIT: Dont worry, i sold it all to make a Righteous fire build xD
Last edited by tiagoman on Jan 12, 2023, 9:31:09 PM
Thanks for making this build! Last time I played lightning trapper was around 10 leagues ago, so wanted to give it another try since it was one of my favourite builds ever.

Started this after getting some money as CB wander and am currently looking at upgrades, got about 40 divines.

https://pastebin.com/SmXFNWic

Currently level 94, 9m+ pob dps.

Trying to see which upgrades I can afford next, currently looking at:
>+3/+4 Tinkerskin
>Max life, high life stygian vise
>Synthesis base power charge rings but will probably have to try to farm or harvest these myself
>Additional curse Badge of the Brotherhood but will cost probably way more than 40D
>Boots enchant but I just hate the running lab
>Better helmet, current one was a test for awakener orb/warlord exalt since I have never used those before
>More and better jewels
>Elemental damage quality to weapons via Harvest

I think those are pretty much the upgrades I can do but will probably take a while. Having a great time and while there are some deaths, build does not feel anywhere near as squishy as the last time I played :)

Edit/update 21/01: Now level 97 with 11.3m POB dps https://pastebin.com/vbQi666p

Edit/update 2, 23/01: 15.2m POB dps with couple changes (Pinnacle boss, without flasks being active) https://pastebin.com/1rZ0FxDb

Since additional curse Badge of the Brotherhood is too rare, started using Anathema for 3rd curse Conductivity + cast speed and for a few additional skill points that I unspecced from using Whispers of Doom. Since I have awakened lightning penetration, didn't feel bad about dropping Wave of Conviction from Brand setup. Could have more curses since 10 curse limit (for defense for example enfeeble+temporal chain but bit of a pain to use).

Didn't feel too squishy so I used the 5 points for Heart of Thunder routing. (Could also for example go for the Golem nodes under Hexmaster (100% golem buff effectiveness and additional golem) and sacrifice 1 life node for jewel slot next of High Voltage if you don't want to deviate too much from the original tree and like golems for damage or defense).

Also got level 3 Enlighten to have just enough mana to drop Summon Skitterbots mana reservation mastery and allocate 5% chance for 4 additional traps throw.

Better helmet and having lightning damage boots enchant would put put me on 17m PoB DPS. Then I would mainly need to start aiming for additional power charge gear.
Last edited by Realshing on Jan 23, 2023, 12:20:22 PM
thx
Thanks for the built, i have a lot of fun with.

As alternate Helmet i feel well with Helmet WILLCLASH and with Amu THE EPHEMERAL BOND.
Its cheaper as the bis stuff.

what do you think ? did i miss something ?
Last edited by Mitsekatse on Jan 23, 2023, 11:17:49 AM
Hiya, I am loving the build so far but I am somewhat struggling with procuring better gear. I am sitting at roughly 3.9mil dps and have no idea what i can do to increase it further. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

I have 6 Divines that I can use to enhance the build more, and heres the PoB:
https://pastebin.com/Kp4XmYyY
"
CheezusCrusty wrote:
Hiya, I am loving the build so far but I am somewhat struggling with procuring better gear. I am sitting at roughly 3.9mil dps and have no idea what i can do to increase it further. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

I have 6 Divines that I can use to enhance the build more, and heres the PoB:
https://pastebin.com/Kp4XmYyY

I am not the creator of the build but I noticed a few things that could be ok:
I would for now NOT use the medium cluster jewel in your large cluster jewel and instead directly insert the Watcher's eye to your large cluster jewel. Use the medium cluster jewel points to put into High Voltage next to Whispers of doom and get the Mastery for 15% shock effectiveness (would give you critical strike chance and better shock for more damage)

You might also want to enable Shock, ignite, burning and chill in the PoB settings (you're not counting in the ascendancy damage bonus, Explosives Expert on PoB)

The rings I would swap out for cast speed rings, would increase your damage quite a bit and even possibly the feel of the build. Depending on how you feel about your survivability, you might not need quite as much resistances at this time (You're nicely overcapped on elemental resistances and your chaos resistance is quite high as well).

+2 projectile or trap gems corrupted 6 link Tinkerskin could be good (+2 to lightning trap gem level) but right now the trade seems to be a bit low on those. I bought mine for 2.5 divines back when I bought mine. Could also try your luck with tainted fusings but that can get quite annoying.

Also, if you can get divergent lightning trap, the quality effect is super nice for both clearing and damage (Will not show on PoB unless you write custom notes but you will absolutely notice while playing).

Awakened lightning damage level 5 is only 60-80 chaos and would give you +1 gem level as well (more gem levels, more flat lightning damage on lightning trap). Awakened lightning penetration is also decent but not super important right now.

