[3.17] 👑PoE on Steroids: ✨Flicker Strike✨ CoC Ice Nova / Spear ❄️ - S-Tier T16s, Sirus, map/boss ✔️

Yeah, I saw the Flicker of Power as well. And even without it, the new baseline Flicker Strike scaling frenzy on hit better, would allow us to replace Usuper's when using Ashes of the Stars. The new gem with a bottom end 20% to quality Ashes would give us a 35% chance to generate a frenzy on hit vs right now we have 15% on hit from gem and 20-30% on crit with Usurper's. Im sitting at 39% right now. We lose the teleport distance from Divergent which is sad.

I am also interested in seeing how the new Ice Spear and Ice Nova feel. The clear using the new Ice Spear may be exceptional. I hope one of the new Frostbolts still has the returning projectiles built in.

I am a bit worried about mana costs though since we are losing 4% reduction from Div Inspiration and 20% from Anom GMP. I occasionally still go OOM as it is right now. However, we also don't have Vortex to continuously cast anymore since it is no longer instant so maybe it evens out.

I am also planning to continue work on this build using the new tech but in standard. I will not be playing this league. Looks a little boring to me. New ascendancies are cool and all, but meh.

I already have a helm primed for the changeover.
Last edited by sniperscout on Jan 13, 2024, 7:48:39 AM
Is there anyone who will try to start with a similar build?
"
yakushin wrote:

This specific build is probably not league start friendly. Too many rarer uniques to depend on and not budget friendly. This would be a build you start after you are able to generate some currency. That being said, there might be another similar build that could be a league start and then you transition over to this later. I am not sure what that would be though.
Build is fun to play and I love it when I lag my friends maps. But I noticed something, anyone got a suggestion as what can replace the lost reservation efficiency from ashes? (Also definitely don't have enough currency for mageblood)
"
Vaveth wrote:
Build is fun to play and I love it when I lag my friends maps. But I noticed something, anyone got a suggestion as what can replace the lost reservation efficiency from ashes? (Also definitely don't have enough currency for mageblood)

i think Prim would say just use one of the other good amulets at this point. maybe you could get some res eff on jewels or drop an aura. I havent looked at the problem.

As for the other part, the gap in strength between MB and HH is a lot less than the gap between HH and any other belt. So go for HH. This build is viable even before HH but lets be real if you want to maximize fun here you gotta spend.
"
yakushin wrote:

do NOT league start this build.

do NOT attempt this build without an egg nest of cash and a willingness to dig in to some problem solving.

the next nearest build to play would probably be some sort of flicker build that scales the flicker hits instead of triggering spells. maybe with some phys to cold conversions or something. but tbh i think flicker is a weak starter build all around.

go meta -> get wealthyish -> come back here to have fun
"
BruteNewb wrote:
"
yakushin wrote:

do NOT league start this build.

do NOT attempt this build without an egg nest of cash and a willingness to dig in to some problem solving.

the next nearest build to play would probably be some sort of flicker build that scales the flicker hits instead of triggering spells. maybe with some phys to cold conversions or something. but tbh i think flicker is a weak starter build all around.

go meta -> get wealthyish -> come back here to have fun

Haha hey Brute!!! Thanks for manning the fort! You're absolutely right that the build probably won't hold together compared to what modern stuff we have now in PoE!

I would HIGHLY recommend just building Lancing Steel of Spraying CoC Wintry Blast, the entry requirement is so low compared to this one, and the power levels could be similar! At least until I ever refresh the build.
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
I see some more activity in here! Very nice

I have been experimenting with the new gems a bit. We lose some DPS with Vortex no longer being an instant. Vortex itself did decent damage but the main mechanic we used it for was for the increased cold damage to chilled enemies via Bonechill Support.

Losing teleport distance from the Alt Flicker makes me very sad. It seemed like a small detail but it is actually a fairly large nerf to my enjoyment of the build.

