[3.20] Lightning Trap Saboteur | League Starter | Endgame Bosser | 4+mil dps on a 5link.

"
Jaissai212 wrote:
Ok so i've hit a wall where outside of jewels what else to socket/upgrade any helpful advice would be appreciated

I'm assuming this is the character you are talking about:
https://pastebin.com/n93eDzBV

On loading your PoB I notice a few significant things:
Spoiler

1) You don't have arcane surge support anywhere. Arcane surge is a significant buff for spell damage, and all spell builds should have a method of gaining it. You can put an arcane surge support linked to your flame dash. Level it up to at most lvl 6, as you need the mana required to gain the arcane surge to be lower than the cost of flame dash.

2) You are using the charge mastery for 3% increased damage per charge. This can make it difficult to sustain endurance charges, and can let the charges drop in between packs, or invulnerable phases for bosses requiring you to take the time to generate them again.

3) On loading your PoB you seem to have several empty jewel sockets. This is very significant, as jewels can have not just life, but damage modifiers as well. You need an eye jewel that grants fire damage so that you can ignite, as well as other jewels for just damage.
Buy one of these to put in your belt: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Sanctum/V7EXm9lip
Fill the rest of your jewel slots with some of these:
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Sanctum/dLbdw7OCJ

4) You have a couple of sockets unallocated. This would allow you to get more jewels which can significantly affect your character.
Spoiler

5) You are missing the High voltage wheel. I understand that you're not even level 90, so you still need more points, but you would need to move your pathing points around to make this easier:
Spoiler

6) Your boots have only one resistance mod, as well as a low life total of 43. May be beneficial to replace them at some point. Once they are good enough you don't plan to replace them, you can run lab some to try to enchant them with a useful enchantment such as lightning damage or damage penetration if you haven't killed recently, or crit chance if you haven't crit recently.

7) You do have a helmet that has the enchantment, which is great, but since you are looking for things to upgrade you can craft one to have a maximum power charge. Crafting one, even if its just slamming an enchanted helmet with a warlords exalt to put influence on it, and alt/regal crafting till you get the power charge and literally anything else that's useful, will be a significant dps increase. It can take a couple divines to craft a helmet like this.

8) Obviously they are beyond your current budget, but the forbidden flesh/flame would be a significant dps increase for you to work towards.
Last edited by Ekule731 on Jan 6, 2023, 7:28:57 AM
"
Ekule731 wrote:
"
tiagoman wrote:
hi!!!! hello

Can u help me with the damage? i dont think i have enough to kill bosses :(

Really fun build still

maybe the helmet ench for clear speed??

the forbidden flesh are at 15 divs right now so thats not an option for now :P

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/tiagoman/characters

https://pastebin.com/5fKWPNes

here is my build.

Ty for the guide and if u can check my build i would really appreciate it

Yes, the helmet enchantment is rather significant for map clear speed due to the pierce. Until you can get the enchantment you should allocate piercing shots. You can use also frost shield for a bit of crit chance if you are going to be standing still for a few seconds before fighting an enemy (like essence monsters, metamophs, or many bosses)

Just to note, Cluster traps with bear traps consumes all stacks of the cooldown to throw that many traps, idk if you knew that.

I'm assuming you are disabling grace to enable zealotry for certain bosses.

I did notice a couple significant things:
Spoiler

1) I noticed that you anointed Overcharged (With a D) rather than Overcharge. Fixing that would give you about 21% More damage.
Spoiler

2) You are missing Whispers of Doom. Currently you can only apply EITHER conductivity or Assassin's Mark. This is more definitely more dps than a medium cluster jewel.
Spoiler

3) You have allocated an unnecessary pathing node, you can reclaim a passive point that way, which should be used to allocate the socket in the cluster jewel you have. You can put a rare jewel there for some damage. Due to int requirements you may need to allocate Coordination. You can take life nodes past the notable from the Revenge of the Hunted Wheel to do this.
Spoiler

4) You don't have a way of igniting an enemy, for the 40% critical strike multiplier against burning enemies. You can buy a jewel that would help with that.
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Sanctum/V7EXm9lip

5) The Cast speed rolls on your void batteries are minimum at 10%. If you were to get 20% rolls, you would be able to get an additional 20% cast speed. Id recommend getting wands with at least 17%. You can reclaim some of the cost by selling your current wands. 10% wands certainly function, but when damage is your concern it is somewhat significant.
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Sanctum/kLpeqnQC5

6) The REDUCED trap throwing speed roll on your gloves is 29%. This can be as low as 20%. This is a place you can get a little more trap throwing speed, though obviously not a big deal.

