[3.19] CoC Ice Nova Build | Occultist | Lake of Kalandra | Path of Exile 3.19

League started this build this league and it was a rough start until I switched over to ES but since then I've been cruising. The new recombinator effects make some nutty crafts easy. Getting damage to chilled and damage to shocked both on gloves is great and I've been trying to put together a bomb frostbite ring as well. Just got my final watch stone today and have been cruising through alched 16s easy now it's time to start juicing them. I've definitely lowered my deaths a lot since picking up an ES gained on hit with discipline watchers eye, really keeps me topped off.
helo, im starting my 1st occultist build with this type of build.. im having problem in shield that when im using prism guard and put 3 aura gem on it, its start to reserve my hp.. and it fall down to 77hp left with 1000+ es.. but sometimes the monster hit me and piercing through my ES and instantly died.. btw im not using shavronne armor yet.. any other way to keep my hp at 1k+?
Last edited by SarahTheOfficials on May 23, 2022, 3:41:42 AM
"
helo, im starting my 1st occultist build with this type of build.. im having problem in shield that when im using prism guard and put 3 aura gem on it, its start to reserve my hp.. and it fall down to 77hp left with 1000+ es.. but sometimes the monster hit me and piercing through my ES and instantly died.. btw im not using shavronne armor yet.. any other way to keep my hp at 1k+?

It's chaos damage that bypasses the energy shield which Shavronnes is needed to stop from happening

Looking at your character I see you're only level 68. Personally I would not use prism guardian until you can use shavs and helm and well for the es boost. If you can't afford those left I would buy some life based gear for cheap to get you there. I tried what you're doing myself and it is a struggle until you get those pieces and preferably presence of chayula as well before it starts to feel comfortable
Last edited by kwix67 on May 23, 2022, 8:17:33 AM
thanks for the answer,

i have another question.. in some video on youtube when i see this build, i notice that when the character using cyclone the frostbolt come out at the same time, is there any item that can make that happen? if i want to do frostbolt i need to spam it out and make my cyclone stop for a moment..
Last edited by SarahTheOfficials on May 23, 2022, 11:27:14 PM
"
thanks for the answer,

i have another question.. in some video on youtube when i see this build, i notice that when the character using cyclone the frostbolt come out at the same time, is there any item that can make that happen? if i want to do frostbolt i need to spam it out and make my cyclone stop for a moment..

That is from the weapon cospris malice the unique jeweled foil. It triggers socketed cold gems. It is recommended for this build to socket it with frostbolt, lesser multiple projectiles and another ice Nova gem. The frostbolt comes out and then ice Nova will also cast on top of those frostbolts
Thank you for writing this cool guide / build :)

Just reached T10 maps today and blasting through them, like it's nothing.
I lack crit chance atm, since I don't run with a 6L Shav yet. But I find it manageable.
Still need to make/buy cluster jewels, which is going to be my next project I think.

One thing I haven't figured out yet is:

"
wishdropper wrote:
How do I generate power charge on bosses?
When we spend 200 mana we get a power charge so we keep spamming vortex and cyclone before the fight started.

Is there a passive skill or gem setup that I've messed up? I think that I've looked all over and I can't figure out what I'm missing :(

Here is my current gear.
If I've made some sort or error, then please let me know
(I got Replica Conqueror's Efficiency and Militant Faith aswell)
"
Wertron wrote:

"
wishdropper wrote:
When we spend 200 mana we get a power charge so we keep spamming vortex and cyclone before the fight started.

Is there a passive skill or gem setup that I've messed up? I think that I've looked all over and I can't figure out what I'm missing :(

It's an Ascendancy Passive, "Forbidden Power".
"
Soske wrote:
"
Wertron wrote:

"
wishdropper wrote:

It's an Ascendancy Passive, "Forbidden Power".

Thanks.
But since it's triggering, is that because I got too much "reduced mana cost of non-channelling"? Vortex costs me 8 mana per trigger.
I got a total of -24 mana cost atm (from 2 rings and Replica jewel)

Edit.
Just tried spamming in HO and it does trigger, but I gotta spam cyclone & Vortex for the entire Power Charge Duration, until the next charge spawns XD
Last edited by Wertron on May 25, 2022, 6:47:28 AM
Tooltip on cylcone is showing me that i have 6.25 APS with 14% cooldown recovery am i losing a lot of DPS or is this APS okay?
"
S0zil5 wrote:
Tooltip on cylcone is showing me that i have 6.25 APS with 14% cooldown recovery am i losing a lot of DPS or is this APS okay?

Edit: Brain fart I was way off.

With 14 CDR you can go up to 7.57 aps and be fine

I would still recommend putting your character into POB and doing all the correct customization to make sure you aren't over that with flasks or buffs or anything
Last edited by kwix67 on May 27, 2022, 8:15:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info