Here are some of my gem findings:

Normal Flicker Strike: Even with the large increase to Frenzy Charge generation and in conjunction with Ashes of the Stars, I have difficulty sustaining charges. Not sure why since I have 39% Frenzy on hit when previously I had 15% on hit and 24% on crit.

Flicker Strike of Power: Feels good. The gem by itself is a DPS loss due to not having the attack speed bonus normal Flicker Strike has. Allows us to replace the helmet with something a bit more useful but keep in mind, you lose all Frenzy Charge generation.

Ice Nova of Frostbolts: Very large AOE. DPS feels pretty good when paired with Bonechill Support.

Vortex of Projection: Very Large AoE. DPS feels solid when paired with Bonechill Support.

Ice Spear of Splitting: Superior for clear. Not as good for single target vs normal Ice Spear since it can't shotgun.

Herald of Ice: Since I use Ashes, the quality change which increases AoE is pretty noticeable (50% increased base radius). I am seeing a lot more HoI chains than I was seeing previously.

I am not sure at this point if Vortex of Projection or Ice Nova of Frostbolts is better. I keep going back and forth. PoB says Vortex is better but not by a large margin.

I am currently running the following in my body armor:
Flicker of Power|Ice Nova of Frostbolt|Multistrike|Bonechill|Inspiration|Awakened CoC

My overall findings are that the build is very much alive. I think moving Bonechill to the chest piece is a top priority. This however, means it is harder to cap Crit Chance if you dont have +1 power charge in the helmet.

Last edited by sniperscout on Dec 25, 2023, 3:26:44 PM
"
Vaveth wrote:

If you share your PoB I wouldn't mind taking a look.
Annointing Charisma would prob do the trick.
If you are using Flicker of Power, you can change your helm over to Crown of the Inward Eye. The original annointment for Tranquility isn't needed since Crown gives you Transfiguration of the Soul.
"
sniperscout wrote:
I see some more activity in here! Very nice

I have been experimenting with the new gems a bit. We lose some DPS with Vortex no longer being an instant. Vortex itself did decent damage but the main mechanic we used it for was for the increased cold damage to chilled enemies via Bonechill Support.

Losing teleport distance from the Alt Flicker makes me very sad. It seemed like a small detail but it is actually a fairly large nerf to my enjoyment of the build.

Here are some of my gem findings:

Normal Flicker Strike: Even with the large increase to Frenzy Charge generation and in conjunction with Ashes of the Stars, I have difficulty sustaining charges. Not sure why since I have 39% Frenzy on hit when previously I had 15% on hit and 24% on crit.

Flicker Strike of Power: Feels good. The gem by itself is a DPS loss due to not having the attack speed bonus normal Flicker Strike has. Allows us to replace the helmet with something a bit more useful. Helmet upgrade probably negates the DPS loss from reduced attack speed.

Ice Nova of Frostbolts: Very large AOE. DPS feels pretty good when paired with Bonechill Support.

Vortex of Projection: Very Large AoE. DPS feels solid when paired with Bonechill Support.

Ice Spear of Splitting: Superior for clear. Not as good for single target vs normal Ice Spear since it can't shotgun.

Herald of Ice: Since I use Ashes, the quality change which increases AoE is pretty noticeable (50% increased base radius). I am seeing a lot more HoI chains than I was seeing previously.

I am not sure at this point if Vortex of Projection or Ice Nova of Frostbolts is better. I keep going back and forth. PoB says Vortex is better but not by a large margin.

I am currently running the following in my body armor:
Flicker of Power|Ice Nova of Frostbolt|Multistrike|Bonechill|Inspiration|Awakened CoC

My overall findings are that the build is very much alive. I think moving Bonechill to the chest piece is a top priority. This however, means it is harder to cap Crit Chance if you dont have +1 power charge in the helmet.

Sweet, does Flicker of Power losing Frenzy charges not hurt? OR is that fixed by Ralakesh + Badge just like everything else this league? Seriously, the Ralakesh interactions are so going to get kicked next league.
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info