3.18 | Forbidden Rite Occultist : Selfcast | Tens of Millions of DPS | (Not A League Starter)

"
sil222 wrote:
Hi,

Im thinking about playing this build in the new league as my currency dumper and I have some questions before planning it properly.

- What do you think about 8 link "spark" gloves and a different rare/unique chest for auras, like the chayula grasping mail or stasis prison?

- What do you think about rare temple gloves with the chill mod, unnerve/chaos leech implicits and get despair on a ring?

- How does CI work with it? Do you lose too much damage to make it worthwhile?

- I have seen some people go with aegis, rare wand, FR in gloves, no PC stacking and CI. Have you tried such a version or how does it compare?

- What are the main differences between dual wielding voids and going 1 void/rare + pc shield?

- Is stacking power charges the optimal way to boost dps?

- Corpse pact flesh jewels are an insane booster for this build right? Do you sustain life when stacking this up before a boss fight? Does vd clutter the screen so much that it could lead to visual problems in the new uber fights?

- Is there a proper way to include melding of the flesh or is it absolutely not needed? Especially when it comes to deep delve 1.5k+.

- Thoughts on proj speed, especially normal vs anomalous FR?

- Do you have to aim FR or does it have some form of auto targeting? How far does it reach? Is it possible to shoot it across the whole screen in uber boss fights?

Thank you very much in advance.

1. Some GG gloves could be doable i guess, but it is very hard to change any piece of gear in this build, also the chest is 100% required as it is our only way of generating frenzy charges for the badge of the brotherhood.

2. It is is definitly an option i am using a pair of gloves like this on cheaper budget. Once you can get a good pair of hands of the high templar (with spell crit + despair and a third decent mod it's just better in my opinion and also makes rings a lot easier to craft, crit multi + cast speed are insane dmg boost on ring).

3. The problem with CI is that you take no damage from casting therefore you cannot use cast when damage setups. And you lose a bunch of damage also yes.

4. Haven't tried and never seen a selfcast version using CI before.

5. Price void battery is 50 times cheaper and get similar result if not better. Also the rare jewels have very strong mod 18% crit multi while dual wielding and shield makes rare jewel not as good. Shield will give a bit more life but less damage overall, it comes to personal preference/budget both can be good.

6. As far as i know yes mainly because of the badge of the brotherhood and getting a ton of damage from frenzy charges, also gives you a ton of castspeed which makes the build a TON smoother to play, feels really bad with low cast speed.

7. Life sustain isn't an issue as long as you don't start stacking 10 seconds before. Start like 2-3 seconds before the fight it will proc your molten shell and it will absorb most of the damage, then life recoup will do the rest of the job you'll start the fight on full life. For visual problems i guess it depends on your point of view, i agree that it clutters the screen a lot but for me not to the point of causing an issue for fights.

8. For this version no way of adding melding of the flesh, if you want a more tanky version then you need to go with the COC, CI version with melding, global def and aegis build. The damage however is not comparable at all, again comes to what you prefer, i very rarely die as anything dies in an instant and
you still have a pretty decent life pool and survivability overall (don't forget berserk that ES version can't use)

9. Proj speed is an ok quality of life wouldn't say it's necessary tho or worth investing in.

10. It fires projectile to where you point your mouse, you don't have to aim exactly on the target it will search for any target around your cursor.
You can cast the spell from very far yes, i always prefer to stay close to bosses tho makes it easier to dodge stuff imo, also you will lose quite some damage due to nearby enemies take more damage and projectile taking more time
to reach the target etc..

Hope that helps
Hi @GG_Twif!
Fantastic build, great synergy and fun to play.
I need assistance in how/where to upgrade.
Current Character;
KilmarRite
Tried extracting into a POB for you here;
https://pastebin.com/Qj0Y9ch6

Also, if you have a suggestion on how to build the Atlas Passive for both bossing and mapping with your build :D
Last edited by Kilmar on May 12, 2022, 4:42:25 AM
"
Kilmar wrote:
Hi @GG_Twif!
Fantastic build, great synergy and fun to play.
I need assistance in how/where to upgrade.
Current Character;
KilmarRite
Tried extracting into a POB for you here;
https://pastebin.com/Qj0Y9ch6

Also, if you have a suggestion on how to build the Atlas Passive for both bossing and mapping with your build :D

Hey build is looking pretty solid

One thing that i see is that you are using a despair ring and the hands of the high templar, i would go for a rare pair of gloves then with unnerve implicit and temple mod for more dps.

