[3.24] fezz's Toxic Rain Champion - Step-by-Step PoE Build Guide for Beginners & Casuals

"
fezz8386 wrote:

Great to hear that you had a good league start.

Regarding the mana issues: It really is just a problem in a very specific case, namely if you didn't find/roll a Enduring Mana flask in Act 2 when you are supposed to use the 2 Herald auras. Other than that it's pretty much impossible to run out of mana with how the build is setup (you invest like 5-7 skill points this build normally doesnt need to acheive that - but it's a huge QoL.

Regarding the PoB: The guide is written for SSF. Everything important can be crafted (and the guide tells you how). So there shouldnt be a need for a "SSF PoB".

Let me know about your progress!

I agree the mana issues must be a me problem. But it's a short time, so no worries.
Also, I made a mistake with the suggestion of another build. Basically they were using your Option B - cluster jewels and I had Option A - non cluster, loaded.

Thanks for replying :)
Having fun so far, I like Toxic Rain. Only problem with it is that sometimes I can't tell what it's hitting and it can be slow to reposition if you don't stop attacking and manually start firing someplace else. But that's whatever, I'm already planning on buying MTX for TR.

Last season I took a Skeleton Mage Necro to 96 doing mostly Expedition, Blight, Metamorph, Legion, and a smattering of other stuff. Is clearing Legions really that difficult, even with ballistas and poison? That would be really unfortunate. It should be good at the others though I assume?

Also, I see that the late endgame set-up is still dependent on having a mana flask? Is there not a way to sustain mana without one?
"
Tiam_Kara wrote:
Having fun so far, I like Toxic Rain. Only problem with it is that sometimes I can't tell what it's hitting and it can be slow to reposition if you don't stop attacking and manually start firing someplace else. But that's whatever, I'm already planning on buying MTX for TR.

Last season I took a Skeleton Mage Necro to 96 doing mostly Expedition, Blight, Metamorph, Legion, and a smattering of other stuff. Is clearing Legions really that difficult, even with ballistas and poison? That would be really unfortunate. It should be good at the others though I assume?

Also, I see that the late endgame set-up is still dependent on having a mana flask? Is there not a way to sustain mana without one?

Regarding Legion: Yes, due to the fact that this is a Chaos DoT build the damage rampup is pretty slow and you most likely wont be able to clear Legions, especially considering the new Archnemesis mods. (PS: This build doesn't use poison in any way)

Regarding the mana flask: There are ways to get rid of it, but that's a trade league thing.

Here, your options are:

- Devouring Diadem [Helmet which provides Eldritch Battery (= ES protects Mana instead of life)]
- Replica Conqueror's Efficiency (Jewel with 'Non-Channelling Skills have -9 to Total Mana Cost')
- On top of that you can craft 'Non-Channelling Skills have -# to Total Mana Cost' on your rings using the Crafting Bench
- You still might have a source of mana regen on one of your items to make it work

Due to the fact that I play SSF it was never an option to go for no mana flask so don't have first hand experience here, to be honest. I will try to change that in 3.18.
Last edited by fezz8386 on May 17, 2022, 12:46:27 AM
"
fezz8386 wrote:

Regarding Legion: Yes, due to the fact that this is a Chaos DoT build the damage rampup is pretty slow and you most likely wont be able to clear Legions, especially considering the new Archnemesis mods. (PS: This build doesn't use poison in any way)

Regarding the mana flask: There are ways to get rid of it, but that's a trade league thing.

Here, your options are:

- Devouring Diadem [Helmet which provides Eldritch Battery (= ES protects Mana instead of life)]
- Replica Conqueror's Efficiency (Jewel with 'Non-Channelling Skills have -9 to Total Mana Cost')
- On top of that you can craft 'Non-Channelling Skills have -# to Total Mana Cost' on your rings using the Crafting Bench
- You still might have a source of mana regen on one of your items to make it work

Due to the fact that I play SSF it was never an option to go for no mana flask so don't have first hand experience here, to be honest. I will try to change that in 3.18.

Awesome, thanks.

It might not necessarily be necessary to change. Not everyone is as intolerant of pushing one button as I am!
you forget add 1st and 2nd ascendacy point in guide
btw i think most ppl already know
"
lordnot wrote:
you forget add 1st and 2nd ascendacy point in guide
btw i think most ppl already know

Nope, it's in there.

In Act 3 it states that you should NOT complete The Lord's Labyrinth yet, quote:

"While progressing through Act 3, the game wants you to go to the Aspirant’s Plaza through the Statue of the Goddess and complete The Lord’s Labyrinth (usually referred to as ‘Lab’). While you want to do this with the majority of builds as soon as possible, this time you don’t. The build simply doesn’t really benefit from it at this point and it’s not worth the struggle (because you have to kill the boss Izaro who can be challenging, especially for new players)."

In Act 7 it states that you should complete both the The Normal Labyrinth and The Cruel Labyrinth, picking Unstoppable Hero and Fortitude.

Cheers and thanks for the feedback (it shows good will) ;)
Last edited by fezz8386 on May 19, 2022, 2:05:18 AM
Im folowing this guide this season,wven if I played TR as a ranger before. Gonna start with some noobish Q: why should I craft double axe and pole with rustic sash? There is no explanation later on. To get a possible 5 or 6 link?
"
M0f0 wrote:
Im folowing this guide this season,wven if I played TR as a ranger before. Gonna start with some noobish Q: why should I craft double axe and pole with rustic sash? There is no explanation later on. To get a possible 5 or 6 link?

Quote from the guide: "The following vendor recipe allows you to get a better weapon (highly recommended):"

But you are right, this isn't quite leading. I've edited this as follows: "The following vendor recipe allows you to get a better weapon [which will increase your (G) Shattering Steel damage by quite a substantial amount so it's recommended to do this as soon as possible]"

Thanks for the feedback and happy leveling ;)
Last edited by fezz8386 on May 20, 2022, 3:49:46 AM
Thanks a lot for your build and website
Really enjoying my league so far because of it.
Hey,

Loving the build so far. Just a little bit of a noob question, with the CWDT setup. If we are using vaal molten shell, I'm assuming we manually cast the vaal ability at certain points. We also manually cast Defiance Banner as normal as this isn't triggered by the cwdt (reason why we have the specific levels).

Thanks in advance!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info