[3.20]🦂 Velyna's HoAG Storm Rain 🦂 Cheap and Easy Leaguestarter | Hidden and Feared Viable

In the endgame PoB you have lifetap at level 20 and storm rain at level 1, is it supposed to be like this?
This is going to be my leaguestarter.
https://www.twitch.tv/velyna
I came back the last couple days of Archnemesis to finish up 36 challenges and get the wings. While I didn't push this build as far as it could go, I did get the chance to use

which was a great help with bossing since we can no longer get the Scourged Culling Strike Quill Rain.
"
CrowVGC wrote:
I came back the last couple days of Archnemesis to finish up 36 challenges and get the wings. While I didn't push this build as far as it could go, I did get the chance to use

which was a great help with bossing since we can no longer get the Scourged Culling Strike Quill Rain.

I will check that out in the new league, good idea!
This looks like so much fun and I'm very excited to try it!

Can I ask: do you have a sense for how the build will do before you go for the giga investment? I realize it probably can't do the Feared, but do you think it can clear the Atlas, kill Sirus, Elder, etc.? Maven?

I'm between this and Lightning Strike atm, but I've played LS two leagues in a row and always wanted to make Storm Rain work so this is looking super appealing!
"

Can I ask: do you have a sense for how the build will do before you go for the giga investment? I realize it probably can't do the Feared, but do you think it can clear the Atlas, kill Sirus, Elder, etc.? Maven?

I'm between this and Lightning Strike atm, but I've played LS two leagues in a row and always wanted to make Storm Rain work so this is looking super appealing!

Should be absolutely fine, it's a very strong bosser overall. Just updated the leaguestart PoB btw.
"
Velyna wrote:
"

Should be absolutely fine, it's a very strong bosser overall. Just updated the leaguestart PoB btw.
Awesome, thanks!
I just league start tested this for those interested and have a few notes that might be useful for folks:

- Build is SUPER smooth leveling. PoCo feels like a cheat code
- Stay disciplined, don't swap to Storm Rain too early, no matter how much you want to. You really do need the bow and the chest piece bare minimum. I think you can get by without the clusters at first though.
- Build really pops and should have no problem getting you into reds on gem levels alone before you start to really need them 6 links.
- Withering touch is big important
- Coloring the chest is kinda hell. Buckle up for that to take some time and be patient.
- I personally didn't feel like I was getting a lot of value out of the elemental ailment avoidance on the right side of the tree. I wouldn't recommend dropping it, but I might recommend not bothering to go towards it until you're pushing reds since I felt like I got more value out of the damage and life and first cluster set up.

Question for Vel:
Once we have Lone Messenger, are we reserving anything besides HoAg and Arctic Armor? I saw in your video you were reserving a lot but I think that might be an older video? Just curious!

Thanks again for a fun build!

Edit Update #2:
Now that we're in standard, I threw the gear on a level 93 character and tried it against some bosses. I did regular elder deathless and map super smooth even without gem levels. Struggled against Searing Exarch though; I think the herald was having trouble targeting. I'm sure it's just learning to use the build better though.
Last edited by VilandilTasardur on May 11, 2022, 2:21:34 PM
"

Question for Vel:
Once we have Lone Messenger, are we reserving anything besides HoAg and Arctic Armor? I saw in your video you were reserving a lot but I think that might be an older video? Just curious!

Not Vel, but the endgame version squeezes in Aspect of the Spider, so that's probably the reservation you're missing
Leagestart video added near top of guide

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info