Other than that biggest upgrades would be to find some good megalomaniacs to free up some jewel sockets so that you can use more rare jewels as they are an insane source of DPS.

Then if you have the possibility try to go for the corpse pact forbidden jewels it is definitly the biggest DPS boost but might require to work around some stuff.

For the tree hard to say especially since there will be new things coming out in 3.18 really depends what you like.

Ty for your comment and best of luck
any suggestion on the gloves? or could you be more specific to the modifiers you are suggesting?
"
Kilmar wrote:
any suggestion on the gloves? or could you be more specific to the modifiers you are suggesting?

unnerve + chaos leech implicits
then life prefixes and suffix you can get like dex if you need and some res and for the temple mod one like increased damage against shock or chilled enemies
"
GG_TWiF wrote:
"
sil222 wrote:
Hi,

Im thinking about playing this build in the new league as my currency dumper and I have some questions before planning it properly.

- What do you think about 8 link "spark" gloves and a different rare/unique chest for auras, like the chayula grasping mail or stasis prison?

- What do you think about rare temple gloves with the chill mod, unnerve/chaos leech implicits and get despair on a ring?

- I have seen some people go with aegis, rare wand, FR in gloves, no PC stacking and CI. Have you tried such a version or how does it compare?

- What are the main differences between dual wielding voids and going 1 void/rare + pc shield?

- Corpse pact flesh jewels are an insane booster for this build right? Do you sustain life when stacking this up before a boss fight? Does vd clutter the screen so much that it could lead to visual problems in the new uber fights?

- Is there a proper way to include melding of the flesh or is it absolutely not needed? Especially when it comes to deep delve 1.5k+.

- Do you have to aim FR or does it have some form of auto targeting? How far does it reach? Is it possible to shoot it across the whole screen in uber boss fights?

1. Some GG gloves could be doable i guess, but it is very hard to change any piece of gear in this build, also the chest is 100% required as it is our only way of generating frenzy charges for the badge of the brotherhood.

2. It is is definitly an option i am using a pair of gloves like this on cheaper budget. Once you can get a good pair of hands of the high templar (with spell crit + despair and a third decent mod it's just better in my opinion and also makes rings a lot easier to craft, crit multi + cast speed are insane dmg boost on ring).

3. The problem with CI is that you take no damage from casting therefore you cannot use cast when damage setups. And you lose a bunch of damage also yes.

5. Price void battery is 50 times cheaper and get similar result if not better. Also the rare jewels have very strong mod 18% crit multi while dual wielding and shield makes rare jewel not as good. Shield will give a bit more life but less damage overall, it comes to personal preference/budget both can be good.

6. As far as i know yes mainly because of the badge of the brotherhood and getting a ton of damage from frenzy charges, also gives you a ton of castspeed which makes the build a TON smoother to play, feels really bad with low cast speed.

7. Life sustain isn't an issue as long as you don't start stacking 10 seconds before. Start like 2-3 seconds before the fight it will proc your molten shell and it will absorb most of the damage, then life recoup will do the rest of the job you'll start the fight on full life. For visual problems i guess it depends on your point of view, i agree that it clutters the screen a lot but for me not to the point of causing an issue for fights.

