Torchlight 2, from cinical brit, (mentions also poe and d3)

See you in cutthroat!

...and if you have one beta key left, i have a many friends that are waiting to play PoE.
He is kinda biased towards TLII, no idea why.

He mentions how you cannot run and attack/cast at the same time in Path of Exile while playing a game which is exactly the same... then goes on to say that the skills in PoE have lengthy cooldowns while TLII does not... Actually the only skills with real cooldowns in PoE are traps when you deplete your supply and in TLII the support(equippable/pet usable) spells have lengthy cooldowns.

Overall i find TB has high standards for gaming video content (he often scraps videos he makes because he is not happy with them or when they contain factual errors), but he really needs to do a bit more research before he says anything more about PoE.
"
Khodar wrote:
He is kinda biased towards TLII, no idea why.

He mentions how you cannot run and attack/cast at the same time in Path of Exile while playing a game which is exactly the same... then goes on to say that the skills in PoE have lengthy cooldowns while TLII does not... Actually the only skills with real cooldowns in PoE are traps when you deplete your supply and in TLII the support(equippable/pet usable) spells have lengthy cooldowns.

Overall i find TB has high standards for gaming video content (he often scraps videos he makes because he is not happy with them or when they contain factual errors), but he really needs to do a bit more research before he says anything more about PoE.

Yeap, I saw his preview of the Shadow Class and he looked totally lost.
"
Ironman wrote:

Yeap, I saw his preview of the Shadow Class and he looked totally lost.

Yeah he actually made at least 3 factual errors there too (by my count).
Someone really needs to bring this to his attention...
Sweeping Maid
ClinicalBrit...was very much not-clinical about his last PoE video.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Its been a few weeks that I started to lose respect.

1 Biased towards the crappy Tribes Ascend, instead of Firefall.
2 Biased towards Torchlight.
3 Didnt even played PoE for more than one hour.
4 Doesnt like the genre.
5 Doesnt understand the differences in design on the genre and their effects on the overall result.

He got 300K views though.
For free, thats good for the game.
But thats the extent of it. Problem is, even if 300K people check the game because of him, might as well have him muted while he plays the game. Or just handle him a video of gameplay exclusive while he interviews Chris.

When I saw him playing and talking, I felt like hitting my head against the tabble.
"It feels like holding my breath under water constantly." Me about the limited "life expectancy" of the inventory space on Path of Exile and frequent needs to go to town to unload.
Last edited by Interesting on May 16, 2012, 11:03:28 AM
You know he's just a guy giving his OPINION of the games he plays, right?

You're losing your respect for him because you don't agree with his opinion? What a noble human being you are!
''Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.
The silence is your answer.''

IGN: Vaeralyse
Last edited by Tagek on May 16, 2012, 11:12:13 AM
"
Interesting wrote:
But thats the extent of it. Problem is, even if 300K people check the game because of him, might as well have him muted while he plays the game. Or just handle him a video of gameplay exclusive while he interviews Chris.

Some of his videos are definitely less professional than others - I'd cut him some slack, though, since he plays and reports on such a huge number of games, he's bound to get something wrong every once in a while.
What have you become when even nightmares fear you?
"
Tagek wrote:
You know he's just a guy giving his OPINION of the games he plays, right?

You're losing your respect for him because you don't agree with his opinion? What a noble human being you are!

We are a little disappointed about the things he mentioned as facts, like that Phase Run is a Shadow exclusive skill and other nonsense, I have no problem with his opinion of the game, he has never played this genre much and gave it an overall positive "review", praising the graphics and difficulty level, it's the facts he got wrong.

"
nzrock wrote:
Someone really needs to bring this to his attention...

That's sadly almost impossible. He gets thousands of e-mails daily, and has other people on his team shift through them for his mailbox videos. Very low chance he would redo the videos after the time that has passed already.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info