[3.20] Lightning Trap Saboteur | League Starter | Endgame Bosser | 4+mil dps on a 5link.

Thanks for the very in depth reply!
Few thoughts...

Kalandra ring - yeah that would be cheaper than another Precursor! Anathema is still more damage by my calcs though (At least while not running 2 void batteries), plus being able to use the CWDT curse setup, which is unreliable but something. I'm sure it would win out with some tree rework (I did include only running the best curses and taking whispers of dooms again, but equally might be able to improve by spending that 70 div elsewhere!

Of curse, this is only true when you apply the curses, which is only vs bosses. If you want to run juiced content/simulacrum etc I'd definitely go for the dual ring approach.

Throatseeker - yeah I know! Just don't have the points. I have spotted that I don't need the 3% res from the cluster node, and Snowstorm isn't that good, so can drop that and find another 2 points somewhere.
I do have a 30% crit multi (and 74% reduced enemy life regen) relic on which I didn't put in the PoB. Actually I should think about a keystone to put on it. Ghost dance saves a point I guess. Or Call to arms and run enduring cry?

Yep, another void battery is definitely a lot more damage. A lot of this is just being different, plus I really like that shield. If I do any uber stuff where I'll probably die if hit anyway, I'll swap in another wand.

Flasks - yeah I'm super lazy sorting out flasks especially when I've just re-specced a character or they aren't fully built around flasks. I'll get some proper ones once I figure out what I want.

Survivalist - yeah I don't mind the nodes in general but they are a bit wasted here. I'll drop them if I can fix resists.

Timeless jewel - good idea! I specifically got that one as it has proj speed and some other ok stuff, and I was originally planning on using Nimis, but I didn't like it much.

Badge corruption - Hmm, looks like I could actually spare the stats with the dex roll I thought was a waste on my helm. I still may be better trying to get a helm with res on it though. There is a badge with +1 curse and res on the market, but its 250 div!

Mageblood - Nowhere near being able to afford I'm afraid. Its unusual for me to have as much as I had to buy the ring! I also don't like mageblood as its a crutch for imbalanced builds imho. But it would be good here, yeah!

General defence vs dps issue. I like the balanced approach. Non capped suppress is probably ok for mapping though with the other defensive layers. I'll have a play with it.

My current 'project' is double corrupting slavedrivers... Getting expensive as I've already bought the cheap good rolls! I also only seem to hit white sockets (5 so far) or destroy them. Not had a single implicit. Spell crit would make it much more comfortable to switch to snipers mark which is a lot more damage.

I got that first timeless you highlighted. Good find, fixed my resists so I've dropped survivalist and grabbed throatseeker.

I'm quite a bit overcapped on cold and lightning now, which isn't terrible. But can maybe look at another damage roll on a jewel.

I'll play with it as it is for a bit I think and decide if I do go all out with kalandra ring (I need more currency for starters!)
The cluster is arguably not giving me a lot now, over an extra jewel socket - I originally planned to use at least one medium. That would let me grab whispers and still keep my suppression.

Current setup (With relic included, conservative setting in config, and still bad flasks/gems!) https://pobb.in/MErw8bf_VHlV

Hi,
I bought this (as I thought) great Megalomaniac!

But SADIST does not work for traps, right? As not ME but the TRAPS are chlling, shocking and igniting?

Rarity: Unique
Megalomaniac
Medium Cluster Jewel
--------
Requirements:
Level: 54
--------
Item Level: 84
--------
Adds 4 Passive Skills
Added Small Passive Skills grant Nothing
1 Added Passive Skill is Arcane Pyrotechnics
1 Added Passive Skill is Sadist
1 Added Passive Skill is Surprise Sabotage

--------
Last edited by Braan79 on Jan 26, 2023, 6:48:12 AM
"
Carlovski wrote:
Timeless jewel - good idea! I specifically got that one as it has proj speed and some other ok stuff, and I was originally planning on using Nimis, but I didn't like it much.

- There are two types of projectile behavior.

- The first type is projectiles that have a specific distance they travel before 'ending' at which point they would return with Nimis. Projectile speed with this type of behavior results in the projectile getting to its farthest range faster and thus returning sooner. Most projectiles in the game have this type of projectile behavior.

