[3.19] Phemetos' Maw of Mischief Tri-Ailment / Chaos Ignite Golems | Budget Friendly Mapper/Bosser!

From the manifesto, this build should still be okay? I just want something to run heists with which doesn't require self casting/attacking.
Not sure if golem life will be dramatically different with 3.19 manifesto changes - an extra 20% more but lost around 80% increased? On the other hand, no longer getting golem life from quality means you no longer need Enhance support and Ashes is not quite as essential.

The bigger loss is the mana reservation mastery, making it even harder to squeeze all the desired auras in.

I think it'll be fine, but might need some tweaking.

I probably won't try this two leagues in a row, but just want to say this was one of the most fun builds I've played in years.
"
Qetuth wrote:
Not sure if golem life will be dramatically different with 3.19 manifesto changes - an extra 20% more but lost around 80% increased? On the other hand, no longer getting golem life from quality means you no longer need Enhance support and Ashes is not quite as essential.

The bigger loss is the mana reservation mastery, making it even harder to squeeze all the desired auras in.

I think it'll be fine, but might need some tweaking.

I probably won't try this two leagues in a row, but just want to say this was one of the most fun builds I've played in years.

Yeah basically looks fine, but the mana reservation thing is going to suck, but that being said I didn't use ashes before so I think I'll manage somehow...

Don't see anything in the patch notes that negatively (or positively) affects this build as far as I can tell, so we should be fine minus a little Golem HP which we may or not be able to fix with new items, and the defenses are going to be a little bit worse
"
Phemeto wrote:
The fire exposure helps even if you're chaos ignite with blackflame, as your initial hit which is still fire will need to get calculated first, and the ignite will be determined based on that

Ailments haven't worked like that since 3.0

They're calculated from base and added damage of the skill, don't care at all about the damage of the hit that inflicted them.

"
Phemeto wrote:
then THAT damage becomes chaos.

The damage doesn't become chaos, you are still doing fire damage, the enemy is taking it as chaos.

This means you scale your ignite from all the traditional sources that increase the damage you deal (ele, fire, fire dot, etc).

And then you can scale it with -chaos res and wither, because those affect the damage the enemy is taking.
"
Drevi wrote:
"
Phemeto wrote:
The fire exposure helps even if you're chaos ignite with blackflame, as your initial hit which is still fire will need to get calculated first, and the ignite will be determined based on that

Ailments haven't worked like that since 3.0

They're calculated from base and added damage of the skill, don't care at all about the damage of the hit that inflicted them.

"
Phemeto wrote:
then THAT damage becomes chaos.

The damage doesn't become chaos, you are still doing fire damage, the enemy is taking it as chaos.

This means you scale your ignite from all the traditional sources that increase the damage you deal (ele, fire, fire dot, etc).

And then you can scale it with -chaos res and wither, because those affect the damage the enemy is taking.

I feel like I knew this...but I worded it improperly, I'm big dumb when it comes to poe mechanics.

Anyway With everyone wanting to play golems thanks to clayshaper, i feel the primordial jewels are going to be super expensive this league which is going to be a real shame and a blow to league starting this character...

I may end up starting as SRS again then swapping over, that or Armageddon brand..
So with PoB updating, I dont know...if golem's life changed...it looks like its the same, so....I feel like our DPS is going to be less, but maybe that 20% base increased saved us, because it shows the same HP for golems...

Dunno ill have to test in-game, but the build is fine
"
Phemeto wrote:
So with PoB updating, I dont know...if golem's life changed...it looks like its the same, so....I feel like our DPS is going to be less, but maybe that 20% base increased saved us, because it shows the same HP for golems...

The gem changes come along with gpk files from GGG. Unfortunately that means they won't come through for us until about 3 hours before launch.
Interested in playing this build, couple things I've wondered...

- Assuming I use Ignite Prolif on helmet for mapping, what is the best swap on that blue slot for single target vs bosses? Unbound Ailments or Infused Channeling I assume?

- Now that quality doesnt increase Stone Golem life, there's no point to running Enhance with it. Is there anything else to link to it in your chest? other than empower, minion life and awakened fire damage... best QoL option? I'm thinking a Chaos Golem for the phys reduction.

- Best/cheapest early league ring besides Berek's? Polaric vs Blackflame vs decent Rare?

- How good is the "Ignites you inflict spread to other Enemies within a Radius" Exarch implicit, compared to Berek's? Compared to Ignite Prolif? How do multiple sources interact, how do the AoE's compare? What's the minimum setup you can get away with with it still clearing decently?

- Speaking of Berek's, I assume that for bosses it would be optimal to switch this out?

- Can we get endurance and/or frenzy charges comfortably other than random +1 min suffixes?

- With the tighter reservations, what auras are you guys looking to use? Determination is the only one I'm seeing as 100% mandatory. Herald and Purity of Elements for QoL, Malevolance for dps, Discipline if you're going ES/Aegis, even Skitterbots is nice if not using the shock ascendancy.

- How meta is this build/other golem stuff feeling? I've seen it more mentioned than previous leagues where it was fairly unknown, but not quite proper meta meta. Since Maw wasn't changed, the droprate of the cards shouldn't change and it shouldn't be too expensive... right?

- What's the consensus on Heart of Destruction vs Shaper of Storms? I think HoD is better from the start but is there a certain gear level people like to switch to Shaper at?

- How worth it is it to run 3 Primordial Mights? The build is very jewel socket hungry as is, is that 5th golem worth it (assuming you have an Anima)?
Last edited by GRIZZLEH on Aug 16, 2022, 4:29:30 PM
"
Phemeto wrote:

PoB doesn't have the final gem data yet, that comes out after the friday update to game files.

The % more hp the golems it's supposed to counter the scaling nerf that all minion gems got, should be ignored.
The real change is the loss of % increased life. 30% base and 1% per quality.

You can approximate the changes adding "golems have 30+(quality*1)% reduced maximum life" in the configuration tab in PoB. 50% for 20/20, 80% for perf roll ashes

My char from 3.17 with ashes loses about 20% damage
Just got my Maw of Mischief and everything dies immediately. My problem is that I also die immediately to random melee attacks. What should I be buying to scale defenses and not feel as squishy? Running around with random rares from level, have about 3.5k HP, 500 ES and max Resists

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info