[3.17] 👑PoE on Steroids: ✨Flicker Strike✨ CoC Ice Nova / Spear ❄️ - S-Tier T16s, Sirus, map/boss ✔️

Thank you. I mistook that he meant the cold exposure instead of the support gem. I've done as recommended and now have 5.3k ES and seem to be doing a lot better. I really appreciate the recommendations. This is the most fun I've had playing this game. Flickering around is probably my new favorite way to play the game.
Im pretty confused here again, the first post is for the flicker strike then the 3rd post seems to be the guide, but for a different build, with a witch, vd, but also flicker strike info, and the same pob. Different chests... is there a guide for this flicker strike build or am I just too dumb and reading something wrong.
"
4hpkj4 wrote:
Thank you. I mistook that he meant the cold exposure instead of the support gem. I've done as recommended and now have 5.3k ES and seem to be doing a lot better. I really appreciate the recommendations. This is the most fun I've had playing this game. Flickering around is probably my new favorite way to play the game.

Wow sweet, that's exactly what I hoped to revive! The joy when the build first clicks is good and the fact is, the build is at such a strong point now I never imagined possible.

Thanks Reptoon for helping me problem solve, I really appreciate it, I still spend a lot of time in medicals so some days I totally miss the forum >< I'll look at your PoB soon.
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
"
foster21 wrote:
Im pretty confused here again, the first post is for the flicker strike then the 3rd post seems to be the guide, but for a different build, with a witch, vd, but also flicker strike info, and the same pob. Different chests... is there a guide for this flicker strike build or am I just too dumb and reading something wrong.

Oh dude, the whole post is under construction sorry! I copy-pasted my old forum post for another build so I could easily yoink the formatting. Ignore the second post and just look at the first, it's being slooooowly updated. Sorry for giving you an aneurysm. xD
"
reptoon wrote:
"
EDIT Holy crap dude, 3.7k ES isn't going to cut it in high red maps, I hope you're not trying that content ><

This is my take. Not sure what I have not ticked or ticked but my DPS is considerably low.

Want to take a look?
https://pastebin.com/ex0hr7aQ

edit: After checking myself

The 5 nodes at the very top will add around 1mil dps when I get those.

But I suppose I'm still only around 2-3mil dps at the moment with those

Haha wow, you're an A* player, you adopted the guide really well (with Unnerve/Exposure gloves etc).

So the main thing is, you do have to increase "count" of Ice Nova to 2 in the skills part seeing as every Ice Nova will double-hit off the Frostbolts.

Vortex also hits 5 times, but that is less significant.

What is probably feeling off when bossing against pinnacles is your mana costs - buy a cheap Divergent Inspiration (it doesn't and probably you don't actually want a 20/20 as it will set your mana cost to 0, disabling Inspiration charges totally.)

A Silver Flask with Attack Speed (14% attack speed) will feel huge too, and since the critical modifiers don't stack, right now it's wasted since your Diamond Flask already has the roll!

Finally, your Wise Oak isn't functional because your Cold Resist isn't your highest resist right now. I think a bunch of Harvest Crafts may fix this for you (you need to do three when I checked your gear) - or simply adjust the gear when you upgrade. I'm not sure you can drop Wise Oak now however as you are under the cap without, so maybe just buy a Bismuth with 13/14% Attack Speed as a stopgap for now and it'll feel much better!

Huge also is the missing Abyss Jewels! These are super cheap and are only 1 point away from your tree, so level to 91 and grab two Multiplier + ES abyss jewels, they add a lot of tankiness + RESISTS (which can fix your resist situation) for like, 10-20c.
"
primaeva wrote:
"
reptoon wrote:
"
EDIT Holy crap dude, 3.7k ES isn't going to cut it in high red maps, I hope you're not trying that content ><

This is my take. Not sure what I have not ticked or ticked but my DPS is considerably low.

Want to take a look?
https://pastebin.com/ex0hr7aQ

edit: After checking myself

The 5 nodes at the very top will add around 1mil dps when I get those.

But I suppose I'm still only around 2-3mil dps at the moment with those

Haha wow, you're an A* player, you adopted the guide really well (with Unnerve/Exposure gloves etc).