8. For this version no way of adding melding of the flesh, if you want a more tanky version then you need to go with the COC, CI version with melding, global def and aegis build. The damage however is not comparable at all, again comes to what you prefer, i very rarely die as anything dies in an instant and
you still have a pretty decent life pool and survivability overall (don't forget berserk that ES version can't use)

9. Proj speed is an ok quality of life wouldn't say it's necessary tho or worth investing in.

10. It fires projectile to where you point your mouse, you don't have to aim exactly on the target it will search for any target around your cursor.
You can cast the spell from very far yes, i always prefer to stay close to bosses tho makes it easier to dodge stuff imo, also you will lose quite some damage due to nearby enemies take more damage and projectile taking more time

Hope that helps

Thank you very much, this helps a lot. I am pretty set on this build now.

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/hikki33/hiKKi_Rite?i=0&search=item%3DMageblood%26skill%3DForbidden-Rite%2C!Cyclone%26weapon%3DWand-%2F-Shield%26keystone%3DChaos-Inoculation%26sort%3Ddepth-solo

Here is an example of a CI version, 8 link gloves, melding, not stacking power charges for damage but I guess this is more relevant for really deep delve.

5. Double void batteries is definitely much cheaper. I tested crafting a shield yesterday and even without considering the price of the base, 100+ex is needed to craft it properly. With 10 power charges the difference is:
20 cast speed, 100 spell damage, possible dual wield crit multi on jewels, some area of effect
vs
+1 chaos skills, 44 crit chance, 109 flat life, an unveiled and a crafted suffix modifier, some es, some block.
Especially the possible res, double damage or attributes sound juicy.

I guess considering such a shield is not really an option until very late in the gear progression.

8. I dropped the idea of going coc mainly because of how the new bosses look and the lack of damage. I played an omni TS build last league and wasnt very impressed with how the coc variant handled late simu bosses, delve bosses or similar in comparison. Your variant looks very promising tho.

9. So you would stick to regular quality FR?

11. How rare are decent to good megalomaniacs? I guess, same as high templar gloves, there is basically no way in self farming for these.

12. How do you craft a helmet like the one you linked?

Thank you.

Last edited by sil222 on May 12, 2022, 10:14:24 AM
"
sil222 wrote:
"
GG_TWiF wrote:
"
sil222 wrote:
Hi,

Hope that helps

Thank you very much, this helps a lot. I am pretty set on this build now.

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/hikki33/hiKKi_Rite?i=0&search=item%3DMageblood%26skill%3DForbidden-Rite%2C!Cyclone%26weapon%3DWand-%2F-Shield%26keystone%3DChaos-Inoculation%26sort%3Ddepth-solo

Here is an example of a CI version, 8 link gloves, melding, not stacking power charges for damage but I guess this is more relevant for really deep delve.

5. Double void batteries is definitely much cheaper. I tested crafting a shield yesterday and even without considering the price of the base, 100+ex is needed to craft it properly. With 10 power charges the difference is:
20 cast speed, 100 spell damage, possible dual wield crit multi on jewels, some area of effect
vs
+1 chaos skills, 44 crit chance, 109 flat life, an unveiled and a crafted suffix modifier, some es, some block.
Especially the possible res, double damage or attributes sound juicy.

I guess considering such a shield is not really an option until very late in the gear progression.

8. I dropped the idea of going coc mainly because of how the new bosses look and the lack of damage. I played an omni TS build last league and wasnt very impressed with how the coc variant handled late simu bosses, delve bosses or similar in comparison. Your variant looks very promising tho.

9. So you would stick to regular quality FR?

11. How rare are decent to good megalomaniacs? I guess, same as high templar gloves, there is basically no way in self farming for these.

12. How do you craft a helmet like the one you linked?

Thank you.

- You can try on my 200 million DPS PoB from last league to swap to a shield, even with a perfect one it doesn't beat the void battery. The only thing is that you gain a bit of block and some life.

- Regular quality FR is fine yes, you can go for proj speed honnestly not big of a difference.

- Decent megalomaniacs are THAT rare you will surely find some if you are talking 2 good mods. Finding 3 good mods is definitly harder depending on how popular the build is also.

