[3.19] The Orbital Striker Occultist - Hexblast Chaos Ignites leaguestarter to endgame

"
Viktranka wrote:
"
svarions23 wrote:
Allright, finaly reached 1.5M dps on Sirius, took down HH and put up Dyadian Dawn, so my DPS skyrocket.
Doesn't Diadian Dawn only work for attacks not spells?

Yep, Dyadian dawn does not fork for hexblast. Also, 3M dps on sirus with 15 withers is not incredibly high, have you checked if removing explosive impact and allocating acrimony is a dps gain?

"
AzwTyr wrote:
Is this a build you can only transition to after finishing the entire campaign? Am looking to get into it early, but I saw a lot of the required gears have level req of like 60+~70..

Looks amazing to play though! (which is why I want to get started early)

Hexblast is only available at act3, I'm not sure what you would use to level. I did fireball, it was pretty good.
Without blackflame (which requires level 49), you'll be doing much less damage, though that damage is tier to merc and uber lab anywyas (wither debuff and -chaos res). It most likely doesn't matter for the campaign.
You can most likely go hexblast as soon as you can get its chance to ignite up enough (using combustion support).

I can just recomend two +1 chaos wands (they are 2-5c each) and a +2 AOE tabula (8c), they will carry you through the entire campaign and lower tier maps with ease.
"
Hexblast is only available at act3, I'm not sure what you would use to level. I did fireball, it was pretty good.
Without blackflame (which requires level 49), you'll be doing much less damage, though that damage is tier to merc and uber lab anywyas (wither debuff and -chaos res). It most likely doesn't matter for the campaign.
You can most likely go hexblast as soon as you can get its chance to ignite up enough (using combustion support).

I can just recomend two +1 chaos wands (they are 2-5c each) and a +2 AOE tabula (8c), they will carry you through the entire campaign and lower tier maps with ease.

Alright, will do that. As for the links/skill/support gems they are the same as the ones posted right? Except combustion as mentioned, I suppose?
Thanks!
Last edited by AzwTyr on Mar 4, 2022, 1:52:15 PM
Yep, I'm dumb, the dps increase is due to gem swap and not the belt, still that means I have a slot to fill, could go with something...
"
AzwTyr wrote:
"

Alright, will do that. As for the links/skill/support gems they are the same as the ones posted right? Except combustion as mentioned, I suppose?
Thanks!

Yep! For leveling, I'd do [Hexblast - Combustion - Ignite proliferation - Added lightning] at level 28.
Add burning damage at level 31, if we can avoid swift affliction it'd be great. if mana is an issue, maybe replace burning damage with inspiration.

"
Darkxellmc wrote:
"
AzwTyr wrote:
"

Thanks!

Yep! For leveling, I'd do [Hexblast - Combustion - Ignite proliferation - Added lightning] at level 28.
Add burning damage at level 31, if we can avoid swift affliction it'd be great. if mana is an issue, maybe replace burning damage with inspiration.

Alright, thank you!
Ah I have a question again, loading your PoB budget build, if I swap the Impresence amulet with Ashes (18% reservation), I get 0% unreserved mana (-1 mana), is there something off about the PoB calculation, and should I just ignore that? To begin with, the default budget build has 1% mana reservation (5 mana), and the ~10EX build has 0% unreserved mana as well, that's not enough to cast the skill right?
Last edited by AzwTyr on Mar 6, 2022, 11:42:57 AM
edited below
Last edited by asce5585 on Mar 7, 2022, 5:01:26 AM
"
AzwTyr wrote:
Ah I have a question again, loading your PoB budget build, if I swap the Impresence amulet with Ashes (18% reservation), I get 0% unreserved mana (-1 mana), is there something off about the PoB calculation, and should I just ignore that? To begin with, the default budget build has 1% mana reservation (5 mana), and the ~10EX build has 0% unreserved mana as well, that's not enough to cast the skill right?
Eldritch Battery solves mana problems being that it acts as extra mana when you have a decent ES pool.

Eldritch Battery isn't available for reserve skills, only cast.
Does increased chaos damage on jewels do anything? I see you seems to be targeting that mod.

Edit: main skill deals chaos damage, so it does work.
Last edited by Kociuk on Mar 8, 2022, 7:23:50 AM
"
Kociuk wrote:
Does increased chaos damage on jewels do anything? I see you seems to be targeting that mod.

Edit: main skill deals chaos damage, so it does work.

Ignites from hits are scaled with increases in the damage type of the hit, proportionally with the amount of base damage used for the ignite.

Since we almost only have flat chaos (and a tiny bit of cold and lightning), %increased chaos damage scales the same as burning damage. Just to clarify, this odes not double dip and is still additive with all other increased damage sources.

Be warned however, chaos dot multiplier doe NOT work, since ignites only deal fire damage.
Last edited by Darkxellmc on Mar 8, 2022, 5:00:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info