- The second type of projectile behavior is duration based projectiles. This means they travel away for a specific duration (like 2 seconds for example) before 'ending' and taking 2 seconds to travel back. Projectile speed in this scenario will affect the distance that the projectile travels, but will not affect how soon the projectile returns. Lightning Trap is a duration based projectile. If you wanted the projectiles to return sooner, you would have to get sources of reduced skill effect duration (which would also reduce the duration of temporary buffs like Arcane Surge, Frost Shield, Vaal RF, etc)

- In general I don't recommend going out of your way to get projectile speed for lightning trap as the speed the projectiles travel at is plenty fast enough, especially when the majority of the time the traps are triggering at the feet of the monster you want to kill. Projectile speed won't affect dps with Nimis for lightning trap.
"
Braan79 wrote:
Hi,
I bought this (as I thought) great Megalomaniac!

But SADIST does not work for traps, right? As not ME but the TRAPS are chlling, shocking and igniting?

Rarity: Unique
Megalomaniac
Medium Cluster Jewel
--------
Requirements:
Level: 54
--------
Item Level: 84
--------
Adds 4 Passive Skills
Added Small Passive Skills grant Nothing
1 Added Passive Skill is Arcane Pyrotechnics
1 Added Passive Skill is Sadist
1 Added Passive Skill is Surprise Sabotage

--------

Correct, unfortunately traps or skitterbots applying ailments does not give you credit for the purposes of the increased elemental damage from sadist. If you were to somehow apply ailments a different way (such as from wave of conviction) then the increased damage would affect trap damage. Though I recommend just using a different notable instead.
How good/important is "11-12 % trap throwing speed" on belt? Got a free suffix.
Should be as good/equivalent to cast speed?
Last edited by Braan79 on Jan 26, 2023, 7:09:49 AM
"
Braan79 wrote:
How good/important is "11-12 % trap throwing speed" on belt? Got a free suffix.
Should be as good/equivalent to cast speed?

Not super important, though still good. Cast speed and Trap throwing speed are completely interchangeable for trap throw rate as long as you have Slavedriver's hand. Generally the suffixes are pretty tight, needing resistances and/or attributes, so its better to get cast speed on the rings where it can go to 16%, and then just have resistance on the belt. If you are res capped and have an empty belt suffix then trap throwing speed is certainly worth using.
"
Ekule731 wrote:
"
Carlovski wrote:

- There are two types of projectile behavior.

- The first type is projectiles that have a specific distance they travel before 'ending' at which point they would return with Nimis. Projectile speed with this type of behavior results in the projectile getting to its farthest range faster and thus returning sooner. Most projectiles in the game have this type of projectile behavior.

- The second type of projectile behavior is duration based projectiles. This means they travel away for a specific duration (like 2 seconds for example) before 'ending' and taking 2 seconds to travel back. Projectile speed in this scenario will affect the distance that the projectile travels, but will not affect how soon the projectile returns. Lightning Trap is a duration based projectile. If you wanted the projectiles to return sooner, you would have to get sources of reduced skill effect duration (which would also reduce the duration of temporary buffs like Arcane Surge, Frost Shield, Vaal RF, etc)

- In general I don't recommend going out of your way to get projectile speed for lightning trap as the speed the projectiles travel at is plenty fast enough, especially when the majority of the time the traps are triggering at the feet of the monster you want to kill. Projectile speed won't affect dps with Nimis for lightning trap.

Every day is a schoolday! Thanks.
Hello again, I have returned after improving my build some more and would like to request some guidance as to what I should be working towards next in this build.

Since last I asked for help, I have done many things such as getting the unstable infusions, getting a much better belt and leveling a few times. Now I have achieved my goals to get stronger and went from 3.9mil dps when i asked last time to now 10.2mil dps. I would like some more help to get even stronger pls. I imagine some obvious upgrades are things like awakened gems and whatnot but those are very much out of my price range. atm i only have 900c to my name. So i imagine due to how slow i am at farming, in like a week ill be at 10 divine or so.

Here's my POB: https://pastebin.com/pMKjTavp

(I am using assassin's mark for mapping and then swap to sniper's mark for bosses)

Thanks in advance for any help I receive.
Last edited by CheezusCrusty on Jan 28, 2023, 12:49:18 PM
Just posting again to say that this build is absolutely fantastic and truly slept on. I have no doubt that it will soon be a top meta build and subsequently nerfed... but I'll be getting a few more leagues of fun out of it first! Here's my gear now, mostly minmaxed but still room for improvement...

Last edited by Weeshnaw997 on Jan 28, 2023, 11:33:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info