So the main thing is, you do have to increase "count" of Ice Nova to 2 in the skills part seeing as every Ice Nova will double-hit off the Frostbolts.

Vortex also hits 5 times, but that is less significant.

What is probably feeling off when bossing against pinnacles is your mana costs - buy a cheap Divergent Inspiration (it doesn't and probably you don't actually want a 20/20 as it will set your mana cost to 0, disabling Inspiration charges totally.)

A Silver Flask with Attack Speed (14% attack speed) will feel huge too, and since the critical modifiers don't stack, right now it's wasted since your Diamond Flask already has the roll!

Finally, your Wise Oak isn't functional because your Cold Resist isn't your highest resist right now. I think a bunch of Harvest Crafts may fix this for you (you need to do three when I checked your gear) - or simply adjust the gear when you upgrade. I'm not sure you can drop Wise Oak now however as you are under the cap without, so maybe just buy a Bismuth with 13/14% Attack Speed as a stopgap for now and it'll feel much better!

Huge also is the missing Abyss Jewels! These are super cheap and are only 1 point away from your tree, so level to 91 and grab two Multiplier + ES abyss jewels, they add a lot of tankiness + RESISTS (which can fix your resist situation) for like, 10-20c.

A lot better with the gem and flask changes

I had already fixed the resist issue. I now have the same lightning and cold res equal with fire being lower. trying to solve that also

thanks! a lot of fun so far
You mentioned Armageddon Brand as good leveling tool.
Any recommended guide?
I found this skill extremely clunky...
"
moecake wrote:
You mentioned Armageddon Brand as good leveling tool.
Any recommended guide?
I found this skill extremely clunky...

If you got access to all the best levelng stuff...
I followed the lightning trapper build, (just his leveling section found on this forum also) all the way to 80.
note: I also went Sabutuer and when I went to do Uber Labs at 80 that's when I removed all points from Ascen tree RIGHT before clicking the statue thing at the end, this allows you to change ascen with 8 available points. Don't forget to do this before clicking it!!

Then i respec to this threads build as much as I could then did cyclone CoC until 90. Then switch to flicker
Last edited by reptoon on Mar 8, 2022, 1:40:16 PM
2 things, Feelin prettttttty squish which im having a tough time trying to figure out. https://pastebin.com/5mY0MzR1

Also is the version 1.0b only for bossing or is that what we are working towards?
"
foster21 wrote:
2 things, Feelin prettttttty squish which im having a tough time trying to figure out. https://pastebin.com/5mY0MzR1

Also is the version 1.0b only for bossing or is that what we are working towards?

Not OP but I'm running the build myself and I can assure you it only works once you hit every single threshold outlined by OP.

-Damage issues:
Its probably a mana problem. I see you're missing elreon -mana on another ring. Are you holding down both Flicker and Vortex all the time? Also need check your crit after all buffs are on, including power charges, by checkign the tooltip of flicker strike in the tooltip of your character profile screen

-Flasks:
Try and get the exact same flask mods. They're just as important to making sure they are up. I used flask used on full charge enchant on all but quicksilver. That was my preference so I dont need to click them all

-Res:
Need to up your chaos res. I felt having above 0 helps for sure. The higher the better

-Tree:
You're missing divine shield on the tree. Switch to CoC Cyclone until 90+ if you keep dying and losing XP. Also missing another power charge still and the one on the helmet

-Clusters:
Remove the 3 points on your large cluster. We don't take the last node on the end (snowstorm + the 2 small passives beside it) Use those points to complete the tree more

-Survivability:
Vaal Molten Shell and Vaal Discipline to use on bosses / when you need to press the button. Also quality your defiance banner to 20% provides some more defenses and up the level of your determination aura. Making sure the best +max es on all gear as possible

I could be missing more but this looks good for now to fix
Promise you once you hit all these thresholds it feels so much nicer

The important thing to make sure is making sure your mana is under control (it might be already i don't know)

Need to make sure ice nova costs as low as possible but above 0. So 1 is ideal
You can check this by hovering over it, even though u can't cast it, by checking the tooltip on the bottom right of your screen
Last edited by reptoon on Mar 8, 2022, 6:49:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info