7) The attack and cast speed enchantment you have on your boots is contingent upon you killing a monster. Trap kills don't give you kill credit for this purpose, so running some labs to enchant your boots with a modifier that would actually apply to your character would be a dps increase, at a relatively low monetary cost (though will have to run lab a few times)

8) You are missing the life mastery for +50 life, as well as a few small % life nodes. That would help your relatively low life total.

9) Obviously, the forbidden flesh/flame combo is a lot of dps, though I know the cost is significantly prohibitive, at 13div for the pair.

Changing just the amulet anointment, passive tree stuff, and importing a 1c jewel from trade, I get this PoB for you:
https://pastebin.com/eVqsBW4U

* It places you at 10.19mil dps, adjusted to over 22mil accounting for average traps per throw and chance for retriggers. You can definitely get more with the forbidden jewel pair, boot enchantment, better speed rolls on uniques, and more levels for the passive tree and cluster jewels. That should be more than sufficient to kill basically any boss.

Edit: Replaced the PoB link as it wasn't set to Pinnacle Boss DPS

i really loved how u explained all the problems and solutions to my build

Thanks a lot i really appreciate it.

THANK U ♥♥

EDIT: Do u think i should change swift assembly with power charge on crit?
Last edited by tiagoman on Jan 6, 2023, 11:36:13 AM
"
tiagoman wrote:

i really loved how u explained all the problems and solutions to my build

Thanks a lot i really appreciate it.

THANK U ♥♥

EDIT: Do u think i should change swift assembly with power charge on crit?

- Hopefully you're enjoying your character a bit more with those changes.

- Path of Building Doesn't even try to calculate average traps per throw, instead assuming you only throw a single trap each time. So it may appear that replacing the support gems that allow you to throw extra traps gives you significantly more dps, however this isnt necessarily the case. This also means that your actual dps is typically higher than what PoB Calculates you to be at.

* It uses throws per second (as opposed to attacks or casts per second for other builds) multiplied by the average damage per trap to calculate dps.
* This is why in PoB, something like cluster traps support which actually penalizes damage per trap by 55% shows as less damage than not using the gem at all, despite it actually averaging out to 35% more damage due to throwing 3 traps at a time.
* Swift assembly support doesn't penalize the damage per trap, so in PoB it calculates it as not really affecting damage at all, despite all the % chance to throw X traps averaging out to throwing 1.6 traps per throw. The downside is its inconsistency, but 60% more dps on average is better than 35% more dps from cluster traps.

- To specifically compare the ~60% more dps from throwing 1.6 average traps per throw to the 4% more damage per power charge of power charge on crit support, your 9 power charges results in a 36% More dps multiplier from power charge on crit.

- Trap and mine damage support averages out to 34% more dps due to the 10% less trap throwing speed penalty (Less multipliers are multiplicative and thus much more significant than reduced throwing speed penalties like from the Slavedriver's Hands which are easily negated with 250%+ trap throwing speed)

* So between all your support gems and depending on how much flat lightning damage you've got on your character, either Trap and Mine Damage or Added lightning damage support are going to be the lowest damage/most replaceable supports. You can use PoB to determine for your character, which support gem of the two gives the least dps.

- Regardless, you should absolutely use either Swift assembly, or cluster traps, if for no other reason than the extra traps aren't aligned with the primary trap thrown, and thus wont have large gaps between the balls, as well as the extra life/es gained on trap trigger from trap mastery and tinkerskin.
Last edited by Ekule731 on Jan 7, 2023, 11:24:32 AM
hi,

my damage seems to be fine on mapping, ive not yet got to bossing so im not sure how my damage will fair for bosses yet.

however i do get 1 shot fairly easily is there any advice on how i can sort my survivability a bit better, also advice for damage when i get to bossing if nesesery.

i currently do not have currency to get the flame/flesh jewels just fyi.

any help will be greatly appreciated.

