[3.19] The Orbital Striker Occultist - Hexblast Chaos Ignites leaguestarter to endgame

How do you get doom stacks, if you use blasphamy? Like, how does that mechanic work with doomsday?
"
How do you get doom stacks, if you use blasphamy? Like, how does that mechanic work with doomsday?

Auras, curse on hit and triggered curses do not gain doom, ever.
Curses you cast yourself gain Doom over time, about 10 per second iirc (max doom is 40). Doomsday makes curses not gain doom, but apply maximum doom in an area after 1 second (visible by a detonation on the rune).

When casting hexblast on a target that has 40 doom, the ignite deals twice as much damage.
"
Darkxellmc wrote:
"

Auras, curse on hit and triggered curses do not gain doom, ever.
Curses you cast yourself gain Doom over time, about 10 per second iirc (max doom is 40). Doomsday makes curses not gain doom, but apply maximum doom in an area after 1 second (visible by a detonation on the rune).

When casting hexblast on a target that has 40 doom, the ignite deals twice as much damage.

My quesiton was how you were getting the doom, the doomsday proc is creating a hexed area on you for 1s on cast, then max stacks are applied when it expires. "but apply maximum doom in an area after 1 second" So every 1s enemies are near you, they get 40 doom stacks?
Last edited by Sadudotharl on May 14, 2022, 12:35:53 PM
Blackflame ring is currentyly 2 - 3 Ex, what is a real price for this item ? I feel like 2 - 3 EX is over priced right ?
"

My quesiton was how you were getting the doom, the doomsday proc is creating a hexed area on you for 1s on cast, then max stacks are applied when it expires. "but apply maximum doom in an area after 1 second" So every 1s enemies are near you, they get 40 doom stacks?

No, doomsday only applies to self cast curses.

"
sadzo wrote:
Blackflame ring is currentyly 2 - 3 Ex, what is a real price for this item ? I feel like 2 - 3 EX is over priced right ?

Blackflame is a rare ring from ritual altars only. A few exs is an expected price at this point of the league. It will go down significantly in value over the next few hours (was 5ex 4 hours ago with 1 listing), and will stagnate at 50-100 chaos for a day or two. Later on in the league, it is usually worth just a few chaos, as demand for it is extremely niche.
"
Darkxellmc wrote:
"

No, doomsday only applies to self cast curses.

So how do you get the 40 stacks of doom then? If doomsday prevents it. The leveling section takes doomsday
Last edited by Sadudotharl on May 14, 2022, 2:28:31 PM
You have 1 curse in your blasphemy setup and then manually cast a different curse that builds up the doom. Doomsday does not prevent it, it is just a more effective way of building doom stacks.
On lvl 69 atm, but i am really squishy, what's gonna make this build tanky as it is written in the guide and when?
"
_sRe_ wrote:
On lvl 69 atm, but i am really squishy, what's gonna make this build tanky as it is written in the guide and when?

Against physical damage, once you have 15-20k armor minimum. Make sure you're resistance capped, including chaos when you use glorious vanity.
Against elemental, magna eclipsis and glorious vanity.

The piece that makes tankyness work together is doppelganger's guise, as it halves most damage you take.
Hello there,

Just a quick feedback on my experience so far.
I still don't have Blackflame and Glorious Vanity.

I've had some trouble in mid yellow maps when I was lvl 78-80 without my 4th Lab.
I've never found damage was a problem (except versus Rare 4 mods Big Boys that are not in the game anymore, at least in these kind of maps). So I ran with Determination & Vitality instead of Malevolence.
In my 4th lab I got helmet enchant with 30% increased mana reservation effiency for Determination. Which allow me to run Defiance banner on top of that.

I've also reached few points to Devotion on skill tree.
I end up being 70% phys reduction without flasks & 80% with all flasks up. With a total of 4k HP
With these changes I feel tanky enough to run Tier 11 / 12.

I may buy Blackflame soon. I hope it will help me getting faster on killing big rares from essences.

Anyway, still loving the build & the explosion pop !

Regards
Last edited by daelik33 on May 15, 2022, 5:20:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info