- For the helmet it's a true pain i would just go for woke orb -12 & +1 power charge. But if you ever want to try here is the way :

1. Make a magic helmet with elevated Chaos damage to spells > make an imprint > Buy or alt spam a +1 power charge helmet > Woke orb and hope for open prefix + open suffix (if no open prefix need to annul or back to imprint if fails) > prefixes cannot be changed > Reforge life (pray to get a life roll and not life regen suffix and hope it's decent else annul or back to imprint > If ever you manage to get a decent life roll then prefixes can't be changed > reforge chaos until -9 > prefix cant be changed and aisling and pray it doesn't remove the -9 > if success then done if you want -12 then get -9 > augment influence > prefix cant be changed > orb of dominance and pray > aisling and pray.

The helmet i had i bought it. I tried to craft one and i cried :) ended up deleting over 60Ex and didn't pass trough the prefixes ended up vendoring the
helmet kek.
"
GG_TWiF wrote:

- You can try on my 200 million DPS PoB from last league to swap to a shield, even with a perfect one it doesn't beat the void battery. The only thing is that you gain a bit of block and some life.

- Regular quality FR is fine yes, you can go for proj speed honnestly not big of a difference.

- Decent megalomaniacs are THAT rare you will surely find some if you are talking 2 good mods. Finding 3 good mods is definitly harder depending on how popular the build is also.

- For the helmet it's a true pain i would just go for woke orb -12 & +1 power charge. But if you ever want to try here is the way :

1. Make a magic helmet with elevated Chaos damage to spells > make an imprint > Buy or alt spam a +1 power charge helmet > Woke orb and hope for open prefix + open suffix (if no open prefix need to annul or back to imprint if fails) > prefixes cannot be changed > Reforge life (pray to get a life roll and not life regen suffix and hope it's decent else annul or back to imprint > If ever you manage to get a decent life roll then prefixes can't be changed > reforge chaos until -9 > prefix cant be changed and aisling and pray it doesn't remove the -9 > if success then done if you want -12 then get -9 > augment influence > prefix cant be changed > orb of dominance and pray > aisling and pray.

The helmet i had i bought it. I tried to craft one and i cried :) ended up deleting over 60Ex and didn't pass trough the prefixes ended up vendoring the
helmet kek.

Awesome, I will check out the wand/shield vs dual wield version of yours, when I have access to a computer again next week. Maybe helps with easier gearing, if spending 100+ex on an item can be called making it easier haha.

Oh yes, I tried to craft the helmet earlier on craftofexile with more or less the same method, I just cheated myself to a 2 prefix base and attempted to get a high tier life roll, absolutely nerve-racking even before all these 25 chaos res single suffix attempts later. Put that down very far on the list, next to the shield now.

Thank you very much, appreciate the help! I think that is it for now, will come back to you about this build probably once i got some starting items in the new league if you dont mind. Very much looking forward to playing this build. :)
Last edited by sil222 on May 12, 2022, 2:01:13 PM
"
sil222 wrote:
"
GG_TWiF wrote:

helmet kek.

Awesome, I will check out the wand/shield vs dual wield version of yours, when I have access to a computer again next week. Maybe helps with easier gearing, if spending 100+ex on an item can be called making it easier haha.

Oh yes, I tried to craft the helmet earlier on craftofexile with more or less the same method, I just cheated myself to a 2 prefix base and attempted to get a high tier life roll, absolutely nerve-racking even before all these 25 chaos res single suffix attempts later. Put that down very far on the list, next to the shield now.

Thank you very much, appreciate the help! I think that is it for now, will come back to you about this build probably once i got some starting items in the new league if you dont mind. Very much looking forward to playing this build. :)

Sure you can contact me ingame or on discord if you have more question will be easier to communicate ! I always answer to everyone
"
GG_TWiF wrote:
"
Kilmar wrote:

unnerve + chaos leech implicits
then life prefixes and suffix you can get like dex if you need and some res and for the temple mod one like increased damage against shock or chilled enemies

Thanks, I’ve managed to move some stuff around, and acquired forbidden flame/flesh, and is working on boot enchant. I just seem to run out of mana all the time.. any suggestions?
Also got new gloves, and crafted a new ring to replace the despair one

Last edited by Kilmar on May 13, 2022, 3:40:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info