my character,

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/JediFail/characters
Love the build, kills bosses and the sanctum ez pz
Last edited by Rylo151 on Jan 9, 2023, 10:26:25 PM
Do you have a completed POB
"
JediFail wrote:
hi,

my damage seems to be fine on mapping, ive not yet got to bossing so im not sure how my damage will fair for bosses yet.

however i do get 1 shot fairly easily is there any advice on how i can sort my survivability a bit better, also advice for damage when i get to bossing if nesesery.

i currently do not have currency to get the flame/flesh jewels just fyi.

any help will be greatly appreciated.

my character,

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/JediFail/characters

So I'm assuming this is your character:
https://pastebin.com/TxpcZvq8

You seem to have most of the important things as far as damage is concerned, but I did notice a few things that alone aren't big issues, but together certainly contribute to you feeling squishy:
Spoiler

1) Though not a big issue the first thing I notice is that you are slightly undercapped on fire resistance. If literally anything lowers your resistance (exposure, elemental weakness, etc) it will massively increase the fire damage you take. Typically its recommended to have a little over cap (+13 or so to negate elemental weakness) You have 62% lightning resistance overcapped, so if you wanted to you could use the horticrafting station to convert a lightning resistance modifier, such as on your boots, to Fire. This would also enable you to replace your eye jewel to something without resistance.

2) The second thing I notice, and this is a much more significant issue, is that you are using Inspired Learning, and yet only have 2 Notables allocated within its radius. You might as well have an empty socket. The jewel can certainly help mapping, but only if you have the prerequisite passives allocated first. If you dont want to spend so many passives to make use of the jewel, you can get one with some life and damage mods instead:
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Sanctum/dLbdw7OCJ
Spoiler

The passives I recommend allocating to make use of the jewel are these ones:

3) One big things that I notice is that you have a relatively low life total, at 3,665. You do at least have the timeless jewel, so the final total is around 5,224 effective life. You have a ring with no life on it, crafted life on the belt, nearly minimum life on the tinkerskin, a unique jewel with no life that isn't even working, and a helmet with only 32 (though admittedly very difficult to get much on an enchanted helmet you crafted from scratch while still having the power charge and resistances) You are also still missing a % life node in the tree.
Spoiler

4) You are using a profane proxy, with the corruption implicit "grats level 23 Conductivity Skill". I was under the impression that skills granted by items, such as from corruption implicits, don't count as socketed and thus don't benefit from any modifiers to 'socketed' gems such as on uniques. Should be easy enough to see if the monsters have the conductivity symbol over their head if the skitterbots is near them, but you at the very least want to confirm that the interaction is actually working.
* Assuming it does work however, that doesn't mean it necessarily worth using, as it's sacrificing valuable maximum life. There are other methods of applying curses such as with the brand, and your damage should be good enough you don't need most enemies to be cursed anyways.

5) You aren't taking the Inveterate Wheel or other sources of spell suppression like I recommend for the low budget charge stacking version. This wheel gives 39% spell suppression not counting the mastery (which you wouldn't benefit from with the pure armour boots you have) It's certainly not required, as even I spec out of it later on, but one of the main reasons I recommend it initially because until you can afford well rolled rares your effective life is low and you will get oneshot by many spells you could otherwise suppress.
Spoiler

6) Your chaos resistance is -39%. While its sufficient to do all content, it will make you rather vulnerable to chaos damage. You can allocate the One With Evil and two leading passives to get 45% additional chaos resistance.
Spoiler

7) You have taken a few things in the tree that alone aren't necessarily big issues, but together eat up a lot of passive points.
Spoiler

- You don't need the dexterity from Alacrity at all. Refund that point.

- You are taking two +30 strength nodes. I can understand taking one, but you should probably try to get strength on an item rather than spending 2 points just to use items. You could get that strength on a ring for example.

- You are taking the energy shield mastery for 2% of energy shield regenerated per second, which for you only regens 31 per second. The build has other ways of recovering energy shield such as the 50 per trap trigger, and energy shield naturally recharges if you haven't taken damage in the last 2 seconds by default. This is in addition to energy shield comprising less than a third of your total effective hit pool. I Don't feel that the mastery is worth an entire passive point.