Your crit chance is currently quite low for a crit build, so might want to try a diamond flask for a little bit while working towards the Forbidden Flesh/Flame The unstable infusion combo for +1 power charge. (If you get 3 levels without respeccing anything, you can get 2 jewel sockets for those)

Could switch your Maelström Glisten for life + crit multiplier jewel and your abyss jewel for life + fire spell damage + crit multi jewel.

I would also switch the "traps cannot be damaged" to "60% increases trap trigger area of effect" or at least for "Can have up to 5 additional traps placed at the same time"

Not sure if these are helpful but maybe a little bit? If someone way more knowledgeable comes along, they can offer better advice.

Edit: Also about your flasks, I would usually not advise using the "Reused at the end of this flask's effect"-enchant since if boss fights take longer, you will just be using these flasks up even if you don't want to. Generally, use "Used when charges reach full"-enchant, since it is pretty much full time on for mapping and can be used more sparingly for bosses if needed. Of course, depends on your preference.
Last edited by Realshing on Jan 23, 2023, 3:07:25 PM
"
Realshing wrote:

I would for now NOT use the medium cluster jewel in your large cluster jewel and instead directly insert the Watcher's eye to your large cluster jewel. Use the medium cluster jewel points to put into High Voltage next to Whispers of doom and get the Mastery for 15% shock effectiveness (would give you critical strike chance and better shock for more damage)...

Thank you very much for all the help, I followed basically everything you said to do and my dps went from 3.9mil to 5.9mil which was a drastic increase so thank you very much. Also, I do not actually have a point into "traps cannot be damaged" and have already specced into the two alternatives you suggested.

Lastly, I am now saving up for the forbidden flame/flesh combo while i try to level.

I think I spent 4 divines which was entirely on the tinkerskin with +2 trap/mine gems. and then I spent roughly 450c for everything else combined. Here is my new PoB after all these changes:

https://pastebin.com/QQehVV3K

*Edit: I also realise that when I did fix the calculation settings and whatnot for burn, chill shocked etc, that my dps went up by another 500k, not changing the final value i already mentioned, i just forgot to mention that I did change it. Thanks again,
Last edited by CheezusCrusty on Jan 24, 2023, 5:55:51 AM
"
CheezusCrusty wrote:
"
Realshing wrote:

I would for now NOT use the medium cluster jewel in your large cluster jewel and instead directly insert the Watcher's eye to your large cluster jewel. Use the medium cluster jewel points to put into High Voltage next to Whispers of doom and get the Mastery for 15% shock effectiveness (would give you critical strike chance and better shock for more damage)...

Thank you very much for all the help, I followed basically everything you said to do and my dps went from 3.9mil to 5.9mil which was a drastic increase so thank you very much. Also, I do not actually have a point into "traps cannot be damaged" and have already specced into the two alternatives you suggested.

Lastly, I am now saving up for the forbidden flame/flesh combo while i try to level.

I think I spent 4 divines which was entirely on the tinkerskin with +2 trap/mine gems. and then I spent roughly 450c for everything else combined. Here is my new PoB after all these changes:

https://pastebin.com/QQehVV3K

*Edit: I also realise that when I did fix the calculation settings and whatnot for burn, chill shocked etc, that my dps went up by another 500k, not changing the final value i already mentioned, i just forgot to mention that I did change it. Thanks again,

Great to hear and looking good! One thing about the updated POB, you can also input your "shock effectiveness" to 50 or 65 due to the max shock effectiveness mastery (You do not have the Overshock from large cluster jewel right now, so the effectiveness is a bit reduced). But should still bring you to 7-7.5m enabling that since that is one of the higher damage mechanics in the build. Would be good to start using the large cluster jewel to replace the medium jewel when you get the points or if you feel like you can respec couple points for it.

And one thing I noticed about your brand setup, are you using Sniper's mark mainly or assassin's mark? Assassin's mark would be more constant overall DPS against bosses due to higher crit chance.
"
Realshing wrote:

And one thing I noticed about your brand setup, are you using Sniper's mark mainly or assassin's mark? Assassin's mark would be more constant overall DPS against bosses due to higher crit chance.

I was swapping back and forth a lot because I was unable to determine at which point in the build I am supposed to swap to sniper's mark. But mostly snipers mark. Do you think swapping back to assassins mark would be more beneficial?
"
CheezusCrusty wrote:
"
Realshing wrote:

I was swapping back and forth a lot because I was unable to determine at which point in the build I am supposed to swap to sniper's mark. But mostly snipers mark. Do you think swapping back to assassins mark would be more beneficial?

The Sniper's Mark is mainly meant when you are pretty much capped on crit chance without using Assassin's mark, so for now I would use the Assassin's mark. Since we are a crit build with loads of crit multiplier, any non-critical hits deal a fraction of our usual damage.

In your PoB, you're at 73,62% crit chance while at 92,88% with Assassin's Mark (against bosses or higher health rares). When you start being at 90% crit chance (or above) without Assassin's Mark, Sniper's Mark really starts being worh using.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info