8) You are taking the right side of the Doom Cast wheel, rather than the left side. In crit builds, critical strike multiplier is usually FAR more valuable than similar values of critical strike chance. The left side of the wheel does take an extra point, but its definitely worth that point.
Spoiler

9) You have a watcher's eye with movement speed while affected by grace, which is great utility, but I just want to make sure you know that the physical damage conversion mod you have with wrath doesn't do anything for this build at all.

10) You are using frost bomb, which only applies exposure to cold damage and is thus pointless for you. I'm aware wave of conviction isn't really something you can pre-fire like frost bomb is, which is why I recommend putting it on an arcanist brand with the other 1-2 curses you'd want to apply to the enemy.

11) Your eye jewel in your belt has no damage mods, especially fire damage to spells which would allow you to ignite enemies for 40% critical strike multiplier. If you're really worried about survivability you could go for energy shield on the eye jewel as well.
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Sanctum/rBByOl4TQ

12) You are linking both Lifetap and Arcane Surge support to flame dash. Not only does this increase the life cost, but using lifetap prevents flame dash from spending mana making it completely ineligible for gaining Arcane Surge. As it stands, you have no way of gaining arcane surge.

13) Defiance banner reserves 10% mana, granting 24% increased evasion rating. This skill is far more frequently used on builds that stack both evasion and armour, and even then for those builds it can be difficult to justify the reservation. Seeing as you have lifetap linked to so many things, mana seems to be an issue for you. I'd recommend not using the banner. As a side node, if you were to replace the ring, you could get the bench crafted prefix - to mana cost of non-channeling skills. This makes the brand/flame dash feel far less penalizing on mana cost.

I want to make sure you are aware, as you have 2 flasks rolled with increased evasion rating suffixes, and 2 flasks rolled with cast speed suffixes. Only one version of each suffix actually applies at a time. You can see this by looking in your character sheet at with lightning trap selected, going to the Misc tab, and activating the Silver flask, then the amethyst flask. You'll see your trap throwing speed modifier jump from gaining onslaught and the cast speed suffix, but activating the amethyst flask wont change this number at all, despite it having 16% cast speed just like the Silver flask. PoB shows the same thing.

You can see the same with increased evasion rating suffixes, activating your jade flask, then activating your Quicksilver flask. Your quicksilver has the higher roll on the suffix, so it'll take priority, thus only raising your evasion equivalent to 5% global evasion rating (401 evasion in your case). The Jade flask grants implicit 1,500 dexterity, so activating it second will deceptively show a massive evasion rating jump just like activating the quicksilver first would.
Last edited by Ekule731 on Jan 9, 2023, 11:56:22 PM
"
Do you have a completed POB

I'm not completely sure what you're asking, whether you didn't find my links or whether they seem incomplete to you.

I have a few seperate PoB links, most of them being actual links to real characters, rather than a construction of ideal/theoretical items like other build guide creators often do for PoB links. The consequence of this is that they are seperate links. If one or more links seem incomplete in some specific way, or of people genuinely would prefer synthetic PoB links, I'm open to feedback.

Edit: PoB is often slow to update right before a league launch, so having most of the guide within the PoB notes rather than in the forum guide itself makes it harder to update in time, especially since I have a full time job and my own builds to plan. Not everyone uses PoB either. The formatting between forum guide posts and PoB Notes is rather different so it isn't as simple as just copy pasting large sections of the guide either, though I admit I could do more than just leave them blank. This is ignoring that i'm actually near the 50,000 character cap for the forum guide even after condensing some paragraphs into images (which I think is hard to even notice), so it would be either missing large amounts of information or quite the wall of text to scroll through without any spoilers to hide text you aren't looking for.
Last edited by Ekule731 on Jan 10, 2023, 12:11:52 AM
i'm really really enjoying this build so far and still have lots of improvements to do. thank you for detailed guide and all the answers, really helped me s2
"
Rylo151 wrote:
Love the build, kills bosses and the sanctum ez pz

Glad you're enjoying the build, just wanted to let you know you are missing a couple things. The helmet enchantment is the most significant one, though the helmet does have +1 power charge, so that's good. you don't have the Critical Mastery for 50% effect of non-damaging ailments, or the lightning mastery for +15% max effect of shock. Shock makes monsters take increased damage equal to the effect of the shock, so these masteries should make your damage even better.

Good luck exile, and thanks for trying my build

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info